NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really?

No discipline in shape
Speculative hero balls lumped all round the pitch
Poor set pieces
Lack of passion or belief

I'm sorry I don't see what you are seeing....
I think your last point is contributing to the other 3.

When chasing the game at home, recently, we've started off with Will and KLL hugging the touchlines, for 15 minutes.
We've had nobody in the middle, so they have slowly drifted in.
Each move they made towards the middle limited our options still further, until we looked like we were never going to score.

There doesn't appear to be much belief (or good luck) about, at the moment.

I'm clinging onto the hope that the 2014 half of the season will be the opposite of what we are currently seeing.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I think your last point is contributing to the other 3.

When chasing the game at home, recently, we've started off with Will and KLL hugging the touchlines, for 15 minutes.
We've had nobody in the middle, so they have slowly drifted in.
Each move they made towards the middle limited our options still further, until we looked like we were never going to score.

There doesn't appear to be much belief (or good luck) about, at the moment.

I'm clinging onto the hope that the 2014 half of the season will be the opposite of what we are currently seeing.

I think we all clinging to this! And touch wood it will!!

Just don't have a good feeling.

I think all is not well behind the scenes, Gus flounced on us and let us down but the point he was trying to make re investment looks to be born out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we all clinging to this! And touch wood it will!!

Just don't have a good feeling.

I think all is not well behind the scenes, Gus flounced on us and let us down but the point he was trying to make re investment looks to be born out.
I just don't see how you can come to that conclusion 12 games in with our best team sat in the doctors waiting room.

Granted we all knew striker cover was needed back in June and nothing of note seems to have been done, until desperation o'clock.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
There was obviously a massive falling out between the coaching staff last season and the club management on the direction the club was taking in terms of budget/strategy in the short to medium term.

I'm all for long term planning as long as it's not to the detriment of the team. Appointing an untried manager in English football with all this going on has the potential to massively go pear shaped.

Read between the lines, we are being fed loads of PR from Barber re FFP etc

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Bruno and Buckley were shit today. Bruno was doing a Smalling impression pointing all over the place and then just passing backwards. I dont think he made one successful forward pass. No fight in buckley, watches too much premiershite and kept going down too easily.

Oh and Lita makes Barnes look like Pele.
Agree Bruno was awful. Played a ball square across the middle and was intercepted. Could and should have cost us the game.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do the players want to play for Oscar?

Ummm. I held off from saying this after the Forest game, because I know the comments I will inevitably attract.

However, I was told after F/T whistle at Forest that there had been some disagreement between the players and Oscar in the dressing room after the Wednesday game. The rumour is that many of the players don't like the system that Oscar is trying to get them to play. "Gus-lite" is the phrase that was used to me.

Make of that what you will. I honestly have nothing more to say on the matter at this point, except that I'm starting to think that supaseagull may have a point. I hope not.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
ummm. I held off from saying this after the forest game, because i know the comments i will inevitably attract.

However, i was told after f/t whistle at forest that there had been some disagreement between the players and oscar in the dressing room after the wednesday game. The rumour is that many of the players don't like the system that oscar is trying to get them to play. "gus-lite" is the phrase that was used to me.

Make of that what you will. I honestly have nothing more to say on the matter at this point, except that i'm starting to think that supaseagull may have a point. I hope not.

lost the dressing room?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I just don't see how you can come to that conclusion 12 games in with our best team sat in the doctors waiting room.

Granted we all knew striker cover was needed back in June and nothing of note seems to have been done, until desperation o'clock.

We knew our strikers were shit halfway through the 1st season at Falmer but did nothing about it,it`s hardly suprising that Gus left the job unfinished , his hands were tied firmly behing his back with the lack of funds made available for signing players.Never mind at least we will have a roof over our heads when playing in the lower divisions in a couple of years time

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I've gotta be honest. At the moment I'm not renewing my st. I don't wanna watch dross!

Yes für den hartship!!!!

Nein, ich habe dass schon gesehen, in den 80 bis 00 jahren. Zwanzig jahren schon!!!!!

Ich kann das nicht mehr Sehen. Fick!

