Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
chez said:
No, the other reason was that people who know a lot less about the ins & outs of the game got on his back and moaned like f*** about him. Dick Knight being the coward he is, caved in and sacked him.

I don't think there is anything cowardly about sacking someone. Have you ever done it? It's not nice.

:down:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
chez said:
If Kuipers was kicked when he should have been we wouldnt now be having the Kuipers Krew slagging off Henderson at every given opportunity in an attempt to unsettle him and get their favourite back in the team. Maybe not him f***ing things up this time but his hoodwinked fans.
Your rabid hatred of Kuipers is skewing all reasoned debate out of you. Take a step back.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
chez said:
If Kuipers was kicked when he should have been we wouldnt now be having the Kuipers Krew slagging off Henderson at every given opportunity in an attempt to unsettle him and get their favourite back in the team. Maybe not him f***ing things up this time but his hoodwinked fans.

Tough, he's a professional, he should be rising above it. He's an international goalkeeper FFS, prove people wrong...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
chez said:
No, the other reason was that people who know a lot less about the ins & outs of the game got on his back and moaned like f*** about him. Dick Knight being the coward he is, caved in and sacked him.

And some shite and lacklustre results from last year. And his continually strained relationship with players. And Dk being under pressure from board members.

Do you really think DK is a coward? If so he would have surely sacked him in the summer.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
chez said:

So you do not like Kuipers, your choice. However he was the better keeper in pre-season and it was a tad harsh that he was overlooked. Henderson started the season well enough, was shakey against Crewe, went on international duty, Kuipers did well at Bristol, change of manager, who decided that Kuipers had the shirt and should keep it for the moment. Rather than fighting for the shirt Henderson has decided to throw his toys out of the pram and that is not a professional thing to do.

So nothing to do with the fans, as far as I can see.

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
Southover Street Seagull said:
Just to stir things up on this thread a little more.
Did anyone on here think that Kuipers was partly at fault for Bournemouth's second goal last night?
Could Henderson have done any better?

I was in the North Stand and had a direct line of vision behind the guy who headed it

Kuipers view was totally blocked by oither players - he would only have seen it when it would have been less than two yards from his goal - and it went right into the corner.

In my opinion it was an excellently taken goal that would not have been stopped by many keepers, if any.

It was the defence who allowed the free header that were at fault

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
chez said:
If Kuipers was kicked when he should have been

What you mean when the club stuck by him when he was just coming back from a serious injury?

we wouldnt now be having the Kuipers Krew slagging off Henderson at every given opportunity in an attempt to unsettle him and get their favourite back in the team

But you are always going to get that at a football club. Someone like Henderson ( an International keeper) should rise above such things and get on with winning his place back. You would, I would...why not him

. Maybe not him f***ing things up this time but his hoodwinked fans.

Who has hoodwinked fans? What do you mean by that? has Kuipers hoodwinked fans? How?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
chez said:

Keep looking, you'll find the plot again eventually. It'll just turn up when you least expect it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Rougvie said:
We are so so insular, we think we are the only club that the management HATE agents.

Some clubs actually black list certain agents, one of the most nasty and despised was one of Mr McGhee's favourites down the years.
I believe Luton refuse to pay agents at all.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the Realist said:
I was in the North Stand and had a direct line of vision behind the guy who headed it

Kuipers view was totally blocked by oither players - he would only have seen it when it would have been less than two yards from his goal - and it went right into the corner.

In my opinion it was an excellently taken goal that would not have been stopped by many keepers, if any.

It was the defence who allowed the free header that were at fault

I agree, however if Hendo was in goal you can be sure he would be abused for not coming off his line.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
chez said:

Dick Knight has never shirked tough decisions has he ?

You may not like the timing or the method - but it was the right decision.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Buck said:
So you do not like Kuipers, your choice. However he was the better keeper in pre-season and it was a tad harsh that he was overlooked. Henderson started the season well enough, was shakey against Crewe, went on international duty, Kuipers did well at Bristol, change of manager, who decided that Kuipers had the shirt and should keep it for the moment. Rather than fighting for the shirt Henderson has decided to throw his toys out of the pram and that is not a professional thing to do.

So nothing to do with the fans, as far as I can see.
As good a summing up as I've seen on this thread.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
chez said:

Are you o.k chez? You seem to be losing it a little.

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
keaton said:
I thought his transfer request was prompted by the constant criticism of him by Brighton fans who preferred Kuipers?
huess you can apply that to Kerry as well then - don;t think any other Brighton regular gets as much abuse???
(other than perhaps Charlie when he is playing)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the Realist said:
huess you can apply that to Kerry as well then - don;t think any other Brighton regular gets as much abuse???
(other than perhaps Charlie when he is playing)

Do people sing about Sam Rents when Kerry plays?

Dick Knights Mum said:
To be fair - it was a good ball in. A friend who was directly in line described it as undefendable. I am not sure about that - but it was good enough to create enough doubt. It was Fletcher standing in an offside position that seemed to fluster the defence.

Fletcher pulled that trick on twice last night. It was an inspired substitution by Bouurnemouth bringing Fletcher on.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Dies Irae said:

In reply to the questions.

If Kuipers was kicked when he should have been

Kuipers should have been sacked after he refused to apologise to his teamates - nobody should be sacked for getting injured (not even Paul Kitson)

But you are always going to get that at a football club. Someone like Henderson ( an International keeper) should rise above such things and get on with winning his place back. You would, I would...why not him

Personally no I would f*** off if I got the abuse he gets (justified or not)

. Maybe not him f***ing things up this time but his hoodwinked fans.

Hoodwinked is probably not the right word but Kuipers has these fans that only remember the MA era when he was part of a very succesful team. They seem to want him to continue in goal no matter how much better the keeper in competition with him is.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
keaton said:
I thought his transfer request was prompted by the constant criticism of him by Brighton fans who preferred Kuipers?

How bad is the criticsim he gets? Whilst not pleasant or needed I can't imagine it's so bad that it'd drive a player out of the club. Plenty of players get abuse and I'm sure plenty get a hell of a lot more than Henderson has had.

Kinky Gerbils said:
I agree, however if Hendo was in goal you can be sure he would be abused for not coming off his line.

Kinky that is exactly why I asked the question about the second goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here