Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going down aren't we?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Wigan are that bad, they have a lot of good players and have been a bit unlucky in the games I've seen this season. I think they - like a few other teams that were below and around us but changed their manager - will pick up.

I'm beginning to think if we don't finish top of a mini-league of four comprising us, Blackpool, Millwall and Rotherham, we've had it.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
To answer the question, I'm really not sure.

I was at the game today, and IMO there was no lack of effort from the team, and team selection was better with Gardner on the bench.

The game changed with the sending off, but Wolves were a poor team.

Can we finish above three of Blackpool, Wigan, Leeds, Rotherham, Millwall and wolves? (Yes I think they'll be down there too)

Yes, I think we can, but we need to start winning home games. Starting on Boxing Day.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
No question we are going down.

Too dogmatic. The amazing thing is that after winning one game since August we are ONLY four points adrift. Something has to change: manager, new players, existing players finding form, luck or, most likely a combination thereof. But it doesn't take much; I was mildly encouraged at Molineux that the players seemed less lacking in confidence; we were really good for 20 minutes or so. The problem is lack of quality, particularly in midfield.

I'd say 2:1 on going down but there is a chance of staying up.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Too dogmatic. The amazing thing is that after winning one game since August we are ONLY four points adrift. Something has to change: manager, new players, existing players finding form, luck or, most likely a combination thereof. But it doesn't take much; I was mildly encouraged at Molineux that the players seemed less lacking in confidence; we were really good for 20 minutes or so. The problem is lack of quality, particularly in midfield.

I'd say 2:1 on going down but there is a chance of staying up.

And the chance is getting smaller every week unfortunately.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
As things stand, yep we're down. 3 wins from the 1st half of the season is shocking. Just shocking.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Barber has wrecked the club just like Poyet said he would, as soon as you go cost cutting with the first team manager then your heading for a disaster. Once in League one Barber will move on and wreck another club of some sort TB will be left to pick up the pieces and us fans will be going to Crewe. What a royal f@ck up.

Lord shanto

Dec 20, 2014
Agree whole heartedly.

I remember telling friends to be careful what they wished for when they were moaning about poyet and the possession football we played without winning games. Too many draws? I would have him back tomorrow.

Need a miracle now to avoid relegation.

=The Fifth Column;6718021]So waking up on Xmas day to the fact we have won just 3 league games all season, and the club hierarchy seemingly paralysed and blind to the crisis we find ourselves in I can't see any other outcome if the status quo remains.

It would take a complete turnaround of unprecedented proportions to see us pull ourselves out of and away from the bottom 3 now, the manager will need to undergo a form of personality and skills transplant, we will need to sign at least 5-6 quality experienced players and the team will need to discover some strength and backbone from somewhere!

Being in the bottom 3 at Xmas generally is a good indicator that you will be there or thereabouts come April. This club needs to wake the f#ck up and realise the disaster unfolding before our eyes.[/QUOTE]

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
To answer the question, I'm really not sure.

I was at the game today, and IMO there was no lack of effort from the team, and team selection was better with Gardner on the bench.

The game changed with the sending off, but Wolves were a poor team.

Can we finish above three of Blackpool, Wigan, Leeds, Rotherham, Millwall and wolves? (Yes I think they'll be down there too)

Yes, I think we can, but we need to start winning home games. Starting on Boxing Day.

Problem is we have played most of the teams in the bottom half already at home (and lost to many of them) so the home games are going to get much harder :ohmy:. Frankly we need a miracle to stay up!!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Unless the board are prepared to junk the obsession with FFP and bring in some real quality in the transfer window (and that means that if a Grabban style signing is available going all out to get the player) and consider bringing in an experienced assistant for Hyypia (his problems at Bayer Leverkusen started when Sasha Lewandowski changed roles, didn't they?), it looks very much like we will. I made the point on the Hyypia out thread that I thought Oscar would have struggled with this side. I know he had a lot of injuries, but he did have a pretty solid back four, with Upson particularly impressive, a leader in midfield (Crofts replaced with Stephens when he got injured), and a lynchpin forward (while Ulloa was out Barnes covered very adequately for him). Dunk has looked far less solid since Greer got injured, we have no leadership whatever in midfield, and we have two sub 6 foot forwards, with the only threat coming from a loan player who will probably go back to Villa once his loan period is finished.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Watching since 74, uninterrupted STH since 89. Seen the best and the worst, and this setup has relegation written all over it I'm afraid.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not many teams that are in the relegation zone at Christmas spend big in January.

Hence nothing changes for them.

Bloom could spend big in January, and put staying up as a higher priority than FFP.

It is up to him.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm struggling to see how we can turn this around. We're not picking up wins even when we deserve it, too many draws and obviously 3 wins in 22 is pathetic. I'm not sure even 3-4 good signings in Jan will save us, but hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
I'm struggling to see how we can turn this around. We're not picking up wins even when we deserve it, too many draws and obviously 3 wins in 22 is pathetic. I'm not sure even 3-4 good signings in Jan will save us, but hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Carry on in the same vein as today and we'll be fine

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Would love to be proved wrong but can't work up much optimism for the club picking up three or four quality signings in January that will save our season.

We all know what the Jan transfer window is like. Nobody's out of contract. The good players stay at their clubs. Average players go for inflated fees. Who's going to leap at the chance to join a club in the bottom reaches of the Championship?

I genuinely think the problem isn't with the squad, but with the manager. I'm pretty sure there will have to be a parting of the ways for the good of all concerned. The transfer window is a red herring on this occasion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here