Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wasps nest

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This is what i normally do, need to be quick with the match though as they are none to keen on the petrol filly the nest !

I've found the best way to do it is fill a 600ml plastic bottle with petrol then put the bottle over the hole and let it drain out. The bottle keeps the entry blocked until the match it lit, then BOOM!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If there's one thing worse than an angry wasp coming straight at you, it's gotta be an angry wasp coming straight at you in flames...

My Grandmothers house always had a heap of their mud nests up under her eaves when we'd visit.

Boys being boys we had slingshots so we would always be potting the nests with marbles.

Damn good for target practice!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you could always send a letter to the US Embassy suggesting the wasps are Syrian agents and if you give them rough co-ordinates, they will tommahawk the buggers!

Job done

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had a wasp nest in the roof of my garden shed so was advised to spray the area with a wasp killer and then spray the same area with a wasp killer foam both from Robert Dyas and this worked a treat. I must say I did it with my arms and hands and face covered completely and after the first spray shut the door very quick and then applied the foam 10 mins later but it worked.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I would suggest you smother your C0ck in jam and then dangle it in said hole as bait.

wait until you have caught a few and then pull out, take hedge cutting equipment and cut it off and smash with the brick from the original plan.

If it's in the ground, then buy one of those wasp nest destroyer sprays and spray it in the late evening when they're all home in bed! Wear long trousers, long sleeves, gloves and a jacket with hood pulled well down over your face and should be no problem. I dealt with one a week ago very effectively. No stings. And they're all dead!!

..If you don't dress like this any survivors will remember your face and come after you for revenge :)

Seriously thought there are several products available from garden centres which are in the form of a foam - bit like shaving foam. Cans are not cheap but I have followed the advice on the can a couple of times and terminated with extreme prejudice a couple of nests that had formed under the tile hanging on the house. Didn't get stung, comments about doing the deed at dusk are correct.

I've found the best way to do it is fill a 600ml plastic bottle with petrol then put the bottle over the hole and let it drain out. The bottle keeps the entry blocked until the match it lit, then BOOM!

Will this work indoors?

Am loving some of the solutions - the one that suggested smearing certain body parts with jam caused a ROTFL moment!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Will this work indoors?

Am loving some of the solutions - the one that suggested smearing certain body parts with jam caused a ROTFL moment!

Depends what kind of indoors you mean, as in what kind of floor surface.

My method isn't the safest, maybe not even the most effective. But shit it's fun!

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
21st century health and safety obsessed pussies. Man up, don your ninja outfit and f.ck the wasps over with a spade, come nunchucca. Be carefully of the hawhorne though, the thorns can go septic.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I think you should just dress up as a wasp, gain their trust and infiltrate their nest. Then when they completely trust you, burn it down and mate with their females :shrug:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Amusing story but horrendous at the time. I woke up one morning after sleeping with the windows open. Heard a load of buzzing and thought "WTF" sprang out of bed, put my strides on......................... yep a plentiful array of wasps had gathered inside said trousers and stung the living jesus out of me.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Grandfather stung to death by swarm of wasps after disturbing their nest on shooting trip

A grandfather has died after being attacked by a swarm of wasps.
George Moody, 64, accidentally disturbed a nest as he walked with a friend in the countryside near his home.
He is believed to have suffered a fatal allergic reaction when he was stung dozens of times.

Dozens of wasp stings proved deadly for retired landlord George Moody, who disturbed a nest while out shooting
Mr Moody, a former lifeboatman, managed to get back to his car but was dead by the time emergency services arrived.
Monday's tragedy near Haverfordwest, West Wales, came as pest controllers warned that this would be the worst week of the year for wasp stings as numbers of the insects reach a peak.

Be afraid, be very afraid!!!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
get a fish net on a pole, you know the ones that cost a quid from beach shops. Catch the nest in said net, and run to a safe clear area holding the net away from you at arms length. it is important youlift tour kness up to your chest as you do this, as hopefully you can knee any of the *******s that fly out in the head, stunning them for a bit. put the net face down on the ground thus trapping any remaining wasps and stamp the crap out of it. Run away. if possible, wear a full suit of armour whilst doing this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here