Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was selling Sanchez the worst decision the club has made in years ? The Poll !

Well ?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Poll fail, should be “forcing Sanchez out” not selling surely?:rolleyes:

I’m certain he really wanted to stay but he was railroaded out apparently.

Maybe you could point us to the source of this fact :thumbsup:

Until then, I'm not sure why including speculation in a Poll is a fail :thumbsup:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Voted No

For whatever reason his head had gone, and it was time to get rid.

FWIW I think one of the biggest errors, aside from not wanting to pay Glenn Murray 12 grand a week in 2011 and thinking CMS was a better option, was RDZ himself not picking Steele ahead of Sanchez in the semi final, we might have won the shootout, not saying we'd have won the Cup Final vs City, that said Wigan did not so long ago!

Reactions: cjd

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Since this is still rolling on, the definitive poll. Was selling Sanchez the worst decision the club has made in years ?
Point of order, that thread is NOTHING TO DO WITH selling Sanchez. The thread is about Sanchez being dropped and not recalled. Everything that happened post Sanchez saying he didn't want to play is nothing to do with the original point of that thread, but obviously it is all that people want to talk about because people CANT EFFIN READ PROPERLY :flounce:

So I'm voting no........ :p

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Voted No

For whatever reason his head had gone, and it was time to get rid.

FWIW I think one of the biggest errors, aside from not wanting to pay Glenn Murray 12 grand a week in 2011 and thinking CMS was a better option, was RDZ himself not picking Steele ahead of Sanchez in the semi final, we might have won the shootout, not saying we'd have won the Cup Final vs City, that said Wigan did not so long ago!
Had he picked Steele we wouldn't have even got to a shoot out. The only thing Steele would have been doing with that deflected shot from Rashford would have been picking it out of his net.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Had he picked Steele we wouldn't have even got to a shoot out. The only thing Steele would have been doing with that deflected shot from Rashford would have been picking it out of his net.
A lot of what ifs in recent results if Bart had played all the games recently. We probably would of come away maybe 2-0 down from Rome.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. We got 25m for him, which I believe is in the top 10 of fees received for keepers, and replaced him with Verbruggen with change to spare.

However, off-field isues apart, he was a better option than Steele.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
100% this. Not a chance Steele reaches that - was a proper worldie.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The results beg the question (and I can't be arsed and am not bothered enough to start a new thread) what IS the worst decision the club has made in years?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The results beg the question (and I can't be arsed and am not bothered enough to start a new thread) what IS the worst decision the club has made in years?
In recent history:
1. Not going over and above to award Murray an offer he couldn't refuse after winning League One.
2. Giving David 'Just Get Some Loans In' Burke a job, when he could barely run a secondary school's PE dept.

which is ironic given he is now running a school's PE dept...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Poll fail, should be “forcing Sanchez out” not selling surely?:rolleyes:

I’m certain he really wanted to stay but he was railroaded out apparently.
He wasn't forced out. He just wasn't picked. Mostly because he completely lacks discipline. Totally incapable of playing the De Zerbi patterns in training or games and constantly late.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He wasn't forced out. He just wasn't picked. Mostly because he completely lacks discipline. Totally incapable of playing the De Zerbi patterns in training or games and constantly late.

I think you missed the point I was trying to make to the OP :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here