Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"we scored 3, they scored 1, brighton take it up the bum"

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm getting a bit pissed off with constantly being tarred with the brush of being a touchy Brighton fan....I think its quite a funny song and if people are nicked for singing it, then the world has gone crazy...As i've said before anyone who seriously gets offended by a little bit of banter must be very insecure and unsure of there real sexuality....Heaven forbid we ever reach the prem and visit the big boys up there. I find some of our fans over reaction to all this crap a bit embarrassing tbh and pretty pathetic..But then I'm not gay and even if I was,I think I would still find it funny.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm getting a bit pissed off with constantly being tarred with the brush of being a touchy Brighton fan....I think its quite a funny song and if people are nicked for singing it, then the world has gone crazy...As i've said before anyone who seriously gets offended by a little bit of banter must be very insecure and unsure of there real sexuality....Heaven forbid we ever reach the prem and visit the big boys up there. I find some of our fans over reaction to all this crap a bit embarrassing tbh and pretty pathetic..But then I'm not gay and even if I was,I think I would still find it funny.

Kev.

This is the very thin end of the Wedge. Is saying to a Son " does your Dad suck your cock " acceptable to you ? This is the real face of the homophobia and hatred fans have to endure outside grounds or out of earshot of the Law. Either it is banned in all its forms or it is not. What's it to be ? You can't say " that homophobic chant is acceptable but this one is not ".

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kev.

This is the very thin end of the Wedge. Is saying to a Son " does your Dad suck you cock " acceptable to you ? This is the real face of the homophobia and hatred fans have to endure outside grounds or out of earshot of the Law. Either it is banned in all its forms or it is not. What's it to be ? You can't say " that homophobic chant is acceptable but this one is not.

I think you are right

but it is very funny

Being jewish by birth (but not by practice) I was brought up to appreciate self-depecration as a high art form but rightly the joke has to be from within a community rather than from without in order to be acceptable.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Crystal Palace FC are desperate for new fans , witness their efforts this season to entice people into Selhurst, yet a vast majority of their own fans revel in singing homophobic chants - I wouldn't want go to Selhurst Park as a Palace fan if I was in the minority they choose to target. Infact I wouldn't want to go on any account while these morons are still tolerate there.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Kev.

This is the very thin end of the Wedge. Is saying to a Son " does your Dad suck your cock " acceptable to you ? This is the real face of the homophobia and hatred fans have to endure outside grounds or out of earshot of the Law. Either it is banned in all its forms or it is not. What's it to be ? You can't say " that homophobic chant is acceptable but this one is not ".

I see what you saying. I recently took my seven year old daughter to the home game against Hull. Having previously taken her to the Sunderland game, which she enjoyed I thought id take her again. Some of the blokes who sat behind us were so pissed, due to it being a 5.15 kick off that one of them fell on us. Then proceeded to swear there way through the game(and i mean the c word among all the others)...Due to being with my daughter, whom I could see was quite scared by this, I did not say anything as they were so pissed it would have only made matters worse and I didn't want her anymore disturbed than she already was. Needless to say I left early and now she does not want to go again. I blame myself for not taking her into the family stand but we had a spare ticket next to us and she wanted to come....My point is that that sort of behaviour has always gone on at football and if your going to take a child you must half expect it. I would not dream of taking a child to Selhurst for what is sure to be a lively night and anyone that does must expect this...That's not saying its right, its not, its just the way it is and the way it will always be....I think that by drawing attension to homophobic issues will just fire the flames for rival fans and far from it getting better, will have the reverse effect.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I see what you saying. I recently took my seven year old daughter to the home game against Hull. Having previously taken her to the Sunderland game, which she enjoyed I thought id take her again. Some of the blokes who sat behind us were so pissed, due to it being a 5.15 kick off that one of them fell on us. Then proceeded to swear there way through the game(and i mean the c word among all the others)...Due to being with my daughter, whom I could see was quite scared by this, I did not say anything as they were so pissed it would have only made matters worse and I didn't want her anymore disturbed than she already was. Needless to say I left early and now she does not want to go again. I blame myself for not taking her into the family stand but we had a spare ticket next to us and she wanted to come....My point is that that sort of behaviour has always gone on at football and if your going to take a child you must half expect it. I would not dream of taking a child to Selhurst for what is sure to be a lively night and anyone that does must expect this...That's not saying its right, its not, its just the way it is and the way it will always be....I think that by drawing attension to homophobic issues will just fire the flames for rival fans and far from it getting better, will have the reverse effect.

Your experience was general swearing not homophobia and intolerance, quite different.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Also have you noticed the complete lack of homophobic chanting at the Amex in the last 3 months since a stand was made ? Just because it has always been, does not mean it will always be, slavery was a way of life and acceptable behaviour once as was throwing banana's on the pitch to Black players.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Your experience was general swearing not homophobia and intolerance, quite different.

There would not have been an experience if people who are clearly to pissed to even stand up were not allowed in the ground and frighten kids,,,don't get me wrong, I like a pint or six but when you cant even walk!!!!....There is a law about entering a ground pissed up but who enforces it in the ground, where they can down what they like upto an hour and half before kick off??

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Question for you Murray With The Third, if any of your players 'came out' and were abused by the opposition fans for being gay how would you feel about it?

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Hopefully they stamp out the pikey chants from you in a similar way. I frequently cry because I'm not a pikey, and don't like being stereotyped as one. Did you know, statistically, most Palace fans actually AREN'T pikeys?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here