Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watch an expert explode the myths about Islam! - Essential viewing for many on here.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
He didn't say ISIS is representative of Islam, you argumentative fool. He said that your analogy didn't work. They're not comparable because of their respective spheres of influence and the trail of destruction. Please read the posts before replying.

My 'analogy' was to show how stupid, calling ISIS representative of Islam was. AS ridiculous as calling the Westboro feckwits representative of Christianity.
Neither are.

..or is on more represetnative because they are killing people?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My 'analogy' was to show how stupid, calling ISIS representative of Islam was. AS ridiculsous as calling the Westboro feckwits representative of Christianity.
Neither are.

Sigh....yes Dave but it still doesn't work as an analogy. The thrust of the rebuttal by the muslim cleric which this thread is all about is borne from the damage ISIS are doing to the name of Islam and the apparent fear it's causing with non-muslims globally. I don't think there's a muslim in the USA, let alone in Britain, France or wherever that sees the Westboro muppets and thinks 'Those Christians are all scary'. One is a highly effective terrorist organisation that poses a very real threat to world peace and the other is a rag-tag group of half a dozen wallies that are laughed at wherever they go. No serious Christian scholar has made a serious attempt to refute the Westboro nonsense because no-one fears Westboro and I think that everyone knows that they are fruitloops. Even Americans.

is on more represetnative because they are killing people?

Neither is representative. Neither Spanish nor I have claimed that. Honestly, we haven't. But you can't compare the two because...well, I think we'll going round in circles if you still don't follow why.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sigh....yes Dave but it still doesn't work as an analogy. The thrust of the rebuttal by the muslim cleric which this thread is all about is borne from the damage ISIS are doing to the name of Islam and the apparent fear it's causing with non-muslims globally. I don't think there's a muslim in the USA, let alone in Britain, France or wherever that sees the Westboro muppets and thinks 'Those Christians are all scary'. One is a highly effective terrorist organisation that poses a very real threat to world peace and the other is a rag-tag group of half a dozen wallies that are laughed at wherever they go. No serious Christian scholar has made a serious attempt to refute the Westboro nonsense because no-one fears Westboro and I think that everyone knows that they are fruitloops. Even Americans.

Neither is representative. Neither Spanish nor I have claimed that. Honestly, we haven't. But you can't compare the two because...well, I think we'll going round in circles if you still don't follow why.

The reason it was said, is its ridiculous to think of ISIS as representative of Islam, as its ridiculous to consider Westboro nitwits as representative of Christianity. That was the point.

The response of...'It is if the Westboro nutters were bombing Mecca and controlled large swathes of the southern us by force and terror' meaning they would be representative of mainstream Christianity, is rather stupid.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
IS will get destroyed at some point but there will be a few terrorist threats or incidents before they go, the yanks and the UK will milk it for all the money it's worth before moving onto another extremist group that springs up. I feel sorry for normal Muslims who are getting tarred over this. Although I consider Islam to be a ridiculous, fear mongering, retarded way to live your life as I do with all religion they have a right to peacefully practice whatever horseshit they like.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
oh.. I see. Didnt realise it was all that simple.
Got to wonder why one of Hamas's closest allies in the world (Hezbollah) after the latest bollocks in Gaza, are fighing ISIS then.
The point of Hamas is Palestine, and its occupation by the Jewish state, and I think you know that.

Nice try at changing the subject, avoiding the quote but I think you know that. Hamas is backed by Iran, an islamic revolutionary state, the first thinh they did was start killing Fatah supporters. Hezbollah is fighting them because IS attacked them from across the border. They are another organisation backed by Iran that think nazi salutes are cool

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Ŷ
The reason it was said, is its ridiculous to think of ISIS as representative of Islam, as its ridiculous to consider Westboro nitwits as representative of Christianity. That was the point.

The response of...'It is if the Westboro nutters were bombing Mecca and controlled large swathes of the southern us by force and terror' meaning they would be representative of mainstream Christianity, is rather stupid.

