Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were arrogant, we were complacent

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No, no they won't.

Sake, don't be ridiculous. They absolutely OWN us at the moment. We have to suck it up and beat them next season - ideally doing the double over them.

This. The only thing that could dilute it slightly is if Watford humiliate them at Wembley, say 4-0. Then I think we'll all breathe a sigh of relief that it wasn't us, and the Palace result won't seem so bad after all. If they lose on pens or go down in a battling defeat, their season was a better season than ours, you can't argue with it.

This. The only thing that could dilute it slightly is if Watford humiliate them at Wembley, say 4-0. Then I think we'll all breathe a sigh of relief that it wasn't us, and the Palace result won't seem so bad after all. If they lose on pens or go down in a battling defeat, their season was a better season than ours, you can't argue with it.

NOTHING will dilute that memory for me, even if Zaha got sent off for diving after 5 minutes and they conceded 5 it would still be burnt into my sub-conscious.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I thought we were going to win at the Amex but almost had £5 on them at 4/1 as it was always going to be fairly close.

Before the match they were harder on Holloway than we were.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You mean no-one remembers us as losers of the 1991 play-off final after beating Millwall 6-2 over 2 legs? We lost our target man that summer and then got relegated the following season, so any bragging rights we had over Millwall were soon forgotten!

Spot on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Despite us finishing 4th and them finishing 5th? I can argue with it and I will.
Or more accurately; we finished 4th and play off losers. They finished 5th and play off WINNERS, and may yet end up promoted.

It really is that simple.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Disagree, and let's face it I'm probably more anti Palace than most on here.

The way I see it is, if they don't go up, they beat us in what was the most important game this club has had in 34 years (barring Hereford) they beat us at theirs and they beat us AGAIN at ours. Until such a time when we either stop them being promoted, relegate them or beat them in a Cup semi they have the rights.

We could beat them home and away for years and it still wouldn't expunge the memory of last Monday.

Edit: In my opinion and mine alone of course.

This chap is right, it will take something big from Brighton to own the bragging rights with Palace. We can lose on Monday, which is a strong possibility, and lose twice next season to Brighton and based on neither team going up or down, the fallout will be minimal compared to what happened last Monday. I think Brighton need to stop obsessing about us and just concentrate on what you've got going for you. The club is geared for the Premiership in many ways, and you will get there it's just a case of when...I believe your obsession with us is a noose round your necks and the rivalry and pressure isn't handled very well throughout the club.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Freak result? :facepalm:

Win or lose on Monday, the bragging rights are with us for a very, very longtime now. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. To think otherwise just shows you're in denial.

Brag away. I have discovered that an increasing number of Brighton supporters share my feelings - and that is indifference to all things Crystal Palace. Hate has no place in football.
I have no time, energy or inclination to feed my dislike of any other team. I spend my time supporting the Albion and I honestly believe that if we had focused on what we had to do (that is fans, team and management) rather than some apparent antipathy towards a club I never think about except (like with any other opposition) when we are due to play them.

Oh - and of course I am indifferent to the result of the Playoff Final.:bhasign:

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Brag away. I have discovered that an increasing number of Brighton supporters share my feelings - and that is indifference to all things Crystal Palace. Hate has no place in football.
I have no time, energy or inclination to feed my dislike of any other team. I spend my time supporting the Albion and I honestly believe that if we had focused on what we had to do (that is fans, team and management) rather than some apparent antipathy towards a club I never think about except (like with any other opposition) when we are due to play them.

Oh - and of course I am indifferent to the result of the Playoff Final.:bhasign:

.....Sorry must be too laid back. I didn't finish my comment...if we had focused on what we had to do...... then I honestly think we would have won. Too much focus on disliking Palace I fear!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
1. We stopped you going up. End of.
2. It happened in your own backyard, live on Sky including wild celebrations on your own turf at the end.
3. A lot of you had given it the biggun pre-match on how you were already at Wembley.
4. The fallout since looks to have cost you your manager, if you'd won I'm sure the garden would still be rosy.
5. Zaha got both goals despite constant threads about him being shit. Anyone think he's still a shit Bas Savage now?
6. We get a day out at Wembley, even if we lose it's still a great day out and memory. We should also make around a million from the final.

Points 1. 2. and 6. can't argue with

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Or more accurately; we finished 4th and play off semi losers. They finished 5th and play off semi WINNERS, and may yet end up promoted.

It really is that simple.
Absolutely (with a slight edit), can't understand people who seem to be saying that if Palace lose on Monday that it more or less makes our seasons equal (clue for some: we didn't beat Palace in a play-off semi-final on their own ground in probably the biggest fixture between the two clubs and didn't play in the resulting Wembly final.).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If Palace loose on Monday their grief will be so overwhelming that beating us in the semis will be no consolation whatsoever, and they will.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
If Palace loose on Monday their grief will be so overwhelming that beating us in the semis will be no consolation whatsoever, and they will.

Honestly it wont, beating you our rivals at your home has made our season.

My take on the prem is this...My Club would love the money...The fans would have a season of pain. The championship is a better league IMO. But if we go up all well and good, if we dont I hope for another great season next year in the Championship.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hate has no place in football.

Ha ha! I think you might be watching the wrong sport mate. There is more hate in football than any other sport. And rightly so.*

*by hate, I don't mean violence, I mean intense rivalry and high emotions in the grounds. It's this that gives football the unique atmosphere that it has.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does anyone really care about what others say about us? From what I read on Nsc and heard from others was that we were extremely nervous.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I thought we were going to win at the Amex but almost had £5 on them at 4/1 as it was always going to be fairly close.

Before the match they were harder on Holloway than we were.

They have changed their tune now, though, haven't they? He's a hero now. From chump to champ in ninety minutes...

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Ha ha! I think you might be watching the wrong sport mate. There is more hate in football than any other sport. And rightly so.*

*by hate, I don't mean violence, I mean intense rivalry and high emotions in the grounds. It's this that gives football the unique atmosphere that it has.

That may be what you understand by 'hate'; I don't define it that way.....
As far as I am concerned, some people (including the phantom pooer) had more hate for Palace than love for Brighton. Such people are really doing the opposition a favour. I understand and enjoy intense rivalry - but in my case it extends indiscriminately to all teams that Albion play against. I don't big any of them up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here