Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watch an expert explode the myths about Islam! - Essential viewing for many on here.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh dear silly me, i forgot (i suppose i shall have to include it in every post) to add some Muslims.
I have mentioned it many times before, in fact if you took the trouble to read them, even in a post a little earlier tonight.
So once again eh.
Quote Soulman 21-42 post 114
"And this post is what it all boils down to really. It's the fall back post against anybody that criticizes the behaviour of some Muslims."
and
".of course it is a fairly small minority of extremists/radicals....but let's not take our eye of the ball and sweep it under the carpet for fear of highlighting it because it may offend.
Then again we can as iv'e said, just generalise and say that anybody that broaches the subject are saying it is " representative of Islam as a whole".

Do you know what SM? I really would include 'some Muslims' when you make comments about Islam, it would save a bit of confusion. Especially on a thread which is specifically about how people fail to distinguish between 'Muslims' and 'some Muslims'.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's known as the fall back or safe deflection stance, BF has implemented it as well tonight. Meanwhile "some", a minority, radicals, extremists are causing havoc.

It is none of these things SM. It is the whole point of this thread.

The media and many individuals (yourself included as you have admitted) do not make the distinction between 'Muslims and 'some Muslims' and this lack of distinction causes a lot of problems

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It is none of these things SM. It is the whole point of this thread.

The media and many individuals (yourself included as you have admitted) do not make the distinction between 'Muslims and 'some Muslims' and this lack of distinction causes a lot of problems

What you mean like headlines stating Asian gangs or groomers etc, that lack of distinction, yep i agree.
Anyway, i'm off to bed, and you are probably off to school. Make sure you read the kids work properly in case there are "some" "extreme" comments in them, would not wish you to miss them and generalise eh. :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What you mean like headlines stating Asian gangs or groomers etc, that lack of distinction, yep i agree.
Anyway, i'm off to bed, and you are probably off to school. Make sure you read the kids work properly in case there are "some" "extreme" comments in them, would not wish you to miss them and generalise eh. :)

I will look out for improper use of pronouns and lack of distinction. I have had a bit of practice now :)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Do you know what SM? I really would include 'some Muslims' when you make comments about Islam, it would save a bit of confusion. Especially on a thread which is specifically about how people fail to distinguish between 'Muslims' and 'some Muslims'.

Ok sir, i will include it on every post. Hopefully when i do it you will not miss it this time so that i don't have to rewrite it about 6 posts later....ta.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ok sir, i will include it on every post. Hopefully when i do it you will not miss it this time so that i don't have to rewrite it about 6 posts later....ta.

Good for you, we'll get you through your 11+ if it kills us :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So your belief is that Isis et al are representative of Islam as a whole?

I personally break all religions down into 2 groups. Secular/modern and Orthodox/traditional.

Got no problem with the first group but the later i want nothing to do with as they are to wrapped in dogma to reason with, this goes treble for islam as its original state was what Isis are doing. Mohammed beheaded 200 jews at Medina to steal their wealth to finance military campaign against other muslims in Arabia, the jewish women were forced to convert then distributed among his followers.

This is not to far from what Isis practice and follow. If you want to revert to an idea in its original state you will be judged on it. These are not quite the same as fundementalists who will get an original precept and strip it of context and expand it out to the expense of all other values.

the question I have about Isis is where are they getting their ammo from?

You cant do anything about radicalisation as it will shine a light on to many vested interests.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Kurds used to cause similer trouble in Holland all the time against Turks when I was living there. Brawls, arson, and assasinations.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
You realise the BBC is a news organisation yeah?

I do Dave, but the exposure this news story got didn't get the attention it deserved. This is the first terror plot to be foiled which is in direct relation to the troubles occurring recently with IS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here