Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going down aren't we?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Now hang on a minute. You must be new to NSC. Rules are that you must engage in endless pessimism, the odd conspiracy theory, much carping and a heap of whinging. So your balanced optimism really is not called for.

Sorry WCP but I can only write what I genuinely believe. I'm looking forward to the end of the season when us "lickers" will have a slightly smug smile on our faces. As an aside, I'm disappointed with people who suggest that the decision to renew their ST has already been made for them. Many of us have been watching the Albion for long enough to realise that "glitches" are all part an parcel of the rollercoaster ride.Man up and get behind the team and trust in Tony, he is NO FOOL.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
xmas 2013 Top 3 Burnley (P), Leicester (P), QPR (P). Bottom 3 Weds, Yeovil (R), Barnsley (R)

xmas 2012 Top 3 Cardiff (P), Hull (P), Palace (P). Bottom 3 Barnsley, Bristol C (R). Peterborough (R)

xmas 2011 Top 3 So'ton (P), WHU (P), M'brough. Bottom 3 Forest, Donny (R), Coventry(R)

xmas 2010 Top 3 QPR (P), Leeds, Cardiff. Bottom 3 Palace, Scunthorpe (R), PNE (R).

xmas 2009 Top 3 Newcastle (P), WBA (P), Forest. Bottom 3 Weds (R), Posh (R), Plymouth (R)

Feb 14, 2010
Sorry WCP but I can only write what I genuinely believe. I'm looking forward to the end of the season when us "lickers" will have a slightly smug smile on our faces. As an aside, I'm disappointed with people who suggest that the decision to renew their ST has already been made for them. Many of us have been watching the Albion for long enough to realise that "glitches" are all part an parcel of the rollercoaster ride.Man up and get behind the team and trust in Tony, he is NO FOOL.

Well I just warn you that on NSC you will meet with constant knocking of the club, no matter how illogical. So all the pointing out that we have a support who turn out to the tune of 29,000 for a November relegation scrap against Fulham will, on nsc still not stop people calling the fans fickle. The fact that Bloom has spent £200 Million will also not stop people complaining about the chairman, and the fact that we are only half way through the season will not stop people being certain that we will be relegated. I'm really not sure that NSC is ready for an injection of balanced optimism, but good luck and enjoy!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
What I would like to ask is: Where all these players that every other club and ourselves are going to bring in the Jan window have been since the start of the season.
Obviously they haven't been good enough to get in their first teams - so have been bit part players or bench warmers.
Am I missing something :drink:
:moo:

Totally right, everyone seems to be ignoring this obvious fact. Which quality players are surplus to requirements at their existing clubs, and fancy a relegation struggle ? The only players of decent quality likely to move are those who have been tapped up a la Bridcutt, or out of contract in the summer, and offered an unattractive deal to stay, a la Barnes. With our record of transfer business over the past 12 montghs I have little confidence that the current recruitment team can be relied on to get us out of this mess, if Bloom wants to splash the cash

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Well I just warn you that on NSC you will meet with constant knocking of the club, no matter how illogical. So all the pointing out that we have a support who turn out to the tune of 29,000 for a November relegation scrap against Fulham will, on nsc still not stop people calling the fans fickle. The fact that Bloom has spent £200 Million will also not stop people complaining about the chairman, and the fact that we are only half way through the season will not stop people being certain that we will be relegated. I'm really not sure that NSC is ready for an injection of balanced optimism, but good luck and enjoy!
Thanks WCP, Merry Christmas.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

I suspect that many doubters are really hoping you are correct and that we can turn our situation around.

Looking at the bigger picture this is a minor (and hopefully temporary), albeit worrying wobble. The consequences are nowhere near as dire as at certain points in our history. However grubbing around in the relegation zone at this stage of the season clearly isn't part of the Bloom master plan. However I will always be 'team Albion' and will cheer them to the bitter end, but I'm certainly not in 'team Sami'.

Yesterday's team selection and performance was encouraging. That formation served us well earlier in the season so I am baffled why Sami didn't revert to it 10 games ago. Plus there were some niggling questions over Sami's decision making during the game. I guess there are just not enough positive indicators to assure me that Sami has the minerals to do the job, let alone get us up there fighting for the play offs with several other non-parachute payment / FFP compliant clubs.

