Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warren Aspinall

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Folks,

Is it just me or does Warren Aspinall sound constantly f***ed on BBC Southern Counties Radio comentary for the Albion:

1/ Is he a piss head, who is under the influence.:drink:
2/ Does he suffer with demetia (no laughing matter):mad:
3/ Is he just a bit of a dinny!:dunce:
4/ Did he hed to many footballs in his career....:wrong:

Maybe you could enlighten me! as he makes me chuckle...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You obviously don't know about much about WA and if you did you would understand and tolerate him.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Nice guy and a character to boot, doing a good job scouting for us and while he is not an accomplished radio presenter he knows whats going on around the club in terms of scouting etc and it's good to here these things.

Good luck to the bloke after what he has come through and he sounds pleased to be on the Gus bus.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Folks,

Is it just me or does Warren Aspinall sound constantly f***ed on BBC Southern Counties Radio comentary for the Albion:

1/ Is he a piss head, who is under the influence.:drink:
2/ Does he suffer with demetia (no laughing matter):mad:
3/ Is he just a bit of a dinny!:dunce:
4/ Did he hed to many footballs in his career....:wrong:

Maybe you could enlighten me! as he makes me chuckle...

Have a read around the subject on Google. You'll understand why soon enough. And the guy can also be incredibly insightful. Hearing him talk about this division - and how we have a right to be top - was great.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
You obviously don't know about much about WA and if you did you would understand and tolerate him.

Nice guy and a character to boot, doing a good job scouting for us and while he is not an accomplished radio presenter he knows whats going on around the club in terms of scouting etc and it's good to here these things.

Good luck to the bloke after what he has come through and he sounds pleased to be on the Gus bus.

Have a read around the subject on Google. You'll understand why soon enough. And the guy can also be incredibly insightful. Hearing him talk about this division - and how we have a right to be top - was great.

All these

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

never liked him as a player-but all of the above now warmed to him,pleased he's with us-wish him well

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
He played for a Sunday morning pub side in Southampton a few years ago, I played against him a few times and he was a complete cock, really nasty piece of work, however it he has since come out about his problems and demons and I believe he is a different person now. Good luck to him hope it keeps going well for him as it was sad to see such a good player in that state!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I never said he wasn't a decent bloke or knowledgable! Just wanted to know why he kept forgetting what the f*** he was talking about!

He has had alcohol issues and also attempted suicide from what I have found!

I won't go on anymore and can't wait to listen to him next Saturday if he can remember what he just said!

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Ooh tough article to read. Thought his summarising was insightful at times although lacking in polished and well timed delivery. That said i didn't mind as he just sounded like he had been at the hospitality.

In my experience an alcoholic behaves like a twat and therefore is a twat until they stop drinking. I care not for this behaviour. Good luck to him on his recovery. It's good to know BHAFC are supporting this guy if only for his family. Just don't let him drive the GusBus!

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I never said he wasn't a decent bloke or knowledgable! Just wanted to know why he kept forgetting what the f*** he was talking about!

He has had alcohol issues and also attempted suicide from what I have found!

I won't go on anymore and can't wait to listen to him next Saturday if he can remember what he just said!

Nice.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
never liked him as a player-but all of the above now warmed to him,pleased he's with us-wish him well

Played for us so fine by me
thumbnail.aspx

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I didn't hear the broadcast as I was at the game, but to be fair to the original poster, a radio presenter/summariser is there to perform a service to listeners, and if he's not doing that, then perhaps it is fair to question their suitability for the role?

I totally accept Aspinall has had his problems and is working through them, and fair play to him, but there is a fairly reasonable argument that says if a presenter can't actually convey the message he's being paid to deliver, then he's not necessarily the man for the job.

Obviously I haven't heard how good/bad it was, so I'm merely speculating here, I should add. I think I might have heard him before and he seemed OK to me, so maybe Saturday was an aberration?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its what Brighton and Brighton people are all about excepting people for what they are(one of the reasons why I am struggling to get back there) warts and all it makes me proud to support a club that look after ex-players.
good luck to the man he is a trier and everyone loves a trier
I heard on one of the away games while he was playing for the Albion "Aspainall chugs up the centre" and since then I have always called him "chugger" affectionately of coarse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here