Votes: 60 24.5%
  • No - F**king Hoops

Votes: 51 20.8%

• Total voters

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Albion tinted glasses aside, it was a penalty. Dunk held his shirt whilst he rose above the attacher, which is a foul. Plain and simple. Both players were holding each other to begin with, then Dunk committed the foul as he held onto the shirt more forcefully.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hooper has a history of this sort of thing. We've been shafted again.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There is a football cliche "If the ref gave a penalty every time that happened the score would finish 10-all." The cliche arose from incidents exactly like this. It happens at every corner in every match every week in every division.

The refs decision is totally inconsistent with other refs. I find the inconsistency more infuriating than Burnley actually scoring the pen because when we get this ref again he could do the same thing again.

You're right of course. But how long do you think that would last? Once there had been a couple of games with penalties given then the players would have to stop and we would see a better game. Bit like diving, now players get booked for it there is less of it.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Really shitty one.

Technically, it was a foul, but a very soft foul to give a penalty.
The striker was fouling dunk at the same time (perhaps before the shirt pulling even) but again, too soft to give us a free kick for it.

So, common sense would suggest to let both go and just play on, but I imagine the Ref only saw the shirt pulling.

Ridiculously soft penalty, even worse when Dunk was technically fouled first.
Not a striker, it was Keane their centre back.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Never a penalty! I was there and it all seemed a bit weird now I've seen the video. They were holding each others arms but their guy was pulling Dunk away, then ducks out of the header, ridiculous decision.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
We'll say no, they'll say yes, man in black he say yes, history will say yes, so yes, it was a penalty. Comprehend?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You're right of course. But how long do you think that would last? Once there had been a couple of games with penalties given then the players would have to stop and we would see a better game. Bit like diving, now players get booked for it there is less of it.

But we're 17 games into the season and it's the first decision of its type. If you want to stamp it out tell all the clubs all the refs have been instructed to clamp down, then if you get penalised at least you were warned.

This incident reminds me of the time Albion played Plymouth away and keeper Rabi Shabaan was done for handling outside of his area when he punted upfield from hand. Yet every keeper does what he did and I've observed plenty step over the line before they throw the ball up to kick it. Unfortunately for the Albion - as with today - the ref decided to be pedantic.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Never a penalty! I was there and it all seemed a bit weird now I've seen the video. They were holding each others arms but their guy was pulling Dunk away, then ducks out of the header, ridiculous decision.
Yep at the game thought it was platent without actually seeing it, although on video 50 - 50 tugging and pulling although as some have said can see why given with his shirt nearly round his neck!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There is a football cliche "If the ref gave a penalty every time that happened the score would finish 10-all." The cliche arose from incidents exactly like this. It happens at every corner in every match every week in every division.

That's a cliche that gets spouted anytime the pundits want to criticise the ref for giving something. When those same pundits want to criticise refs for not doing something, they will utter another cliche "start giving red cards, and they'll soon stop".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was never a pen.

I said the same as soon as I realised we had him as ref, I reckon he is palace or Pompey.

He's Bournemouth, and mates with Eddie Howe, who calls him Hoops. Eddie Howe also used to manage Burnley.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But we're 17 games into the season and it's the first decision of its type. If you want to stamp it out tell all the clubs all the refs have been instructed to clamp down, then if you get penalised at least you were warned.

Exactly this. It was a foul, so correctly given - but then again, as it was Hooper, who has appeared to be so anti-Albion in the past, there is naturally a sense of grievance.

D

Deleted member 2719

He's Bournemouth, and mates with Eddie Howe, who calls him Hoops. Eddie Howe also used to manage Burnley.

Hmm probably a connection somewhere with Rosie the dog.

Football will be exposed as being bent sooner or later if anyone is brave enough to follow it through.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmm probably a connection somewhere with Rosie the dog.

Football will be exposed as being bent sooner or later if anyone is brave enough to follow it through.

A worse decision than today was against Calde, who tackled a Bournemouth player, & put the ball out for a corner. Hoops awarded them a penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here