Ward - Done Deal (pending medical)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I have a feeling the announcement will be delayed until another certain player completes his medical and the two of them will be presented to the press together.

Just a hunch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have a feeling the announcement will be delayed until another certain player completes his medical and the two of them will be presented to the press together.

Just a hunch.

My hunch is that the Fans Forum is tomorrow evening so any signings will be announced tomorrow morning so that fans will arrive happy, rather than whinging about the squad.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
My hunch is that the Fans Forum is tomorrow evening so any signings will be announced tomorrow morning so that fans will arrive happy, rather than whinging about the squad.

Along those lines - but a 5PM announcement for me - maybe even a surprise visit by Stephen Ward himself for a public unveiling, who knows.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I don't get this but it seems to be the general opinion on here. We've signed an experienced international who has spent pretty much his whole career in the top flight, a career that has seen very few injuries and were benching him before a balls been kicked.

No offence to you directly but this view point seems a bit bizarre.

Before the Doncaster game Id read on NSC that Buckley was a wasted signing and then....

I don't entirely blame people because when I did watch friendlies some players don't give of their best in friendlies, and we have some Molangos who looked brilliant pre-season and for 15 seconds at Reading. Often its the old pro signings who don't acquit themselves best in pre-season, e.g. they often take longer to get fit, I do like Dunk a lot altho hes still prone to occasional lapse.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see he has his "get-out" clause in there now

"BREAKING: #wwfc and #bhafc finally agree fee for Stephen Ward. Contract terms already agreed so this one is done, pending a medical"

Nevertheless, I do find it odd that someone can be in a position to "know" these things, and then be hell bent on "reporting" it before the official channels do so. Is this an official leak, some untrustworthy member of staff, or as you suggest, a chancer having a guess?

Chancer having a guess - source is I know who it is!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any half intelligent person can see that! Trouble is you get village idiots that take these tweets as gospel and retweet the crap.

Absolutely - also annoys me the amount of morons who still retweet random transfer accounts that are either guesswork it going off a tweet 5 mins before from a sky journo etc trying to act itk - if everyone just ignored them rather than retweeting there'd be far less bullshit rumours...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports