Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walter Palmer - New Public Enemy No 1? / Cecil the lion

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Not the first time he has had legal problems relating to hunting.He faced probation after pleading guilty to making a false statement after the killing of a black bear.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not the first time he has had legal problems relating to hunting.He faced probation after pleading guilty to making a false statement after the killing of a black bear.

Just a nasty violent man. Extradite him and put him on trial with the two hunt leaders.

Alternatively just send him back to the plains and leave him with a hungry pride then he can find out what hunting really means.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Again, I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion"

Quite apart from the odd reflection that he now regrets murdering this particular lion, as opposed to any other unfortunate specimen that may have wandered in front of his crosshairs, note the watering down of this despicable act by referring to the "taking" of this lion. Not shooting. Not killing. But "taking". Pathetic spin no doubt advised by the PR company he employed to compile this statement on his behalf.

As if it was ever his to "take".

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Quite a rare sight, every single post on this thread in agreement.

There is a special place in hell for people like this, absolute disgusting excuses for human beings. I wouldn't wish death on anyone, but I sincerely hope his life is ruined and his livelihood destroyed.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Despicable human being, let's hope his clients care enough to put him out of business and stop him having the funds to wilfully kill animals for his pleasure.

I agree, although i'm also feeling sorry for his co-workers at the practice that are now out of work.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
We, as humans appear to be top of the predators tree. All throughout the natural world a bigger predator gobbles up or rips to pieces the weaker ones. This is the world we live in. We can only hope that in the near future a bigger predator comes along and picks off the dentist as he sits looking at his prize kills.

This, though he was only "top of the tree" as he was carrying a crossbow, and his assistants guns.

Perhaps he should be offered the chance to wander through a pride of lions without any weapons.......?

Bit more of a level playing field I would say.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I normally tend not to let myself get wound up about hunting/cruelty but on this occasion the vile, sub-human, piece of shit has succeeded. To think he sat on a plane for hours with the image of a dead lion in his head and a smile on his face. He thinks he can just pay to kill what he likes. No different to having Madeleine McCann stuffed and hung over his fireplace. Nasty thought but true IMO

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I normally tend not to let myself get wound up about hunting/cruelty but on this occasion the vile, sub-human, piece of shit has succeeded. To think he sat on a plane for hours with the image of a dead lion in his head and a smile on his face. He thinks he can just pay to kill what he likes. No different to having Madeleine McCann stuffed and hung over his fireplace. Nasty thought but true IMO
much as hunting these beautiful animals isnt my thing , it really , really isnt the same, in fact thats quite a distatsteful analogy.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I find it abhorrent, senseless and cannot fathom why anyone could get pleasure out of it.

But I also find myself feeling a sense of hypocrisy about why I should feel particularly outraged when someone posts a picture of a big game hunter and its cull whilst quickly liking a later post of a mate showing of a caught and killed fish ( accepting many might be put back ), or a quick swerve to avoid a road kill animal which rarely registers with me.
spot on to be honest.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
No different to having Madeleine McCann stuffed and hung over his fireplace. Nasty thought but true IMO

Way OTT....I also abhore shooting Lion but to compare it with shooting child and having it stuffed is quite ridiculous......

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I find it abhorrent, senseless and cannot fathom why anyone could get pleasure out of it.

But I also find myself feeling a sense of hypocrisy about why I should feel particularly outraged when someone posts a picture of a big game hunter and its cull whilst quickly liking a later post of a mate showing of a caught and killed fish ( accepting many might be put back ), or a quick swerve to avoid a road kill animal which rarely registers with me.

Nail on head.

OMG Lion killed.

Damn those pork chops tasted good.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Amazes me the amount of people on here who are wishing painful death and worse on this bloke who killed the lion , yet recoil in horror at the thought of executing someone who has killed a human being, strange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here