Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Palace

gaz63

May 3, 2013
Watford haven't really got a transfer embargo have they? Their transfers just have to be sanctioned by the FA before they are completed. I'm sure watford will do ok in the premier league. The pozzo family must have extensive contacts and scouting ability they'll sort out a few decent transfers should Watford go up.

Personally notwithstanding the rivalry I'd prefer Watford to go up as they play more exciting and attractive football, Zola's also a good lad. People resent them for the loans but they've provided a good reason for the loans and they are still playing some of the local talent that had been nurtured for example Briggs. It's not as if we can make that claim.

I hope you lot never have the misfortune of signing Briggs. If it wasn't for divine intervention, his lazy efforts to mark Knockaert would have cost us a place in the final. The worst left back we've had in a long time, and we've had some truly rubbish left backs

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I didn't have the confidence in us going into Monday night and I think Palace are going to beat Watford. Just goes to show you don't need to spend the earth to get to the prem if either get through, but you need tough mental and physical players to get you there and the right strategy!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally notwithstanding the rivalry I'd prefer Watford to go up as they play more exciting and attractive football, Zola's also a good lad. People resent them for the loans but they've provided a good reason for the loans and they are still playing some of the local talent that had been nurtured for example Briggs. It's not as if we can make that claim.

Err... Briggs is there on loan, too.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whatever happens they will get millions for making the final which I am sure will soften the blow

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Wow Just Wow. Now let me get this right. It is better for football that a club, that has twice in just over a decade, used without their permission other peoples money to pay for them stay in leagues they cannot afford to be in. They are viewed in your eyes, a better club than one who has played within the rules, albeit a rule that nobody agrees should be allowed, but the fact is they did comply, than one who stole other peoples money. Wow!!

For how many years after his departure should Archer's crimes be held against BHAFC?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Palace were stronger and quicker than us, their "tactics" we're to close us down all over the park and to move Zaha over to play vs Calderon and to ensure Caldy got yellow carded ASAP. They succeeded aided and abetted by us because we looked lethargic and off the pace. If they play like that v Watford I regret to say they'll have a good chance.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If Watford win then palace's victory at the Amex on Monday will basically mean nothing and my faith in football will be restored.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Wow Just Wow. Now let me get this right. It is better for football that a club, that has twice in just over a decade, used without their permission other peoples money to pay for them stay in leagues they cannot afford to be in. They are viewed in your eyes, a better club than one who has played within the rules, albeit a rule that nobody agrees should be allowed, but the fact is they did comply, than one who stole other peoples money. Wow!!

I see what you are getting at, and agree. But Palace don't currently have and sanctions against them. Watford have a transfer embargo that, as I understand, will have to be broken in order for them to field a squad of players at the start of next season. Hence my logic.

If the Watford transfer embargo is rubbish (I did get the information from NSC), I will happily reverse my judgement.

May 12, 2013
Hello

The embargo essentially means our transfers will be scrutinised more thoroughly than others.

A lot of managers especially Gollum are upset and worried about our model as it means they won't get a cut of transfer fees. (Charlie Adam to Liverpool)

Only Boro have played more academy graduates this season.

As for me I don't care.

What I have learnt this season is that in terms of technical ability, intelligence, lifestyle and administration, English football is light years behind.

And don't worry Deeney and Vydra will murder Palace.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Hello

The embargo essentially means our transfers will be scrutinised more thoroughly than others.

A lot of managers especially Gollum are upset and worried about our model as it means they won't get a cut of transfer fees. (Charlie Adam to Liverpool)

Only Boro have played more academy graduates this season.

As for me I don't care.

What I have learnt this season is that in terms of technical ability, intelligence, lifestyle and administration, English football is light years behind.

And don't worry Deeney and Vydra will murder Palace.

Seems senstive

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
If Watford win then palace's victory at the Amex on Monday will basically mean nothing and my faith in football will be restored.

I'm sorry, but the victory in the Pay-Off Semi-Final at the Amex will never mean nothing!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Given the loanee situation with Watford and the fact that Palace will be losing their best player, either way it is hard to envisage the winner of the play-off final pulling up any trees in the Premier League next season, even allowing for some of the dross there is in the bottom half of the Premier League this season. If Palace go up, they might not be far off the ineptitude served up by Derby County, circa 2007/08.

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
Personally I am not massively fussed if we win the final or not against Watford, the money the club will make fro it aside we will be well out of our depth. Of course it would be great to win as that is why we go an watch each week but hand on heart whatever happens next Monday will represent an amazing season going well beyond any CPFC fans expectations. I remember picking up the betting slip for the Championship in Aug and we were 80/1 outsiders of the 24 teams so what we have achieved is massive the bookies very rarely get it wrong. To be fair Watford must have been 50/1+ too so hats off.

Last Monday was our final the result at Wembley is irrelevant. No doubt you will be cheering for Watford but just remember....

Even a 5-0 defeat at Wembley will not erase what happened last week, the manner in which it happened and then the fall out since. I guess it's called pay back.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure I feel comfortable with Udinese's B team in the Premier League. Against my better judgement (and I know it won't be a popular opinion), I think it might be better for football if Palace were to go up.

I can see where you're coming from, but no. Watford's 'crime' (if indeed it is a crime) is more procedural than ethical. Palace on the other hand shouldn't even be in Championship. Their Brighton derby fixture this year should have been with Whitehawk.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Watford have some class players, the two strikers are the best pairing in the league.
They have some very skillfull players, and their play is very pleasing on the eye. But I've got a feeling Holloway will do the business, he nullified your threat on Monday, and we do have players who can hurt the opposition.
I don't particularly want to get promoted and get walloped every week, but the money involved would help us re develope Selhurst or build a new stadium.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
For how many years after his departure should Archer's crimes be held against BHAFC?

His crimes as you put it, was to sell our ground before the fans knew anything about it, to pay our debts and some say line his own pockets, from which we are only just recovering.
We did not steal money from any business, bank or the HMRC like yourselves. We paid the price for paying our debts, whereas in my view your scummy club didn't and please explain how your club after being taken to court, suffered from the theft of other peoples cash?

The other thing that gets me about your scummy club, is that you keep going on about how FFP will find a lot of clubs out and how many will suffer and pat yourselves on your backs for your current set of figures. Well I hope you realise that FFP had to be brought in because of cheating clubs like Palace.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Personally I am not massively fussed if we win the final or not against Watford, the money the club will make fro it aside we will be well out of our depth. Of course it would be great to win as that is why we go an watch each week but hand on heart whatever happens next Monday will represent an amazing season going well beyond any CPFC fans expectations. I remember picking up the betting slip for the Championship in Aug and we were 80/1 outsiders of the 24 teams so what we have achieved is massive the bookies very rarely get it wrong. To be fair Watford must have been 50/1+ too so hats off.

Last Monday was our final the result at Wembley is irrelevant. No doubt you will be cheering for Watford but just remember....

Even a 5-0 defeat at Wembley will not erase what happened last week, the manner in which it happened and then the fall out since. I guess it's called pay back.

It will though as be all for nothing . Stats will merely say we finished above you .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here