Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watch an expert explode the myths about Islam! - Essential viewing for many on here.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The older I get the more I find all religion baffling.
The Roman Catholic religion I find very strange.
Anglicans arguing about letting in women priests.
Muslims not seeming to know exactly what the Koran says even though they are constantly reading it or listening to readings every friday down the mosque.
Holy wars?
Buddhism seems pretty cool though, I went to Sri Lanka once and thought they were ok.
My wife's family are Hindus, they are not so bad either. The missus is agnostic though.
Did you know that Brighton has more Atheists per head of population than any other place in the UK.
I quite like religion in that it gives you something to believe in, someone to talk to when you are in trouble or lonely or sad or that a loved one is in a better place free of pain.
But I wish that they would leave it at that and not create so much trouble and problems around the world in the name of a god.
Very simplistic and naive I know but just the way I have always felt about religion.
I dont dislike any of them I just dont get it.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Most of the people being killed by this cult, and fighting this cult are Muslims, so to suggest that isis is how Islam really is, is a bit ridiculous.
Its like saying the mad Westboro cretins are mainstream Christianity.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Erm no, from watching it a week ago I would say it is selective propoganda. His claim that Hamas isn't a militant islamic group as Netentahoo claims does not stand up to close scrutiny.

Oh yes of course muslims are all different, what we should be looking at is the type we are letting in. If they were main Uzbekis there wouldn't be a problem, as pakistan is a country where they only recently and reluctatly made rape a crime that men commit you can expect cultural enrichment like Rotherham.

BTW I used to watch CNN but it has become superficial and purile in recent years. nice try at validating your prejudices though, must try harder.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Erm no, from watching it a week ago I would say it is selective propoganda. His claim that Hamas isn't a militant islamic group as Netentahoo claims does not stand up to close scrutiny.

Oh yes of course muslims are all different, what we should be looking at is the type we are letting in. If they were main Uzbekis there wouldn't be a problem, as pakistan is a country where they only recently and reluctatly made rape a crime that men commit you can expect cultural enrichment like Rotherham.

BTW I used to watch CNN but it has become superficial and purile in recent years. nice try at validating your prejudices though, must try harder.

Well, that sort of re-inforces most of the bloke says... national, rather than religious points.

ps..Bin Ladens personal protection team in the Tora Bora were all Uzbeks.... they have nutters as well

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
"Hysteria". Some people are really willing there to be problems. Something like 2 or 3 million muslims in this country. I sincerely doubt there's more than 10,000 who hold views deemed extremist (that's 0.3%). The rest just get on with their British lives like the rest of us Brits. I don't think they need patronising or rescuing by well meaning hand-wringing.

Edit - I do wonder if threads like this are just as bad for relations between muslims and non-muslims. Most muslims aren't terrorists, don't want to be associated with terrorists, .

Post sept 11 survey showe 27% of muslims had sympathies for bin laden, not all muslims are terrorists but all non muslims are targets.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well, that sort of re-inforces most of the bloke says... national, rather than religious points.

ps..Bin Ladens personal protection team in the Tora Bora were all Uzbeks.... they have nutters as well

Hamas constitution quotes the koran on killing jews, the nationalism is a front for militant islam. They are IS by stealth.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
oh.. I see. Didnt realise it was all that simple.
Got to wonder why one of Hamas's closest allies in the world (Hezbollah) after the latest bollocks in Gaza, are fighing ISIS then.
The point of Hamas is Palestine, and its occupation by the Jewish state, and I think you know that.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The words of the Koran are as easy to twist as the words in the bible. For centuries people have been taking and distorting these religious texts for their own ends.

What's not twisted though is the fact Muhammad was a man of violence where the person called Christ was nothing like him in that regard.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Most of the people being killed by this cult, and fighting this cult are Muslims, so to suggest that isis is how Islam really is, is a bit ridiculous.
Its like saying the mad Westboro cretins are mainstream Christianity.

It is if the Westboro nutters were bombing Mecca and controlled large swathes of the southern us by force and terror

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It is if the Westboro nutters were bombing Mecca and controlled large swathes of the southern us by force and terror

Your analogy makes no sense. Whatsoever.

Are you saying that this group of what, 30,000 of the ISIS nutters is representative of 1.6 billion muslims? Really? Its a bit stupid to say the least.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Your analogy makes no sense. Whatsoever.

Are you saying that this group of what, 30,000 of the ISIS nutters is representative of 1.6 billion muslims? Really? Its a bit stupid to say the least.

No Dave. He's saying your analogy doesn't work. Comparing a half-dozen nutters working out the back of a church in the middle of Hicksville USA and picketing a few funerals, Pride marches and abortion clinics is somehow comparable with a group that control an area of the Middle East, the size of the UK and are responsible for all sorts of murder and terrorist actions and represent the single biggest danger to world peace at this moment in time. Comparing those two is a bit silly.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So does it make ISIS representative of Islam?

No, because its clearly bollocks...the point I was making about Westboro...it would be complete bollocks.
To even imagine that this group, who is killing more muslims than any other religion is representative of the religion is as ridiculous as saying the Westboro baptist nitwits are.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So does it make ISIS representative of Islam?

No, because its clearly bollocks...the point I was making about Westboro...it would be complete bollocks.

He didn't say ISIS is representative of Islam, you argumentative fool. He said that your analogy didn't work. They're not comparable because of their respective spheres of influence and the trail of destruction. Please read the posts before replying.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I say we take off and nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here