Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Palace

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It will though as be all for nothing . Stats will merely say we finished above you .

Stats or no stats, I think we all know who's come out on top.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Personally I am not massively fussed if we win the final or not against Watford, the money the club will make fro it aside we will be well out of our depth. Of course it would be great to win as that is why we go an watch each week but hand on heart whatever happens next Monday will represent an amazing season going well beyond any CPFC fans expectations. I remember picking up the betting slip for the Championship in Aug and we were 80/1 outsiders of the 24 teams so what we have achieved is massive the bookies very rarely get it wrong. To be fair Watford must have been 50/1+ too so hats off.

Last Monday was our final the result at Wembley is irrelevant. No doubt you will be cheering for Watford but just remember....

Even a 5-0 defeat at Wembley will not erase what happened last week, the manner in which it happened and then the fall out since. I guess it's called pay back.

Would you mind explaining the pay back for what exactly?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Personally I am not massively fussed if we win the final or not against Watford, the money the club will make fro it aside we will be well out of our depth. Of course it would be great to win as that is why we go an watch each week but hand on heart whatever happens next Monday will represent an amazing season going well beyond any CPFC fans expectations. I remember picking up the betting slip for the Championship in Aug and we were 80/1 outsiders of the 24 teams so what we have achieved is massive the bookies very rarely get it wrong. To be fair Watford must have been 50/1+ too so hats off.

Last Monday was our final the result at Wembley is irrelevant. No doubt you will be cheering for Watford but just remember....

Even a 5-0 defeat at Wembley will not erase what happened last week, the manner in which it happened and then the fall out since. I guess it's called pay back.

In my opinion defeat for palace will massively reduce the significance of the result on Monday for us - in fact it will just be seen as part of the bigger issues which the club are now, I hope, resolving.

Victory for palace would not be pleasant, however, as it would set us up for years of gloating from up the road.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
His crimes as you put it, was to sell our ground before the fans knew anything about it, to pay our debts and some say line his own pockets, from which we are only just recovering.
We did not steal money from any business, bank or the HMRC like yourselves. We paid the price for paying our debts, whereas in my view your scummy club didn't and please explain how your club after being taken to court, suffered from the theft of other peoples cash?

The other thing that gets me about your scummy club, is that you keep going on about how FFP will find a lot of clubs out and how many will suffer and pat yourselves on your backs for your current set of figures. Well I hope you realise that FFP had to be brought in because of cheating clubs like Palace.

Bitter bitter man aren't you? We smashed you on Monday, get over it.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Bitter bitter man aren't you? We smashed you on Monday, get over it.

Not bitter about the result, Just bitter about your club, I am not a lover of anyone or any organization who steal. And to have done it twice in a decade I think your punishment did not suit the crime. I notice no argument from you about FFP rules being set up to stop cheats like you then?

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Not bitter about the result, Just bitter about your club, I am not a lover of anyone or any organization who steal. And to have done it twice in a decade I think your punishment did not suit the crime. I notice no argument from you about FFP rules being set up to stop cheats like you then?

Mwwahhh!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Not at all, the truth as you like to believe it, is very different to the actual truth...but hey ho you carry on believing whatever you want.. all that matters right now is Brighton 0-2 Palace

OK here's your chance to convince me why Crystal Palace are any different from Stockport County, Maidstone, Plymouth Argyle, Leeds United and Portsmouth, to name a few.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wow Just Wow. Now let me get this right. It is better for football that a club, that has twice in just over a decade, used without their permission other peoples money to pay for them stay in leagues they cannot afford to be in. They are viewed in your eyes, a better club than one who has played within the rules, albeit a rule that nobody agrees should be allowed, but the fact is they did comply, than one who stole other peoples money. Wow!!

The thing is that, whilst we find both abhorrent, both clubs have just used the current rules to their advantage. Also, both have been, at least in part, responsible for changes in the rules to stop others following their lead.

A bit like the FA Cup final this year, it's one of those games that I don't want either side to win.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Not sure I feel comfortable with Udinese's B team in the Premier League. Against my better judgement (and I know it won't be a popular opinion), I think it might be better for football if Palace were to go up.

This. But hopefully Watford go up and karma bites them in arse.

Don't think the prem ever needs cow sheds and pikey caravans in it.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Surprise surprise, Palaces administrations gets mentioned.
Can't we move on and try not to keep mentioning our two previous owners misdemeanors every time we get the upper hand ?
It's been done to death on here.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Surprise surprise, Palaces administrations gets mentioned.
Can't we move on and try not to keep mentioning our two previous owners misdemeanors every time we get the upper hand ?
It's been done to death on here.

