Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were arrogant, we were complacent

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
We win ...... We were confident and assured.

We lost ...... We were arrogant and complacent

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
1. We stopped you going up. End of. (We may not have beaten Watford anyway)
2. It happened in your own backyard, live on Sky including wild celebrations on your own turf at the end. (and??)
3. A lot of you had given it the biggun pre-match on how you were already at Wembley. (not all of us I might add, tight game's could have gone either way)
4. The fallout since looks to have cost you your manager, if you'd won I'm sure the garden would still be rosy (He was always going to leave anyway we move on)
5. Zaha got both goals despite constant threads about him being shit. Anyone think he's still a shit Bas Savage now? (Good player agreed, took goals well)
6. We get a day out at Wembley, even of you lose it's still a great day and memory. We should also make around a million from the final. (Yes great day out but losing then your season still ends with you below us and no further forward)

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
1. We stopped you going up. End of. (We may not have beaten Watford anyway)
2. It happened in your own backyard, live on Sky including wild celebrations on your own turf at the end. (and??)
3. A lot of you had given it the biggun pre-match on how you were already at Wembley. (not all of us I might add, tight game's could have gone either way)
4. The fallout since looks to have cost you your manager, if you'd won I'm sure the garden would still be rosy (He was always going to leave anyway we move on)
5. Zaha got both goals despite constant threads about him being shit. Anyone think he's still a shit Bas Savage now? (Good player agreed, took goals well)
6. We get a day out at Wembley, even of you lose it's still a great day and memory. We should also make around a million from the final. (Yes great day out but losing then your season still ends with you below us and no further forward)

I think you're trying to convince yourself more than me...

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I think you're trying to convince yourself more than me...

Not at all Mr Zero, I thought I would have been a lot worse than I am but, from where we were 5 years ago to finishing 4th in the one of the hardest leagues in the world in front of 30K things are looking good.

Roll on next season with or without you guys.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Should Palace win Monday then bragging rights will be with them for however long they are a league above us. If Palace don't win on Monday then they have the bragging rights over us for the summer, but soon as the season starts it's back to being even again.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Should Palace win Monday then bragging rights will be with them for however long they are a league above us. If Palace don't win on Monday then they have the bragging rights over us for the summer, but soon as the season starts it's back to being even again.

Disagree. If Palace lose on Monday, so what? We played 46 games over a whole season, as they did, and we finished above them. In the process we each beat one another at home. Bragging rights over all to us.
If they win on Monday, fair play to them. It would mean they beat the 3rd and 4th places in their last two matches of the season to gain promotion.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Freak result? :facepalm:

Win or lose on Monday, the bragging rights are with us for a very, very longtime now. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. To think otherwise just shows you're in denial.

Don't be ridiculous, people only ever remember the winners of the play-offs. You only get bragging rights if you win on Monday as far as I'm concerned, otherwise history will consign you to being the fifth placed side in this season's Championship table.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Question for you 5 Zero, are you happy with the thread I linked, whereby many Palace fans are doing what they claimed us stupid in doing?
Where our fans after the game at yours, did rather take beating you at the Amex and going to Wembley, a near forgone conclusion and your fans hammered us for doing so.
Do you not find talking about how much you will spend on players, (even Parish has joined in this) which players they want to buy and a couple of posters even stating which teams you will beat in the Premiership, before you get past Watford.
Don't you find this thread has the potential for the same egg on face, that many of our posters were guilty of.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I will obviously be delighted if they lose on Monday, however, it won't be all bad news - It will make MOTD finally worth watching, just to see them get royally humiliated every week.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Don't be ridiculous, people only ever remember the winners of the play-offs. You only get bragging rights if you win on Monday as far as I'm concerned, otherwise history will consign you to being the fifth placed side in this season's Championship table.

You mean no-one remembers us as losers of the 1991 play-off final after beating Millwall 6-2 over 2 legs? We lost our target man that summer and then got relegated the following season, so any bragging rights we had over Millwall were soon forgotten!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I will obviously be delighted if they lose on Monday, however, it won't be all bad news - It will make MOTD finally worth watching, just to see them get royally humiliated every week.

That is the one plus, but that is even watered down by the near £120 mill they will receive for doing so.
They could then get their stadium, which in my view is the only way they will fund it and be financially sound for a number of years.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Of course if Palace lose to Watford, history will show that Brighton finished above them in the league for two seasons on the trot.
Who knows what will happen if we play them next year but I suspect it won't be too long before we can gloat over another derby day win for the Albion!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Palace fans will have egg on their faces if they lose on Monday and bragging rights start all over again for next season. As far as I'm concerned Palace fans have been arrogant for the last 40 years , nothings gonna change.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who knows what will happen if we play them next year but I suspect it won't be too long before we can gloat over another derby day win for the Albion!

home and away :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Palace fans will have egg on their faces if they lose on Monday and bragging rights start all over again for next season. As far as I'm concerned Palace fans have been arrogant for the last 40 years , nothings gonna change.
No, no they won't.

Sake, don't be ridiculous. They absolutely OWN us at the moment. We have to suck it up and beat them next season - ideally doing the double over them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We were better than them over 46 games, they were better than us for 46 minutes, but that's the way the play-offs work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here