Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward - Done Deal (pending medical)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
think we should have a rule that u can only post a 'done deal' thread if the either the player, agent, barber, bloom, burke or bozza has told you. To stop all this bullshit.
I agree. Except you may have to cross Bozza off that list.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Peter O'Rourke - sky journo - tweeted it's close

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From today's Argus, a quote from Kenny Jackett, that might go some way to explaining why this transfer is not yet "over the line"

“He is a good professional. He had a good year last year, playing regularly at left-back in a side who got in the play offs. But we’re not close to anything and as far as I’m aware Brighton haven’t been in touch.”

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
From today's Argus, a quote from Kenny Jackett, that might go some way to explaining why this transfer is not yet "over the line"

“He is a good professional. He had a good year last year, playing regularly at left-back in a side who got in the play offs. But we’re not close to anything and as far as I’m aware Brighton haven’t been in touch.”

Jackett seems to change his story every week. On July 1 he was quoted by Sky Sports as saying:-

Jackett said in the Express and Star: “There has been some contact with Jez – Brighton have been in touch during the course of the summer.

“It’s dovetailed with them appointing a new manager. “A deal hasn’t been agreed, but they’ve been in touch.

“Stephen and Kevin are due back next Monday having played their last international in New York on June 11 or 12. “I haven’t spoken to them but there has been contact from Brighton through the summer about Ward.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
How much longer will the Ward saga play out? It really is getting very boring. It would be less than amusing if because of our apparent intransigence we lost out to another club.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

I think the Argus report started with "Earlier", meaning Jacket had said this in the past? Might just be Naylor rehashing an old quote?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Didn't bloom say deal near last night ? I remember the lua lua saga , this exceeds this by miles

If we can just get him in for Saturday I think we have a much much better chance of treading water until the end august . Very important but whatever sticking point shouldn't be happening with just 2 full days to go .

Please today FFS

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Obviously close, yet another test for our recruitment team to get a deal over the line. I'm fast losing faith TBH.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Ward saga an absolute joke .

Except a 'joke' is, by definition, something which is amusing and funny.

I'm totally bored and tired of this Ward saga by now - as I am with this summer's 'three about to sign' rumours.

In terms of false rumours and alleged targets not signing/going to another club, this is possibly the worst close season I can remember.

My life-long support (albeit mostly from afar) of the Albion has been sorely tested this summer.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
sega.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here