Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We underestimated our caravan dwelling neighbours

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
All I'm going to say is, the games between us and you this season are going to be huge. I think we are all going to enjoy them. I genuinely think if you had kept Glenn and him and CMS where playing together you would be in the top 2.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Points gained this season:
Palace 19
Brighton 4

Hey, it's not true, but I'm going to say it anyway.

The attendance today was 20,863. Quite impressive imo. After seeing a game like they saw today, many of them will come back too!
Quite happy for you lot to be above us in the table, if thats what it takes to wake Gus up and realise that the responsibility of being our main striker is too much for a trainee that cost £40,000 from a 3rd division club

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Quite happy for you lot to be above us in the table, if thats what it takes to wake Gus up and realise that the responsibility of being our main striker is too much for a trainee that cost £40,000 from a 3rd division club

Are you talking about Barnes? Whenever I've seen him he has been great. Top player, very clinical.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
All I'm going to say is, the games between us and you this season are going to be huge. I think we are all going to enjoy them. I genuinely think if you had kept Glenn and him and CMS where playing together you would be in the top 2.

Can't disagree with that. CMS and Murray would be a great front pairing.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They are leaking goals like it's going out of fashion though

It will catch up with them sooner or later. They hit a purple patch last year and then dropped like a stone.

You can win games even when you're conceding goals.

When you're not scoring, the best you can get is a point.

As I said "in the long run" - everyone knows your attack will falter - Zaha & Murray both injury and strop prone - no back up.

Enjoy it while you can.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
As I said "in the long run" - everyone knows your attack will falter - Zaha & Murray both injury and strop prone - no back up.

Enjoy it while you can.

What a joke of a post. Zaha has never been injured at any point in his professional career, and yet you say he's injury prone?
As for backup, David Goodwillie is waiting on the bench for his first start in a Palace shirt but he can't get a look in because Murray is playing so well. Jon Williams is in a similar situation, and is a fantastic young player.
I could make the same post and say "everyone knows your defense will falter". It means nothing, because it's not true. We are good at scoring goals and look vulnerable at the back without McCarthy. You can't hit a barn door but run a very tight, organised unit.

Face it mate, you're out of ideas.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Enjoy it while you can.

Ignore the shit he spouts. The best teams are built around having the best defences. That's a fact.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You can win games even when you're conceding goals.

When you're not scoring, the best you can get is a point.

I'll take a tight defence every time,ask Bristol City's 2004 team

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Are you talking about Barnes? Whenever I've seen him he has been great. Top player, very clinical.

I am not knocking him but don`t think he`s up to the role yet, he is trying too hard and getting frustrated we need a striker proven at this level or above, Barnes is only 22 and came from the 3rd division

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Mind the gap... mind the gap

As you said about us, your good form will come to an end and this break comes at a great time for us. Your inability to not concede will be your downfall.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

This season is a mirror image of last - had all this crap last season from Palace about being a better side than us and look what happened - we p*ssed all over them and finished 10 points infront and had the luxury of taking our foot of the gas once play offs had gone.

The make up of both squads tells you who is superior - and we are likely to add to ours while potless will sell their better players. Once Palace reach 50 points they stop - it's in their DNA.

I guarantee everyone that come the Amex match in April we will be comfortably above them - does any Albion fan disagree?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Can't disagree with that. CMS and Murray would be a great front pairing.

Seriously, I'm not just saying this because he plays for Palace.

Murray IMO was poor pre season but he has really shown what he can do this season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This season is a mirror image of last - had all this crap last season from Palace about being a better side than us and look what happened - we p*ssed all over them and finished 10 points infront and had the luxury of taking our foot of the gas once play offs had gone.

The make up of both squads tells you who is superior - and we are likely to add to ours while potless will sell their better players. Once Palace reach 50 points they stop - it's in their DNA.

I guarantee everyone that come the Amex match in April we will be comfortably above them - does any Albion fan disagree?
I would put money on us finishing higher than that lot. You can also bet you won't see these posters for dust either. Just like at the beginning of this season.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
As you said about us, your good form will come to an end and this break comes at a great time for us. Your inability to not concede will be your downfall.

Ward - Gabbidon - McCarthy - Parr

That would be seen by many as our first choice back four. None of them started today. Ramage and Moxey both started, and neither of those are first-choice defenders in anyone's books.

Our defense should improve considerably when Paddy/Danny return from injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here