The point is Dave, you drew the comparison between a tiny risible sect, and a movement of tens of thousands who are torturing and oppressing their alleged co religionists, armed to the teeth. When inconsequential southern us churches have the ability to hold the western world literally and figuratively to ransom, then your analogy will hold. Until then it's nonsense.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So, you believe because ISIS has 30,000 jihadists killing people, that they represent the true face of Islam, as thats the point I was making. They are no more the true face of Islam, that the Westboro nutters.

Jan 30, 2008
So, you believe because ISIS has 30,000 jihadists killing people, that they represent the true face of Islam, as thats the point I was making. They are no more the true face of Islam, that the Westboro nutters.
Give it a rest you din, you're no more than an apologist:tosser:
regards
DR

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The bloke makes good points and makes them well.

What frustrates me about people is how they will see the vile rape culture of Pakistan and claim it is a Muslim problem rather than a national one.

Or they will see the inhumane actions of Islamists in warzones and assume that regular Muslims support them.

Or they will see a modestly dressed Muslim woman with a headscarf - and somehow think that it is oppressive towards women (as if dressing with a short skirt and cleavage showing is better) rather than a choice.

The list goes on - but there is so much narrowmindedness, xenophobia and ignorance towards Muslims around right now that it's all quite shameful.
You know what, I can go with what you say there........(wonders will never cease).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Nice try at changing the subject, avoiding the quote but I think you know that. Hamas is backed by Iran, an islamic revolutionary state, the first thinh they did was start killing Fatah supporters. Hezbollah is fighting them because IS attacked them from across the border. They are another organisation backed by Iran that think nazi salutes are cool

Put that together with the other 90%+ Muslim countries that are killing, like Yemen, Nigeria, Sudan, Somalia, and Afghanistan, Iraq etc where they have been killing each other for years.......and you could say, perhaps in a polite and non confrontational way......that they love a ruck.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Erm no, from watching it a week ago I would say it is selective propoganda. His claim that Hamas isn't a militant islamic group as Netentahoo claims does not stand up to close scrutiny.

Oh yes of course muslims are all different, what we should be looking at is the type we are letting in. If they were main Uzbekis there wouldn't be a problem, as pakistan is a country where they only recently and reluctatly made rape a crime that men commit you can expect cultural enrichment like Rotherham.

BTW I used to watch CNN but it has become superficial and purile in recent years. nice try at validating your prejudices though, must try harder.

So you disagree with a small part of his argument but agree with its main thrust?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Put that together with the other 90%+ Muslim countries that are killing, like Yemen, Nigeria, Sudan, Somalia, and Afghanistan, Iraq etc where they have been killing each other for years.......and you could say, perhaps in a polite and non confrontational way......that they love a ruck.

So you are suggesting that it is only Muslims that 'Love a ruck'?

I think if you look at the facts (especially historically) you could politely say that most humans from most religions and most countries 'love a ruck'

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Where did they get their ideologies from if it didn't start with mainstream Islam teachings?

Sorry but no matter how many times you post it, comparing ISIS' s attrocities with a handful of Bible Belt weirdos will always be ridiculous. To the best of my knowledge there have been no public beheadings in Westboro.

The sooner organised religion is banned, the better off we'll be.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Where did they get their ideologies from if it didn't start with mainstream Islam teachings?

Sorry but no matter how many times you post it, comparing ISIS' s attrocities with a handful of Bible Belt weirdos will always be ridiculous. To the best of my knowledge there have been no public beheadings in Westboro.

The sooner organised religion is banned, the better off we'll be.

Dave is making the point that a bunch of extremist lunatics should not be see as representative of everybody else who follows the same religion. - Not sure why people are deciding to miss this point.

Agree with your last point though

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

if there wasnt a substantial authority around, i wouldnt be at all surprised if there was beheadings or similiar in Westboro. thats a part of the world that only just stop lynchings the last few decades.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here