Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kinky got it in one the other day - They both have their faults

Neither of them should be promised the 'shirt' and Hendo should hang in there!!

If we do sell him, then I will not be too upset, as long as we have a watertight sell on clause! Martin and Sullivan both look good.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Fragmented Badger said:
But I honestly fail to see ANY evidence that that is the case. He is nothing special, or am I totally missing something?

No disrespect mate but yeah you must be missing something. I watch the keepers more than any other position during a match probably because that is the position I have played for the last 16 years. The only skill that Kuipers has above Henderson is his "Headline Making" saves. As far as commanding the area, communicating with defenders, positioning, gathering crosses, distribution etc. are concerned Henderson is superior to Kuipers.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fragmented Badger said:
But that is precisely where I would disagree with you. Take tonight as an example, I heard Michel shouting at the defence and organising more in the first 15 minutes than Henderson has all season. His communication is second to none, and Henderson by comparison is very quiet. I guess gathering crosses is not Michel's strong point, and is the only time I feel uncertain when he is in goal. Overall though, Kuipers is by far the best keeper this club has had for years and years, and he isn't finished yet.

So good he almost got tackled when arseing about with Lynch?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Course, and if it was Henderson in goal it would have been Hendo.

Kuipers spilt a shot i the first have and i was lucky a Brighton defender reacted first

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Fragmented Badger said:
Kuipers made hardly any mistakes tonight, and anything that could possibly be criticised did not lead to a goal, or even a chance. Now, let's think about that Crewe game 2 weeks ago and our supposedly better goalkeeper......
Are you in love with Kuipers? ???

Fragmented Badger said:
But that is precisely where I would disagree with you. Take tonight as an example, I heard Michel shouting at the defence and organising more in the first 15 minutes than Henderson has all season. His communication is second to none

To have written that on the same night when Kuipers and Lynch stood looking at each other saying "after you" while the B'muff striker almost nipped in and robbed the ball, is a bit rich.

Earlier though, Lynch at least was first on the spot when Kuipers spilled an easy shot. Good job it wasn't a Crewe striker, eh?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Kinky Gerbils said:
Course, and if it was Henderson in goal it would have been Hendo.

Kuipers spilt a shot i the first have and i was lucky a Brighton defender reacted first

No, Kuipers spilt a shot but recovered to dive on the ball

Fragmented Badger said:
Lynch's fault, that one.

Don't agree, keeper should always takes command of the situation if in doubt.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Fragmented Badger said:
But that is precisely where I would disagree with you. Take tonight as an example, I heard Michel shouting at the defence and organising more in the first 15 minutes than Henderson has all season. His communication is second to none, and Henderson by comparison is very quiet. I guess gathering crosses is not Michel's strong point, and is the only time I feel uncertain when he is in goal. Overall though, Kuipers is by far the best keeper this club has had for years and years, and he isn't finished yet.

How can he be the best keeper we've had in years. Lets forget about Henderson for a minute then, but what about Roberts & Blayney, both who are superior to Kuipers. Dont get me wrong, Kuipers isn't crap, just not as good as people seem to think. He reminds me greatly of Nicky Rust - makes a couple of show stopping saves but not a lot else.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
chez said:
No disrespect mate but yeah you must be missing something. I watch the keepers more than any other position during a match probably because that is the position I have played for the last 16 years. The only skill that Kuipers has above Henderson is his "Headline Making" saves. As far as commanding the area, communicating with defenders, positioning, gathering crosses, distribution etc. are concerned Henderson is superior to Kuipers.
I couldn't have put that any better myself. Except its been my position for very slightly different time. I'd have Henderson over Kuipers on talent alone. I wouldn't even have Kuipers at the club for the stunt he pulled last year. THe bloke to me is a twat, and the fact some people see him as a legend fucks me right off.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
To have written that on the same night when Kuipers and Lynch stood looking at each other saying "after you" while the B'muff striker almost nipped in and robbed the ball, is a bit rich.

Earlier though, Lynch at least was first on the spot when Kuipers spilled an easy shot. Good job it wasn't a Crewe striker, eh?
You and your favourites... :lolol:

Anyway, to save me scrawling through all this i take it you are just as pissed off with Henderson for wanting out as you were with Kuipers last season?...

Yoda

English & European
Mr Burns said:
I wouldn't even have Kuipers at the club for the stunt he pulled last year. THe bloke to me is a twat, and the fact some people see him as a legend fucks me right off.

HE did not refuse to play for the club. McGhee made that decision. :angry:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Trigger said:
You and your favourites... :lolol:

Anyway, to save me scrawling through all this i take it you are just as pissed off with Henderson for wanting out as you were with Kuipers last season?...
Totally different. You cannot compare the reasons why they want out.

To repeat myself

there is one huge difference. Henderson lost his place through not fault of his own, by being called up for international duty. Therefore he is entitled to feel, if he stays, wins his place back, become Albions number one, goes on international duty again, he'll come back as number 2 at the Albion.
I feel he has no option but to take the action he has.
Kuipers got the sulks because he was dropped, and refused to play. As I said before I wouldn't have the twat anywhere near the club. He refused to play for us at a time, that if he had, he probably would have won his place back(at the end of last year).

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yoda said:
HE did not refuse to play for the club. McGhee made that decision. :angry:
Off course he did. That bad Mark McGhee. Kuipers refused to train under McGhee which is why McGhee wouldn't have him in the squad, and quite right too.

Do you think Kuipers apologised and made up with McGhee pre seaon because McGhee refused to play him????

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here