Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Enoch Powell correct?

try muslims and indigenous population.

But you didn't say "indigenous", you said "christian".

It's not that long ago that my Catholic family was vilified in some quarters as a bunch of foreigners, owing an allegiance to a gang of foreign terrorists. I think we got through that.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Simple answer - an emphatic NO. He wasn't right. His speech was about a different people in a different time and by and large the people he was referring to have assimilated into British life extraordinarily well and have enriched this country and are as proud to be British as I am.

Yes in there own communities! There is sadly no integration!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Once you let Immigrants or Migrants form there own communities integration is dead the mistakes were made 70yrs ago in this country!

No, the mistake was made in Lancashire a hundred and fifty years ago.

They're not like us. They don't mix. And some of them turn violent.
They have their own churches, their own schools -- they don't even pray in English.
Some insist on continuing to speak their own language. You can hear it in the shops.
Bottom line -- they hate us.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
But you didn't say "indigenous", you said "christian".

It's not that long ago that my Catholic family was vilified in some quarters as a bunch of foreigners, owing an allegiance to a gang of foreign terrorists. I think we got through that.

Yes, but you knew what was meant, didn't you? I have no idea what you are talking about with your statement????

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
No, Powell was not right. The problems we see all around us now are to do with religion (one particular one) not race.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I must be missing something.

Where is the evidence that Christianity is lining up its members to take on the Muslims?

You are quite right. There is none as far as I can see. But you are missing something........

9/11; 7/7; Charlie Hebdo; Boko Harum; Lee Rigby killers; last night's atrocities; oh yes - almost forgot - ISIS.

Possible evidence that (extreme) Islam is lining up at least some of its members to take on the Christians?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

They have their own churches, their own schools -- they don't even pray in English.
Some insist on continuing to speak their own language. You can hear it in the shops.

And their religious women wear head coverings.

Damn Nuns!

Dimitte nobis debita nostra.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You are quite right. There is none as far as I can see. But you are missing something........

9/11; 7/7; Charlie Hebdo; Boko Harum; Lee Rigby killers; last night's atrocities; oh yes - almost forgot - ISIS.

Possible evidence that (extreme) Islam is lining up at least some of its members to take on the Christians?

How many of the Islamophobes, not least on this board are genuine, card carrying Christains tho? I wouldn't have thought there are many church going regulars who are crying out for their Moslem neighbours to be interned, or any of the other ridiculous measures mooted by some who claim to be sticking up for their Christian faith, yes, Britain First, I am looking at you

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps we should have abandoned all those Ugandan Asians in the 70s and let Idi Amin kill them

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How many of the Islamophobes, not least on this board are genuine, card carrying Christains tho? I wouldn't have thought there are many church going regulars who are crying out for their Moslem neighbours to be interned, or any of the other ridiculous measures mooted by some who claim to be sticking up for their Christian faith, yes, Britain First, I am looking at you
ISIS definitely do target Christians, but you are basically quibbling (and stereotyping as well; everyone who is concerned with the current goings on is an Islamophobe, right? OK). I could have used the term 'non-believers', because ISIS regard all such as the enemy, to be killed in their 'holy' war. I was, however, replying directly to a post which specifically mentioned Christians and Muslims.

Still, never mind. If you ever get captured by ISIS, just tell 'em you're an atheist. You'll be fine!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The rhetoric of the speech was condemned but the content is still talked about to this day. If it is still up for discussion then the rationale of the speech strikes chords. One way or another!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This woman hits home as well, not good viewing for the liberals among us.

I watched the speech by this woman and before I comment I would just like to nail my '' colours to the Mast ''

I consider myself to be one of the ''Politically Correct'' people she refers to - So I felt myself cringing when I found myself agreeing with everything she was saying about the peaceful majorities views being irrelevant whilst the minorities were the ones doing all the killing. Yes I 100% agreed with everything she was saying and then at the 10 seconds of her speech she ruined all her good work by saying that we should ''take Political Correctness and throw it in the garbage where it belongs''

Why did that ruin everything. Well because Political Correctness has helped save the lives of millions of people in minority groups in hundreds of different countries all around the world - Political Correctness has also SAVED the live of millions of Jews, Muslims, Catholics, Prodestants, Gypries, Hindu's Budists, Gays, disabled people etc JUST DIFFERENT PEOPLES LIVES !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here