Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are allowed to lose some games you know

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
You're a clueless buffoon if you think a 'goal-scoring' striker is the only thing wrong with this team at the moment.

Rant Over.

So what about the numerous chances we create in a lot of games we draw which are fluffed by CMS, Barnes et al? If those were put away by a goal scorer and we were in the play off positions, would we still have these 'other' problems you allude to but don't actually go into any detail on.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I suggest you tell Tony Bloom that. I think he is probably the most deluded of us all judging by his investment in the Club.

For my part, I just want to be entertained, and if that is in the Championship next year, I will still be happy. The current offering is without doubt the least entertaining team and style of play I have ever seen from an Albion team. If our players had half the passion of Charlie, Kerry, Nobby, Jimmy Case, or a host of others, I would not be so pissed-off as I am now. Gary Hart may not have the skill of any of this lot (except DibDab obviously), but he had more passion and balls than the whole lot put together.

Mike Bailey's team?? You remember the one that reached 5th in the top flight and finished 13th or so? If you think the fare provided yesterday was the poorest seen then you are clearly a very new jcl or are just interested in success at all costs

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Mike Bailey's team?? You remember the one that reached 5th in the top flight and finished 13th or so? If you think the fare provided yesterday was the poorest seen then you are clearly a very new jcl or are just interested in success at all costs

Mike Bailey was sacked despite leading the team to 13th in the top flight because the football was ultra negative and boring despite being a winner

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Mike Bailey was sacked despite leading the team to 13th in the top flight because the football was ultra negative and boring despite being a winner

Indeed, it was awful and made us the butt of tabloid jokes all season. The point i was making was that the dramatically depressed poster saying he didn't mind staying in the championship, just wanted entertainment and stating it was the worst entertainment from any albion side (whilst mentioning players pre Mike Bailey era) was talking shite.

There seem to be a large number of such posters on here at present. I've realised for some time that the majority of football fans are arseholes but Brighton perhaps has more than other clubs judging by the response to last nights performance.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I remember that team VERY well, having seen most games home and away that season. That was in the top flight, and he lost his job as a result of fans not being happy with negative football - time for Poyet to go the same way, and he is not even managing in the top flight.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Indeed, it was awful and made us the butt of tabloid jokes all season. The point i was making was that the dramatically depressed poster saying he didn't mind staying in the championship, just wanted entertainment and stating it was the worst entertainment from any albion side (whilst mentioning players pre Mike Bailey era) was talking shite.

There seem to be a large number of such posters on here at present. I've realised for some time that the majority of football fans are arseholes but Brighton perhaps has more than other clubs judging by the response to last nights performance.

Gobshite!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I remember that team VERY well, having seen most games home and away that season. That was in the top flight, and he lost his job as a result of fans not being happy with negative football - time for Poyet to go the same way, and he is not even managing in the top flight.

At least Baileys side was a winner despite being ultra negative, 1-0 away wins at Spurs, Liverpool etc but Poyets side is just boring dross at the moment and far away from being a winner

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Those who are still looking for promotion must be supporters who have come on board since our new stadium was completed,years ago we did get into the then Div 1,for about three months we lapped it up until we realised that the top sides murdered the also rans,game after game it was back to the wall, everyone in defence kicking the ball up the terraces, as a result attendances dropped and following relegation things got very difficult for the club,there are a number of clubs who gained Premiership status,built new stadiums and are now in financial trouble,we dont want to join them.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Very true. I fully agree with you and think calls for Poyet to go are crazy BUT January is important as the weaknesses have been there to see all season and must be addressed.

Correct

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
It's teams like Watford coming down and outplaying at us at our supposed passing game

That's true.

For a while we could say we were making chances, and CMS just kept mucking up; or

Teams come here, park the bus, and try a grab a point or three on the counter, against the run of relentless Albion pressure.

That is all but a memory now, as several teams are outplaying us. That is decline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here