Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are allowed to lose some games you know

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Yes, I know you'd prefer to win but do people not remember just 2 games ago where we dominated the game against Forest (admittedly didn't score). We are not a "rubbish" team, we have a great set of players (who have shown that) and with a goal scoring striker, we should start winning games. One game does not make or break a season and I just think some fans need a reality check. Not a reality check about where we've come from, etc, etc, but a reality check on the fact that we JUST LOST A GAME OF FOOTBALL, it happens to teams every now and again and some people need to accept the fact we're not an unbeatable force.

Rant over.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Very true. I fully agree with you and think calls for Poyet to go are crazy BUT January is important as the weaknesses have been there to see all season and must be addressed.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
No problem losing if the team put in a shift like at the Burnley game last season at the Amex.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's all the games which we should won but didn't which makes the loss harder to take.
I really couldn't give a f*** about the usual bunch of moaning cnuts pissing their knickers on here.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Is that the game we were lucky to draw when Forest hit the bar and missed several chances and outplayed us in the second half ?

*dominated the first half then. The point still stands.

Edit: the point being, if we had a goal scoring striker we would have easily won the game along with a lot of others. Ie, Hoskins missing the bicycle kick, etc.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Losing isn't the problem. Every team loses. It's the way we lost which was frustrating. Poyet was never going to change our set up or approach to the game regardless that was the problem. When I got home last night I was livid and posted some knee-jerk reactions but bloom certainly needs to tell Poyet he is not unsackable and things need to improve on that display. If that makes me a moaning **** I do apologise.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
And if Billy Sharp had taken his chances we would have been buried

In a game where we had 85% possession (correct me of it wasn't this game, but we did in A game, or half a game at least) and the chances we created, a striker of our own would have won us the game before Sharp had those chances.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
In a game where we had 85% possession (correct me of it wasn't this game, but we did in A game) and the chances we created, a striker of our own would have won us the game before Sharp had those chances.

Nearly correct.
Another striker playing alongside CMS could have won us the game.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Nearly correct.
Another striker playing alongside CMS could have won us the game.

Well, whichever way you look at it, the people who are so doom and gloom have no reason to be that way. Unless we don't get a striker in January, but after what I heard yesterday this is unlikely to be the case.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yes, I know you'd prefer to win but do people not remember just 2 games ago where we dominated the game against Forest (admittedly didn't score). We are not a "rubbish" team, we have a great set of players (who have shown that) and with a goal scoring striker, we should start winning games. One game does not make or break a season and I just think some fans need a reality check. Not a reality check about where we've come from, etc, etc, but a reality check on the fact that we JUST LOST A GAME OF FOOTBALL, it happens to teams every now and again and some people need to accept the fact we're not an unbeatable force.

Rant over.

I don't mind losing a game here and there if we are winning games too.

So what if we dominated Forest? We didn't win. Getting very tired of all this "Reality Check" twaddle. The "Reality Check" is that we have won 3 in 16 games. Carry that form across 46 games, and you're staring relegation in the face.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
I don't mind losing a game here and there if we are winning games too.

So what if we dominated Forest? We didn't win. Getting very tired of all this "Reality Check" twaddle. The "Reality Check" is that we have won 3 in 16 games. Carry that form across 46 games, and you're staring relegation in the face.

That's what I mean though! We are not losing many games and the majority of games we drew would have been won of we had "this" striker and it sounds like its happening. It's the fact people are blaming so many different things despite it being just one (some smaller issues of course) that we ARE sorting out in January.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
That's what I mean though! We are not losing many games and the majority of games we drew would have been won of we had "this" striker and it sounds like its happening. It's the fact people are blaming so many different things despite it being just one (some smaller issues of course) that we ARE sorting out in January.

We were told we would be getting this striker in during the Summer.

I'm not holding my breath and am fully expecting this striker to come in at a cost (Bridcutt or Buckley).

Dec 29, 2011
Why do people have such low ambition? We have won one game in eleven, an absolutely shocking record by any teams standards, let-alone a team with the largest attendance in the Championship and one with the most experienced, talented squads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here