Votes: 42 17.1%
  • No - foul on Dunk first

Votes: 60 24.5%
  • No - F**king Hoops

Votes: 51 20.8%

• Total voters

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Ignoring the specifics of this match, I wish every ref would punish shirt pulling wherever on the pitch it happens. It is against the rules and hinders skillfull play succeeding. Initially the continued stoppages would be exceedingly irritating, but once the players got used to not committing the foul, we would have better games to watch.

Absolutely agree with this. I'm baffled as to why referees so rarely penalise what's a clear infringement.

Can only think it's because they know giving a penalty can change a game so they only give it when it's totally blatant (as this was!).

Can't see that we can have any complaints when Dunk did exactly the same later on in the game.....

Don't know what's gone wrong with him this season? He's gone from being pretty much our best player last season (not hard admittedly) to being the weakest link this season and screwing up at least once every game!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes pen.

If only Dunk had the sense to let go of the shirt once the opposing player had hold of his arm - we'd have had a freekick to take, not a penalty to concede.

Dunk is not doing Brighton fans any favours with this kind of shirt lifting.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't know what's gone wrong with him this season? He's gone from being pretty much our best player last season (not hard admittedly) to being the weakest link this season and screwing up at least once every game!

He's getting far too tight in areas of the pitch where he should really only need to be touch tight. He gave away a couple of silly fouls toward the end, one he got turned as he was so tight right near the halfway line. I don't know whether he suddenly thinks he is a lot better than he is, and thinks no one can turn him or something? What with the pen that wasn't given at home the other week, he is turning into a liability. I really hope it's not a case of the Billy Big Boots with him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To those who voted 'I've seen them given', care to say where & when or share a video of a ref awarding one?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Obviously I was annoyed when the ref gave this as it penalised us BUT this is the one aspect of the game that annoys me more than anything
Referees have, in my eyes, to clamp down on all the shirt pulling and holding that goes on (mainly in the penalty area at corners but all over the pitch as well)
As shown on Sunday we are not above it either and it cost us a couple of points
I think the refs should warn about it at the beginning of the game and clamp down on it as it is spoiling the game and turning it into some sort of wrestling match

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think the refs should warn about it at the beginning of the game and clamp down on it as it is spoiling the game and turning it into some sort of wrestling match

Also ................... if a defender is not facing the ball and deliberately blocks the run of an attacker who is attacking the ball ..................... why is that not obstruction and an indirect free kick ?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
It was a foul, so yes, it was a pen. No complaints from me. Dunk being stupid again, another example of him costing us points. That £5 million looks very good to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here