Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warren Aspinall

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I'm entirely sympathetic to his problems (empathetic even) and am very happy that the club have given him a scouting gig. However that doesn't make him qualified to broadcast on the BBC.

However I wish him no ill, though I fear he may have had a ticking off for describing Noone as having "raped" his full back last night. Makes "window-licking" seem quite tame.

Listen to what he says, not how he says it.

Personally, I think he is the best of all the summarisers we have. This is absolutely no criticism of Jonny Byrne or any of the others, all of whom do a good job. I just think that Aspinall has more of the knack of pointing out exactly what is or is not happening, and why.

Brian Riggs

Aug 7, 2009
I didn't go last night but listened to the commentary instead - Aspinall was brilliant! Very entertaining, knowledgeable and not afraid to say what he feels as opposed to the vast majority of pundits who are too afraid of the PC brigade.

In short, a character, which football is so very short of these days.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I found his constant slagging off of Harley very annoying, it was almost as if he had a vendetta against him, which, considering he is employed by the club is quite astounding.
I wonder how Gus and Tanno would react to Aspinell if they heard his comments about Harley last night, because it seriously questions their judgement of him.

I appreciate that I wasnt there, but reading comments of those that attended, some agree with WA, others say Harley wasnt as poor as suggested, bar his penalty, and we had enough of those missed last season to accept the fact any playercan miss one.

As for summerisers, Paul Clarke was superb against Ipswich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here