Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was selling Sanchez the worst decision the club has made in years ? The Poll !

Well ?

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Steele’s distribution for RDZ ball was a big factor in securing 6th.

A worldie by Sanchez is balanced by his clangers on crosses, inferior distribution and childish inability to put the club first at a critical time for us mid season. Great managers such as Fergie and Klopp have dealt with indiscipline like that in a clinical manner, RDZ dealt with the baby correctly.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Steele’s distribution for RDZ ball was a big factor in securing 6th.

A worldie by Sanchez is balanced by his clangers on crosses, inferior distribution and childish inability to put the club first at a critical time for us mid season. Great managers such as Fergie and Klopp have dealt with indiscipline like that in a clinical manner, RDZ dealt with the baby correctly.
It's an interesting one: How may saves did Sanchez make that Steele would likely not have made, and did these outweight the mistakes that result in important goals? He's unfortunate in that his worst mistake was against Palace and resulted in us not winning. Steele wasn't completely immune to mistales last year either, the direct consequences and end result just meant that they were less memorable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's an interesting one: How may saves did Sanchez make that Steele would likely not have made, and did these outweight the mistakes that result in important goals? He's unfortunate in that his worst mistake was against Palace and resulted in us not winning. Steele wasn't completely immune to mistales last year either, the direct consequences and end result just meant that they were less memorable.

RDZ identified Steele as a goalie with exemplary distribution to help propel us to European football. Absolutely key to his game plan. And he did.

Apart from one poster, I can’t remember anyone persistently challenging that. Instead everyone reveled in the reflected glory of incredible, winning football.

We lose Colwill, Caicedo and Mac Allister, by October we’ve very, very average in the PL, later RDZ makes it clear he’s disgruntled with our transfer policy … then parts of NSC, the anti-RDZ knives are out. Before that, the debate on Verburggen v Steele, then finally blue-tinted nostalgia on Sanchez.

Have we been in bottom half PL form since October because of Steele and Verbruggen?

Imho not. Injuries, we’re woefully inadequate at DM and some players have lost all form (Ferguson and Estupinan).

We won’t be in any top 6 fights until TB deals with centre midfield.

Meanwhile Sanchez is a PL bench warmer at the Chavs. But he hasn’t refused to be part of their match day squad. Making me suspicious that $$$$ is his motivator. I wonder if Ben Roberts made illegal contact last season?

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Point of order, that thread is NOTHING TO DO WITH selling Sanchez. The thread is about Sanchez being dropped and not recalled. Everything that happened post Sanchez saying he didn't want to play is nothing to do with the original point of that thread, but obviously it is all that people want to talk about because people CANT EFFIN READ PROPERLY :flounce:

So I'm voting no........ :p
Oh dear......although I disagree with you regarding Sanchez, you have chosen to go against Watford Zero and Guinness Boy. You're never going to win any argument against those two Grimsby fisherman wives. They are two of the owners favourirte posterboys. They both have the ability to go on...and on...and on...and on....and on...and on...and on...and on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
119 votes to 2 presently.

Hilario :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh dear......although I disagree with you regarding Sanchez, you have chosen to go against Watford Zero and Guinness Boy. You're never going to win any argument against those two Grimsby fisherman wives. They are two of the owners favourirte posterboys. They both have the ability to go on...and on...and on...and on....and on...and on...and on...and on.
That's a little needlessly pissy. And factually incorrect*

I have won many arguments with @Guinness Boy :shrug:

OK, he would doubtless profoundly disagree with my recollection, but he would be tremendously succinct* about it :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He'd gone on strike chucked every toy he had out of the pram and forced his departure from the club. So it's a big no from me
Yes but we should of insisted he honore his contract, and win us more games as he's so much better than Bart and the other bloke. Worse decision the club ever made. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
RDZ identified Steele as a goalie with exemplary distribution to help propel us to European football. Absolutely key to his game plan. And he did.

Apart from one poster, I can’t remember anyone persistently challenging that. Instead everyone reveled in the reflected glory of incredible, winning football.

We lose Colwill, Caicedo and Mac Allister, by October we’ve very, very average in the PL, later RDZ makes it clear he’s disgruntled with our transfer policy … parts of NSC the anti-RDZ knives are out. Before that, the debate on Verburggen v Steele, then finally blue-tinted nostalgia on Sanchez.

Have we been in bottom half PL form since October because of Steele and Verbruggen?

Imho not. Injuries, we’re woefully inadequate at DM and some players have lost all form (Ferguson and Estupinan).

We won’t be in any top 6 fights until TB deals with centre midfield.

Meanwhile Sanchez is a PL bench warmer at the Chavs. But he hasn’t refused to be part of a squad. Making me suspicious that $$$$ is his motivator. I wonder if Ben Roberts made illegal contact last season?
Pipe-to-pipe bushmen?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
That's a little needlessly pissy. And factually incorrect*

I have won many arguments with @Guinness Boy :shrug:

OK, he would doubtless profoundly disagree with my recollection, but he would be tremendously succinct* about it :lolol:
oh, I do apologise profusely.

I thought you were still in a room for two with Zeberdi.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
oh, I do apologise profusely.

I thought you were still in a room for two with Zeberdi.
Pull up your knickers and make me a cup of tea.

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Voted No

For whatever reason his head had gone, and it was time to get rid.

FWIW I think one of the biggest errors, aside from not wanting to pay Glenn Murray 12 grand a week in 2011 and thinking CMS was a better option, was RDZ himself not picking Steele ahead of Sanchez in the semi final, we might have won the shootout, not saying we'd have won the Cup Final vs City, that said Wigan did not so long ago!
You're missing the point about the shoot out. Even the most avid Steele fan/Sanchez hater recognises Sanchez could sometimes make worldie saves that Steele couldn't - and he did so at Wembley; that kept us in that semi-final. With Steele, on that occasion, there would almost certainly not have been a shoot out.

Selling him when we did was the right decision - the only one left really - but some decisions leading up to that point - less so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One sugar or two sir ..?
I presume you're a fan of the Fast Show. I can't resist that line and, frankly, I over-use it :thumbsup:

Sorry you feel oppressed by two of my favourite posters.

My usual solution in such circumstances is to invoke 'the Master of Sarcasm and Wit'. As in 'I am considering enlisting the help of the Master of Sarcasm and wit'.

I posted the full joke some time ago. Sufficed to say, the punchline, directed at an annoying clown, is "f*** off, you red-nosed ****"

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here