Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Enoch Powell correct?

Jan 30, 2008
By "the black man" Powell undoubtedly had in mind members of the Afro-Caribbean community and Hindu Indian community who had been migrating to the West Midlands in the 1960s. His prognostications were plainly wrong.
yes he probably did, but immigration on the scale we've seen has brought the Muslim faith problem to our door steps
regards
DR

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ONLY A MATTER OF TIME, IT'S HAPPENED IN PLACES LIKE OLDHAM ................. wake up !!!!! AND YOU RECKON THERE'S ONLY BEEN ONE ATTACK FFS, YOU ARE A DIN OF THE HIGHEST ORDER
regards
DR

ah of course, because no crime or heinous act has ever been perpetrated by the indiginous population. never makes it right, and by Odin those communities need to sort themselves out, but that does not mean we have wholesale violence which is the forecast of Powell. or are you just misunderstaning or ignorant of the question and its background? or just want to explode incidents to common occurance to suit your world view "see, told you" in sense of glorious self satisfacion. well done you.

Jan 30, 2008
ah of course, because no crime or heinous act has ever been perpetrated by the indiginous population. never makes it right, and by Odin those communities need to sort themselves out, but that does not mean we have wholesale violence which is the forecast of Powell. or are you just misunderstaning or ignorant of the question and its background? or just want to explode incidents to common occurance to suit your world view "see, told you" in sense of glorious self satisfacion. well done you.

what a load of spin:facepalm:
regards
DR

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Put like this, then you most certainly have a point, as what you mention cannot be defended at all. But those who say "he was right" are not really referring to this, are they? Just that they feel that the "rivers of blood" is what could happen in the future, as relations between the christian and muslim communities get ever worse. And would you bet against future conflict, abhorrent as the thought is?

His metaphors and anecdotes in that speech referred to what he believed would happen if the Race Relations Bill was passed into law - none of which happened - quite the contrary the vast majority of the population embraced the new law.

Put like this, then you most certainly have a point, as what you mention cannot be defended at all. But those who say "he was right" are not really referring to this, are they? Just that they feel that the "rivers of blood" is what could happen in the future, as relations between the christian and muslim communities get ever worse. And would you bet against future conflict, abhorrent as the thought is?

I must be missing something.

Where is the evidence that Christianity is lining up its members to take on the Muslims?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
By "the black man" Powell undoubtedly had in mind members of the Afro-Caribbean community and Hindu Indian community who had been migrating to the West Midlands in the 1960s. His prognostications were plainly wrong.

An important point. But lost on those who refer to the speach, but have never read its text.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
As regards his most famous speach- has anyone ever read the full text ? It's quite an interesting read.

Has the black man got the 'whip hand' yet ? Only I think he said 'fifteen years'. I make that 1983.

Heard a saying,if you want to know whos reallyin power who cant you critisise?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'm pretty sure (even by Tony Blairs admission) that going over to Iraq and starting a war that led to over 200000 innocent people being blown to pieces and completely destroying stability in that country has a bit more to do with IS and our current predicament than an open border policy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

What a stupid post -you know exactly what was meant. So do you think that future conflict can be avoided?
No I don't know what was meant. It was you who brought "Christians" into this debate.

I'm beginning to think you mean "white people". Or am I wrong?

As for avoiding future conflict, the first step I would take would be to do something about the growth of racism.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Once you let Immigrants or Migrants form there own communities integration is dead the mistakes were made 70yrs ago in this country!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Simple answer - an emphatic NO. He wasn't right. His speech was about a different people in a different time and by and large the people he was referring to have assimilated into British life extraordinarily well and have enriched this country and are as proud to be British as I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here