Burke hat mir in den Arsch gefickt!!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will stick by my original thoughts that OG is giving the existing squad until Christmas and then he will change it about in January. I think that there will be 3 or 4 ins and outs in the January window.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Thought Ince should have stayed on although he had picked up a harsh yellow.

Please, he misplaced pass after pass, was heading for another yellow with rash tackles, and will get a red soon if he plays more games.....rushes everything.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Do the players want to play for Oscar?

Well if they don't they shouldn't be in the team. They need to work as a cohesive unit and if they are incapable of winning currently then they should work towards getting draws. Boring stuff for the fans but hopefully will help retain our mid table position.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Please, he misplaced pass after pass, was heading for another yellow with rash tackles, and will get a red soon if he plays more games.....rushes everything.

On reflection you're right: I was delighted to see a prospect playing with real intent replaced by Lopez. Our second half performance improved dramatically after that.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
On reflection you're right: I was delighted to see a prospect playing with real intent replaced by Lopez. Our second half performance improved dramatically after that.

It would have been a whole lot worse with ten men.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I know people won't like what I'm about to say but before theplay-off games in a conversation at the Amex I said IMHO this squad of players are not good enough to get us promoted. The facts speak for themselves, the squad still lacks quality going forward and although the defence is sound it now lacks pace as the back 4 are not getting any younger.The team at the moment when you really look at it consists of free tranfers, loanees, youngers and a few who we paid money for, so it's hardly surpising the results are poor. OG needs the backing of the board and time to sort out his best team when the injuried return and then we'll see if we look like a decent team.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It would have been a whole lot worse with ten men.

Agreed.

The yellow probably made Garcia's mind up but Ince is raw & although it would have been a risk to leave him on he needs game time to get that experience. If the ref hadn't bottled the yellow after prolonged pressure from Yeovil players I think Garcia would have kept him on.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Agreed.

The yellow probably made Garcia's mind up but Ince is raw & although it would have been a risk to leave him on he needs game time to get that experience. If the ref hadn't bottled the yellow after prolonged pressure from Yeovil players I think Garcia would have kept him on.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ince overall, but I see him as a centre half in the making.....time will tell.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
My son has just phoned me from Yeovil and said that we were awful today and the people on the minibus all reckon it is the worst performance from a BHA team for a very long time apparently the players showed no passion very little skill and no effort.

For a very long time being from when? There have been some really dire performances.. We had 15 shots today, we didn't even have 1 away at Bristol City last season...

Exactly - plus at other times we were pitiful at places like Sheff Weds, Bristol City and Barnsley plus threw away points at Wolves who were cannon fodder for most teams.

Ffs why'd you have to remind me of that game/day..

But the point serves well, there's a hell of a lot of hyperbole and people being drama queens (no homo) on this board at the moment...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We knew our strikers were shit halfway through the 1st season at Falmer but did nothing about it,it`s hardly suprising that Gus left the job unfinished , his hands were tied firmly behing his back with the lack of funds made available for signing players.Never mind at least we will have a roof over our heads when playing in the lower divisions in a couple of years time
The striker depth was and is sh*te.
I don't quite see how bringing in Ulloa constitutes 'doing nothing'.
Or spending £6+ million represents a lack of funds.

Lita and/or Blackstock or whoever, should have been in the squad from their earliest availability.
That short term thinking will cost us for the rest of 2013.

Our current team isn't relegation folder.
Our current squad is plenty good enough to make a noise in this division.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We will just be marking time until we get Ulloa, Bridcutt and Orlandi back. You cannot rip the best players out of a team at this level and expect progress IMO.

If Oscar's philosophy is fast intricate football, you need the players to do it and you certainly need to be able to stick the ball in the net, which we patently cannot do. If you don't score the confidence goes.

I half expected us to lose today.

Agree with this, the players were comfortable with the pace we played at last year, far less so this year because they're not good enough. This impacts on their self-confidence and on the performances of the team. We either get in better players or we slow it down again. All of which, as many others have said, counts for nothing if they can't get the ball on target let alone score a couple of goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here