Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were awful today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least Poyet had a plan A! The players new what was expected and played to the system.

This guy does not seem to have any plan.
Yes he has:-

'Do what you were doing, but do it quicker'.

Which unless the History Deniers are going to chip in, is exactly what most of us were crying out for.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Which unless the History Deniers are going to chip in, is exactly what most of us were crying out for.

Precisely. How people can make any sort of judgement of the side at this stage with the injuries we've had this season is beyond me.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Really? I don't remember the ' hoof it up to Barnes' plan last season, slowly or not.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Even with injuries we have big players playing shit. All is not well. I'm not doubting Oscar because BHA brought him in and he had little knowledge of the English game outside the prem. It's Burke that is heavily involved and Jones. I just don't think the head coach system works. The players look like they are getting mixed messages and they lack understanding of eachother. Last season even with players like Dicker, we were zipping the ball about beautifuly. Now no one seems to know what anyone else is doing, it's disjointed, panicked and players are just lumping it when they run out of ideas.

We need a structural change.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Looks like Burke and Barber are the managers, and Oscar just puts the cones out during the week and then picks a side.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Rubbish. We 'zipped the ball about beautifully' only in patches last season - the same as we have this year. The ploy this year is to get the ball forward quicker and then zip it around which would be more effective overall. But not easy when you're missing your two best strikers, the pivotal defensive midfielder, the best winger on current form and the most creative midfielder. In other words, the 4 best attacking players in the squad and the guy who had dictated the tempo for the last three years. Hysterical over-reactions as usual on NSC.

We need a structural change.[/QUOTE]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE.

Last season we didn't win a game from:-

22nd September to 6th of November.

Played 7
Won 0
Drew 3
Lost 4
Goals for 4 (inc 2 at Leeds)
Goals against 7.

We had a fuller squad then than we have now.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE.

Played 7
Won 0
Drew 3
Lost 4
Goals against 7.

Exactly - plus at other times we were pitiful at places like Sheff Weds, Bristol City and Barnsley plus threw away points at Wolves who were cannon fodder for most teams.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE.

Played 7
Won 0
Drew 3
Lost 4
Goals against 7.

Don't come on here with your common sense. Don't you know that getting a point away from home with half the team missing is the biggest disaster to befall the club EVER?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We have looked a poor side for quite a few weeks now and anyone who thinks different, needs to take the rose tinted spectacles off.

Which is odd as you practically creamed yourself when Poyet went. Wondered how long it would take you to turn. Not even three months looks like the answer..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We will just be marking time until we get Ulloa, Bridcutt and Orlandi back. You cannot rip the best players out of a team at this level and expect progress IMO.

If Oscar's philosophy is fast intricate football, you need the players to do it and you certainly need to be able to stick the ball in the net, which we patently cannot do. If you don't score the confidence goes.

I half expected us to lose today.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bridcutt and Ulloa yes but everyone is making out Orlandi was Christiano Ronaldo last season when he was hit and miss, at best.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Anyone who went to the game today had a great opportunity to take a slight detour off the M27, pop into the Saints Megastore and buy a Saints shirt. Support a decent south coast side for goodness sake.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just wait until the new striker arrives.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Orlandi is class at this level, and was consistently excellent. We miss him enormously.

One of our better players I agree. Bridcutt and Ulloa are massive losses. It could only get worse if PIG got injured as he has 5 clean sheets to his name already and has not been as good as last season, that is how good he is.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
One of our better players I agree. Bridcutt and Ulloa are massive losses. It could only get worse if PIG got injured as he has 5 clean sheets to his name already and has not been as good as last season, that is how good he is.

Yes, Koosh was excellent today, thank God.

On present form, we also missed Kaz today. He'd have torn them apart.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We were zipping the ball about beautifuly even in some of those matches we lost and drew this time last year. This year is different. We are clueless and dour. Last season we just had no plan B, pass pass pass and couldn't put the ball in the net. This year is just no plan at all, apart from hoof hoof hoof. I thought Orlandi was fairly poor last year and somehow he's our saviour this year?
After watching years and years of Dross in large patches at the Goldstone, Priestfield & Withdean, I know what shit football is. This year is shit football. Players arguing on the pitch in every game, big players like Buckley, David, Bruno, Calde, Crofts having shockers and looking at eachother like 'I thought your were there!' and 'I can't get to that over hit long ball!. Anyone that thinks the football we are playing is good needs their heads checked. I'm not that bothered about the results at the moment, I just don't want to watch dross again. I don't think it's intentionally dross, just that the players are following a bit of a clueless management team and it ends up utter crap. This won't get sorted by the return of Bridcutt, Ulloa CMS etc... We will be better with them but all the while the players don't have direction from the sidelines, we'll struggle.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

Really?

No discipline in shape
Speculative hero balls lumped all round the pitch
Poor set pieces
Lack of passion or belief

I'm sorry I don't see what you are seeing....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here