You would like everyone to forget it wouldn't you and I could have forgotten it by now, if your club had suffered as Luton, Stockport, Bournemouth had done.
A punishment is something that is supposed to deter you from doing it again, well after 2000 it didn't deter your club and I suggest the punishment you received in 2010 was not enough to stop you again in the future. Luton, Stockport and Portsmouth are now seriously paying the price, Leeds and Bournemouth did and have rebuilt from their penalties.
Clubs like Maidstone and Chester will not. What punishment did Palace suffer that really hurt them?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
You would like everyone to forget it wouldn't you and I could have forgotten it by now, if your club had suffered as Luton, Stockport, Bournemouth had done.
A punishment is something that is supposed to deter you from doing it again, well after 2000 it didn't deter your club and I suggest the punishment you received in 2010 was not enough to stop you again in the future. Luton, Stockport and Portsmouth are now seriously paying the price, Leeds and Bournemouth did and have rebuilt from their penalties.
Clubs like Maidstone and Chester will not. What punishment did Palace suffer that really hurt them?

In 2000, it was a minor miracle we stayed up. Everyone bangs on about our academy these days, back then we had a group of journeyman coupled with youngsters from the academy who just a couple of seasons later were playing non-league football, the squad was completely decimated. Of course you could argue a 10 point penalty would have sent us down (like most teams) but the Football League would look very different now if that ruling had been in place.

Canny be bothered to explain our 2010 situation, everyone on here knows the story. I still feel aggrieved that Agilo went to such lengths to try and recover their money but we received the same punishment which has destroyed other teams, but we came through on the final day in a game I'll never forget.

I don't blame you for feeling aggrieved by our current success, but at least our owners are trying to do things in the right way, which can't be said for 90% of the division!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
,QUOTE=churley1;5718885]In 2000, it was a minor miracle we stayed up. Everyone bangs on about our academy these days, back then we had a group of journeyman coupled with youngsters from the academy who just a couple of seasons later were playing non-league football, the squad was completely decimated. Of course you could argue a 10 point penalty would have sent us down (like most teams) but the Football League would look very different now if that ruling had been in place.

Canny be bothered to explain our 2010 situation, everyone on here knows the story. I still feel aggrieved that Agilo went to such lengths to try and recover their money but we received the same punishment which has destroyed other teams, but we came through on the final day in a game I'll never forget.

I don't blame you for feeling aggrieved by our current success, but at least our owners are trying to do things in the right way, which can't be said for 90% of the division![/QUOTE]

Yes what a bloody cheek Agilo had in expecting the payments agreed should have been paid on time. Just childish on their part wasn't it?
Oh as for aggrieved at your success finishing 5th, I'm not, it is good.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
,QUOTE=churley1;5718885]In 2000, it was a minor miracle we stayed up. Everyone bangs on about our academy these days, back then we had a group of journeyman coupled with youngsters from the academy who just a couple of seasons later were playing non-league football, the squad was completely decimated. Of course you could argue a 10 point penalty would have sent us down (like most teams) but the Football League would look very different now if that ruling had been in place.

I don't blame you for feeling aggrieved by our current success, but at least our owners are trying to do things in the right way, which can't be said for 90% of the division!

Yes what a bloody cheek Agilo had in expecting the payments agreed should have been paid on time. Just childish on their part wasn't it?
Oh as for aggrieved at your success finishing 5th, I'm not, it is good.[/QUOTE]

There was no such agreement to pay them at that specific point in time, they simply believed they wouldn't receive their money back in due course. Whether that would be the case, is hard to say 3 years down the line. I'm not sure why you're so sympathetic of Agilo, they are a crude company who aren't too dissimilar to your pool bar loan shark, but that makes Jordan's involvement with them even worse.

The reason people associated with CPFC are/were disappointed with their actions is because their tactics to get their money back quicker and easier upset a lot of people and made absolutely no difference to their repayments in the long run.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
There was no such agreement to pay them at that specific point in time, they simply believed they wouldn't receive their money back in due course. Whether that would be the case, is hard to say 3 years down the line. I'm not sure why you're so sympathetic of Agilo, they are a crude company who aren't too dissimilar to your pool bar loan shark, but that makes Jordan's involvement with them even worse.

The reason people associated with CPFC are/were disappointed with their actions is because their tactics to get their money back quicker and easier upset a lot of people and made absolutely no difference to their repayments in the long run.

Oh OK. The fact they put you into administration because you were facing a Winding Up Order for close on £3 mill by the HRMC the following Wednesday.
The fact that Jordan had sold Fonte to Southampton without passing on any of the fee to Agilo.
The fact that Jordan had borrowed the money from Agilo using players contracts as security against the loan.
All this had nothing to do with the decision by Agilo to put you into admin, because they no longer trusted your club.
Is it not true that Agilo in a further effort to keep you afloat, so they got the money back, lent the Administrator further money to help the club survive until the end of the season, in a hope he could find a buyer? There are those who now say, if Agilo hadn't put you into admin you would be gone now. What part did I get wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here