Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going down aren't we?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Same number of games we'd won by Christmas Day in 2002/03 and we know how that ended. We also managed to win on Boxing Day that season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I do think that things are starting to get worrying. We can all be a bit smug about how this squad is good enough to get us out of this, but by now we should be seeing signs that we can win football matches, which patently we cannot at the moment.

I sincerely hope we can get out of this as we are really not set up for 3rd division football and after the euphoria of the last couple of years where we missed out on premiership football by a whisker, it would be a hammer blow to the club...especially as we are losing money hand over fist.

it will be interesting how many bums on seats there are on Boxing Day

D

Deleted member 22389

I do think that things are starting to get worrying. We can all be a bit smug about how this squad is good enough to get us out of this, but by now we should be seeing signs that we can win football matches, which patently we cannot at the moment.

I sincerely hope we can get out of this as we are really not set up for 3rd division football and after the euphoria of the last couple of years where we missed out on premiership football by a whisker, it would be a hammer blow to the club...especially as we are losing money hand over fist.

I wasn't going on Boxing Day anyway, but I reckon about 18k
If we where in Bournemouths position we would be sold out, that is what the club is missing.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Probably would've won today if Bruno hadn't lost his mind ?

Possibly but it isnt even about scraping the odd result here and there now in my opinion. We are deep in crisis and yet the soundbites coming from the club would have you believe there is nothing wrong, I mean Stockdale comes out and states we are not in a relegation fight FFS! Mate we are but more to the point YOU are and the sooner you and the other players realise that then the penny might finally fricking drop!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly but it isnt even about scraping the odd result here and there now in my opinion. We are deep in crisis and yet the soundbites coming from the club would have you believe there is nothing wrong, I mean Stockdale comes out and states we are not in a relegation fight FFS! Mate we are but more to the point YOU are and the sooner you and the other players realise that then the penny might finally fricking drop!!

Fair point well made

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Unless we can bring in an astute tactitian...and find a way of actually linking midfield with attack then absolutely we are going down. We also need to learn how to bring back the winning mentality we had under Oscar. Yes the football was dull at times, but at least we knew how to grind out a result...we look clueless once we go in front!

We have a league 1 squad at best we all know that so does Tony that is why our trainee manager is still employed, Bournmouth put 6 past pool today how many will our strikers put past them next month. Not content with bargain basement players the Board think they can penny pinch when employing the most important employee on the books, you could not make it up.:albion2:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think unless we make significant changes to both management and the playing staff then yes we will go down. Bent will probably go back in January and unless we spend big money it's hard to see how any better players are going to turn things around on their own. For better or worse Bloom seems to intend to stick with Hyypia and at this point even reasonable Championship standard players are not going to make enough of a difference IMO.

Unless we sign a Ulloa standard striker from somewhere, a quality and physically intimidating DM player or two, full backs who can defend and some pace then I can't see us getting out of it without a new Manager who can improve what we already have and get us playing with a workable structure.

I am genuinely surprised that TB thinks after half a season that Hyypia is still up to the task...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We are fighting but when players give their all and you still fall short you get the feeling the writing is on the wall. For me we have never looked in control of a single game this season and leaking goals at one end and not troubling the keeper enough at the other is a recipe for disaster. We have lost momentum and there is a real air of complacency about the club at the moment. I really hope we turn this around as we are struggling to compete financially off the back of 2 strong seasons and relegation could set us back years from where this club need to be.

I wasn't going on Boxing Day anyway, but I reckon about 18k
If we where in Bournemouths position we would be sold out, that is what the club is missing.

100% right thats the most alarming thing the money the club are losing this season is staggering considering how much we are losing with even 26-27000 averages last couple of seasons and the footfall on the concourses!!!

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods

This. I've pretty much been saying this all season. A complete catastrophe of the highest order in footballing terms across every area of the club.

I can't believe how tolerant the fans have been. It's as if the club has been purposefully sabotaged through everything that has happened and the inaction and denial of the board.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
So waking up on Xmas day to the fact we have won just 3 league games all season, and the club hierarchy seemingly paralysed and blind to the crisis we find ourselves in I can't see any other outcome if the status quo remains.

It would take a complete turnaround of unprecedented proportions to see us pull ourselves out of and away from the bottom 3 now, the manager will need to undergo a form of personality and skills transplant, we will need to sign at least 5-6 quality experienced players and the team will need to discover some strength and backbone from somewhere!

Being in the bottom 3 at Xmas generally is a good indicator that you will be there or thereabouts come April. This club needs to wake the f#ck up and realise the disaster unfolding before our eyes.
Spot on - the complacency and arrogance at the club is astonishing - some of the shit that has been trotted out by Bloom, Burke, Sami and the players beggers belief, make no mistake about it the season tkt sales for next season irrespective of what league we are in are going to fall off a cliff and yet the club are in complete denial. A major reorganisation is needed, as the club has lost the majority of fans this season - worrying times ahead

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
The Boxing Day game against Reading is probably our 4th or 5th six pointer game of the season so far.
This is really a must win game, it is going to take some turn around of form to avoid the drop.
To think that 7 months ago we made the play-offs seems miles away.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not looking good when Darren Bent and Elliot Bennett end their loan spells and the possibility of Halford and Gardner recalled too. Tony Bloom is only wasting his money bringing in new players that Sami will turn to sh*t within a fortnight.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You are so right. Who else is leaving their seat empty on Boxing Day, staying at home with the family and sod the club.

I can't be bothered. Do something Bloom. 41 years following this club and never before felt so apathetic.
Spot on - the complacency and arrogance at the club is astonishing - some of the shit that has been trotted out by Bloom, Burke, Sami and the players beggers belief, make no mistake about it the season tkt sales for next season irrespective of what league we are in are going to fall off a cliff and yet the club are in complete denial. A major reorganisation is needed, as the club has lost the majority of fans this season - worrying times ahead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here