Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching Fridays game on Sky at home with friends/family

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hiding behind the sofa in my upstairs "shed" with a bottle of vin rouge and the jitters. I might peek at the tv screen if I'm feeling brave. Luckily,the loo is the next room. Brown trouser time.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Remember the first series of The Naked Chef? The one where a young and fat-faced Jamie has his 'mates' over for a 'real lads night' and makes them all a massive curry. Then they drink bottles of beer and dance around to toploader when their long suffering WAGs return? Friday night round mine is going to be EXACTLY like that.

Except with less sliding down the bannister, no moped, cans instead of bottles, real friends attending in place of actors and much better food.

What? THEY WEREN'T HIS REAL MATES?

*illusionsshattered*

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
Watching it at home with my disgrace of a brother that for god knows what reason is a palace fan...Fridays gunna be interesting in our house

At home with son-in-law.

Eating these.

BG-dog.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What? THEY WEREN'T HIS REAL MATES?

*illusionsshattered*

Actually, been thinking about this on the bus to work. He made such a massive deal about how he was having his mates over ("The boys are here, you don't want anything fancy, you want stuff they can rip into with a couple of beers" etc) that I can't believe they were fakes. Plus you get to see a (young) Jools turn uup every now and again. And Jamie, as we now know, is nothing if not a man of integrity. So I reckon they were REAL. Maybe I'm naive.

I still refuse to play any Toploader on Friday night though.

EDIT - Wasn't one of them called Andy and was a Gas Fitter or something? He couldn't have been fake.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Actually, been thinking about this on the bus to work. He made such a massive deal about how he was having his mates over ("The boys are here, you don't want anything fancy, you want stuff they can rip into with a couple of beers" etc) that I can't believe they were fakes. Plus you get to see a (young) Jools turn uup every now and again. And Jamie, as we now know, is nothing if not a man of integrity. So I reckon they were REAL. Maybe I'm naive.

I still refuse to play any Toploader on Friday night though.

EDIT - Wasn't one of them called Andy and was a Gas Fitter or something? He couldn't have been fake.

That's what I was thinking. You surely wouldn't go into such detail as to start giving the 'mates' back stories.

Toploader once played the Brighton Centre and sold so few tickets they had to put cut the room in half with a big black cloth so they place didn't look so desperately empty.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
No Sky at home for me, so I'll be at a mate's gaff with a good few others...

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Straight to pub on way home from work, then home in front of the big plasma, full surround sound and HD, with a takeaway and the wife and kids all in full Brighton clobber shouting our heads off and the neighbours banging on the wall!:thumbsup:

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
...and me. Might pop into my kitchen at half time and stand in a makeshift queue for 15 mins and may miss a goal. Makes it a bit more real

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
...and me. Might pop into my kitchen at half time and stand in a makeshift queue for 15 mins and may miss a goal. Makes it a bit more real

Don,t forget to water down your pint & only make your pie luke warm & restrict access to your toilet & you will feel your at the Amex. I'm going around mates house & having a few beers, be glad when Monday comes.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
My best mate is getting married tomorrow. Hes a Millwall fan (I know... but we are still mates). ??? When the invitation came through the post, I immediately texted him to say that that day was the championship playoff day . He said not to worry as we wont be involved but that they will be in the FA Cup the next day.:lol:
Anyway, the reception will be held in a cricket club where I am a good friend of the steward so he will have the game on the telly in the public bar punk:
My mate has just informed me that his nephew will be there and he is a loud mouthed Palarse fan :albion2:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Alone :(

3.45 of the A M hunched over my computer.

Not that I'll give a flying f*** if we get some kind of result though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here