Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warren Aspinall

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He is a top bloke & I wish him well in overcoming his pesonal problems but when it comes to radio summarising he's a bit too amateurish even for Radio Sussex.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He is a top bloke & I wish him well in overcoming his pesonal problems but when it comes to radio summarising he's a bit too amateurish even for Radio Sussex.

Jesus.
That IS saying something.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So he is good enough to trundle round the country watching other teams and players for Gus, but not good enough for the listeners of a local radio station. His football and knowledge of BHA is pretty good, maybe better than JB, and he appears to be a fan.
Hands up anyone who has not forgotten the thread of what you were talking about whilst concentrating on more than one thing at a time. I enjoyed it if not because whilst doing the commentary most of the time when the team scores, for about ten seconds the only way you can tell is to listen to the cheers as the commentator is finishing the sentence he his on. Warren just shouts, Goal!!!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
As mentioned before he scouts our opposition so offers a good insite into the opposition for the listeners, he's not a polished presenter but that adds to the charm IMHO

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Actually I think he comes over well, his bit when he forgot the players nickname was classic. I get a bit fed up with these media pro's who say nothing and prefer Wazza over all these.

I agree, he's one of the better summarisers IMO - I thought the "forgotten" nickname was because the story behind it might have been a bit "off colour" for Saturday afternoon and the producer was in his ear warning him off....

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I think that is one of the reason for our success, preparing for who we play and how we will play

THIS, see Cardiff. 4 central midfielders playing across the middle and we passed them off the park. For me our best performance of the season and it has so far been the only game we havnt employed the winger.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
and i remember that he scored a fantastic individual goal for carlisle at the Goldstone. Ran the length of the pitch with the ball and then thumped into the s stand goal. FANTASTIC. even i cheered it , and we conceded it!

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
and i remember that he scored a fantastic individual goal for carlisle at the Goldstone. Ran the length of the pitch with the ball and then thumped into the s stand goal. FANTASTIC. even i cheered it , and we conceded it!

Was that when they had that horrible Green Kit with Red and White Central stripes (presumably a Stobart sponsored tie in)?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
indeed - imagine scoring a wonder goal dressed in this

thumbnail.aspx

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
Gotta say, i'm enjoying listening to his forthright views. Sainsbury's distribution centre obviously don't know they are employing a LEGEND!!

Oh yes we do,

Warrens a top bloke in my books, after all this guy has been through (ok mostly his own doing)He holds down a full time job on nights, scouts all over the uk for us and does his radio bits and bobs.

He could spend 60 plus hours a week working and in the car who else works more than 60 hours a week on here.

Oh yeah and always turned up trumps with tickets that was hard to get hold of :wink::wink:.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
At 75 minutes he said that Noone had run out of poof.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Is Warren the new Mrs Malaprop. We have our very own Aspinalisms. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here