Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was yesterday's attendance announced anywhere?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My point was simply that someone asked what the official attendance is and someone else pointed out that the official attendance did not appear to map to the number of bums on seats. Like this is a dawning of an extraordinary revelation.

To give this context, I think 'pretendance' was coined as a term on NSC more than 5 years ago. Even recently we had a long discussion about it. It is tickets sold. I think we are required to report it like this by the league. I find it interesting as it seems to give a visual indicator of the strange forces that drive people to purchase a ticket and yet not turn up. If this is what the person to whose post I alluded meant, and that he's intrigued about whether it may be 10, 15 or 20%, then fine.

Some people, however, think this lying is reason enough for Barber to be sacked and is yet another example of how the moneymen have ruined our game.

Others feel that owing to this rather queer take on things, it is fair game to remark about it.

What is amusing is these days the attendance is somewhat lower than official attendance. I remember a time when it was the other way round. Oh how we all laughed as Millard muttered the attendance over the tannoy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My 16-year-old daughter has missed all three home games so far this season due to work or college commitments. Her seat in the family stand has remained empty – my wife and I have gone to the games without her.

In previous seasons that ticket would have been quietly passed to a friend who would inevitably buy a pie, and a pint, perhaps a programme too. Yes, it's against the letter of the law, but the club gets some matchday revenue and another voice in the crowd to cheer on the team.

The new ticket transfer system isn't much use to me and probably many others.

The existing ticket system to allow you to upgrade a ticket and pass on to a friend or partner or family etc is still in place . I’ve done it multiple times in the past with a u18/u21 ticket when my son hasn’t been around. You can do it 6 times a season. It hasn’t changed for years.

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...tent/documents/html/seasonticketupgrades.html

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The existing ticket system to allow you to upgrade a ticket and pass on to a friend or partner or family etc is still in place . I’ve done it multiple times in the past with a u18/u21 ticket when my son hasn’t been around. You can do it 6 times a season. It hasn’t changed for years.

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...tent/documents/html/seasonticketupgrades.html

Can you pass on tickets without upgrading to a different age band using that facility ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What is amusing is these days the attendance is somewhat lower than official attendance. I remember a time when it was the other way round. Oh how we all laughed as Millard muttered the attendance over the tannoy.

Two consecutive official league match attendances in the early days at P*ssfilled were exactly the same. I distinctly remember raising an eyebrow.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Evidently not, given regular number of threads and discussion about inc this one. And you know what they say, you don’t have to open and read a thread if you find it tedious.

Errr.... yes, but the thread is entitled "was yesterday's attendance announced anywhere?" To which the answer is "yes", they put it up on the screens after the final whistle. I didn't automatically assume it would attract all those who point out the stark staring bleedin' obvious time and time again that not everyone who has a ticket actually attends...

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Empty blue seat for some time because of a new serious illness x 2 means the Covid risk on the trains is too great. I'm waiting tor the Covid cases to go down in number and to get a vaccine booster. Also the trains will probably have to improve. Wishful thinking, maybe?

If the train issue is the only problem for you you might want to try seagull travel. Their bus/coach service means no crowding and seems reasonably priced. We have used it for games where no parking was available because like you we are covid concerned re public transport. A word of warning though: the concourses are crowded and very little masking so still a risk.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Errr.... yes, but the thread is entitled "was yesterday's attendance announced anywhere?" To which the answer is "yes", they put it up on the screens after the final whistle. I didn't automatically assume it would attract all those who point out the stark staring bleedin' obvious time and time again that not everyone who has a ticket actually attends...

Errr…. this is NSC. Since when did everyone conform to your or anyone else’s script?! Naive at best. Tangents and multiple discussions typically start from the 2nd poster onwards on most threads! Anyway, you slapped down anyone ‘still’ talking about a subject people clearly still want to talk about. If you can’t handle that, as I said, don’t comment. Easy peasey.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Empty Blue Seat

If the train issue is the only problem for you you might want to try seagull travel. Their bus/coach service means no crowding and seems reasonably priced. We have used it for games where no parking was available because like you we are covid concerned re public transport. A word of warning though: the concourses are crowded and very little masking so still a risk.

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION. Where to go for further info?

Been to
https://www.eventtravel-hub.co.uk/about-us-1-w.asp

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2212692/book-coach-travel-for-albion-games-home-and-away
I am disabled but I can walk short distances.

Last edited:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Errr…. this is NSC. Since when did everyone conform to your or anyone else’s script?! Naive at best. Tangents and multiple discussions typically start from the 2nd poster onwards on most threads! Anyway, you slapped down anyone ‘still’ talking about a subject people clearly still want to talk about. If you can’t handle that, as I said, don’t comment. Easy peasey.

And why shouldn't I comment when people rehash the same old "the club are lying to us" nonsense?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And why shouldn't I comment when people rehash the same old "the club are lying to us" nonsense?

I didn’t say you couldn’t. Just don’t expect everyone to listen. Talking of which ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here