Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are allowed to lose some games you know

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Yes, we did lose yesterday, but what it showed was the same defects in the side that eyeryone has seen since we moved into the Amex. This is a team which is supposed to have better players than last season but are still making the same errors and are still so slow changing from defence to attack. You could go on and on about nearly every home game being the same in the way of Poyet's tactics but as the team selection is never the same, it's got to come back to the way he's telling the players to play and it's not working.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
No problem losing if the team put in a shift like at the Burnley game last season at the Amex.

Was the best game I've been to at the Amex. Ground was right behind the players to try and get them back in it.

Whole ground singing the great escape. Was magic.

On the subject of another striker, what if we get one and then he gets injured for a few weeks? It's not a solution bringing in one player. I think we need at least 2 goal scorers.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If you set up like cnuts at home expect to be beaten.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What's wrong with moaning? Pay for ST for train and when things do not go right I moan. I pay For Internet and if has problems I moan. I pay for goods and if they are faulty I moan. Do you get the picture, people pay money to watch football win lose or draw, and by doing so can have opinions good or bad. The question on here!
is the glass half full or half empty and oh while I am at it I am fed up with the weather, and can we blame Gus for that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If you set up like cnuts at home expect to be beaten.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes, I know you'd prefer to win but do people not remember just 2 games ago where we dominated the game against Forest (admittedly didn't score). We are not a "rubbish" team, we have a great set of players (who have shown that) and with a goal scoring striker, we should start winning games. One game does not make or break a season and I just think some fans need a reality check. Not a reality check about where we've come from, etc, etc, but a reality check on the fact that we JUST LOST A GAME OF FOOTBALL, it happens to teams every now and again and some people need to accept the fact we're not an unbeatable force.

Rant over.

You're a clueless buffoon if you think a 'goal-scoring' striker is the only thing wrong with this team at the moment.

Rant Over.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yes, I know you'd prefer to win but do people not remember just 2 games ago where we dominated the game against Forest (admittedly didn't score). We are not a "rubbish" team, we have a great set of players (who have shown that) and with a goal scoring striker, we should start winning games. One game does not make or break a season and I just think some fans need a reality check. Not a reality check about where we've come from, etc, etc, but a reality check on the fact that we JUST LOST A GAME OF FOOTBALL, it happens to teams every now and again and some people need to accept the fact we're not an unbeatable force.

Rant over.

Oh how clever you are! THE POINT IS HOW WE PLAY THESE DAYS - no penetration, no pace, no goals, NO PASSION!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Lot of our fans are either arrogant or seriously deluded if they expect us to be storming the league. We're Brighton ffs, not Man United. Top ten in the Championship is good going.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Football is pricey these days some will support through thick and thin others will demand to be entertained for their money. It's just different opinions/expectations isn't it

Dec 29, 2011
Lot of our fans are either arrogant or seriously deluded if they expect us to be storming the league. We're Brighton ffs, not Man United. Top ten in the Championship is good going.

Ok. We will all be happy with top ten in the Championship for the rest of our lives. We won't have any ambitions and the 25,000 odd people that watch every week aren't allowed to show discontent at a poor display despite the fact they pay Premier League prices for a ticket. Sounds like a plan.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I suggest you tell Tony Bloom that. I think he is probably the most deluded of us all judging by his investment in the Club.

For my part, I just want to be entertained, and if that is in the Championship next year, I will still be happy. The current offering is without doubt the least entertaining team and style of play I have ever seen from an Albion team. If our players had half the passion of Charlie, Kerry, Nobby, Jimmy Case, or a host of others, I would not be so pissed-off as I am now. Gary Hart may not have the skill of any of this lot (except DibDab obviously), but he had more passion and balls than the whole lot put together.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Ok. We will all be happy with top ten in the Championship for the rest of our lives. We won't have any ambitions and the 25,000 odd people that watch every week aren't allowed to show discontent at a poor display despite the fact they pay Premier League prices for a ticket. Sounds like a plan.
Who said owt about the rest of your life? Patience my friend. We've been back in this division 5 minutes. From small acorns and all that. Could be worse, could be fighting relegation eh?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

Some fans seem contempt staying in the championship and that's fine, but i'm sure that Mr Bloom who has spent around 150 million will not be getting much return on his investment staying in this league,and then there are the players who are on top of there game will they be willing to stay around if they see no improvements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here