Our current position is a serious reality check as to our ambitions and is becoming more serious as each game without a win passes.

I'm a natural optimist by nature. We have plenty of games to secure the points we need. Equally we have to look at the evidence - are we consistently making progress in the right direction? I think many of the doubters desperately want a little more evidence of consistent progress on the pitch plus some positive communication from the Club to assure us that we are taking decisive action to retrieve the situation. 3 points on Friday would be a huge boost - but also tell us what is going on - and it could generate more of a 'backs to the wall' spirit.

Feb 14, 2010
Thanks WCP, Merry Christmas.

A very Merry Christmas to you too. I envisage your Christmas is a very happy affair akin to the couple who in A Christmas Carol always had a great party and invited Mr Scrooge to come.. Your Mr Scrooge is NSC.. do you have room if the ghosts of Christmas Past/Present and Future visit us all? Also when / if we stay up then make sure you bounce this thread as another rule of NSC is always to bounce a thread when you are proved right !

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
xmas 2013 Top 3 Burnley (P), Leicester (P), QPR (P). Bottom 3 Weds, Yeovil (R), Barnsley (R)

xmas 2012 Top 3 Cardiff (P), Hull (P), Palace (P). Bottom 3 Barnsley, Bristol C (R). Peterborough (R)

xmas 2011 Top 3 So'ton (P), WHU (P), M'brough. Bottom 3 Forest, Donny (R), Coventry(R)

xmas 2010 Top 3 QPR (P), Leeds, Cardiff. Bottom 3 Palace, Scunthorpe (R), PNE (R).

xmas 2009 Top 3 Newcastle (P), WBA (P), Forest. Bottom 3 Weds (R), Posh (R), Plymouth (R)

So, 11 of the 15 teams in the bottom 3 at Xmas have been relegated in the last 5 seasons....

Or, the team in our position at Xmas has stayed up in the last 4 seasons?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
It's unbelievable the amount of supporters still in denial, I wonder when they will finally wake up ? Probably when Fleetwood run out at the AMEX next August
Astonishing and even a couple of months ago there were some on here suggesting we could still make the playoffs!!!!!!- laughable

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
It's unbelievable the amount of supporters still in denial, I wonder when they will finally wake up ? Probably when Fleetwood run out at the AMEX next August
Astonishing but there were some on here even suggesting we could make the playoffs 6 weeks ago!!!!!!, despite an appalling squad and clueless manager!

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
So, 11 of the 15 teams in the bottom 3 at Xmas have been relegated in the last 5 seasons....

Or, the team in our position at Xmas has stayed up in the last 4 seasons?

Amazing synchronisity eh? 11/15 up and 11/15 down. ~70% chance of promotion or relegation if you're in the right slot come Christmas.

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
Yes- as of today theres nothing to think we are not going down
However, if we could go straight to the top of League One and stay there all season- that would boost crowds and rebuild

Thing is, will it be with Hyppia or not?
Looking at him on TV, he looks a lost man, and that was the same with Mark Mcghee when he was sacked (By Dick)

Answer- serious injection of funds, Hyppias contract terminated, and if it means a new Chairman......

Didn't someone say something about football not being life and death, no, its more important than that.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
On current form and performance, we are dead in the water, AND there is no guarantee we would get promoted back quickly.

So what then happens to Bloom's spend if we languish half-way down League One - how does he finance the club then.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods

Don't get me wrong, I'd love us to avoid the drop. But even if we do, don't you think it is still wholly unacceptable based on the potential we had and the opportunity being lost? How many will not renew and consider on a match by match basis? What will that do to revenue? How will that translate to playing budget?

As has been mentioned earlier, we've had approx top 10 attendances in the country. But the loyalty of the fans hasn't been matched by the ambition of the club in the past 12 months when it comes to transfers in or out.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
As I was having a piss at the Amex this afternoon at the Xmas party and noticed an advert above me for the half season ticket.
As I looked at the list of Home games that this covered it suddenly dawned on me that 8 of the teams we still have to face are in the current top 10.
So we have achieved 3 wins this season by playing the bottom half of teams in the championship.
Whether we stay up will be based on our away form and not the home form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here