Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wales v England - The Great Egg Chase

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Agreed. But how can a ref award a try by blowing his whistle and holding his arm up then asking the TMO to review?

One of his assistance must have seen something and asked him to check. They do that almost every try to see if there has been anything untoward in the move.[/QUOTE]

That's basically what happened. It was clearly an obstruction by Nick Easter. Still, a good decision by Lancaster to bring him back. Even at 36 the man is still a number 8 legend.

Though I am a Quin, so I would say that.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
England were just powerhouse weren't they. Throw in some nice ball control and they've got a grand slam in sight. I'm not a massive RU fan but that was as good if not better than any international football.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great to see Sussex lads out there representing our country & giving the Welsh a good battering too :)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great to see Sussex lads out there representing our country & giving the Welsh a good battering too :)

Twelvetrees and Marler. Anyone else ?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree, a patronising stance should be taken in such circumstances. However the fact that your forwards won no ball of note in the second half, territorially you had no advantage in the second forty minutes and that you apparently tried to win the game in the first period with no Plan B being out thought by a supposedly second rate coach and injury stricken English side MIGHT give cause for concern.

Best of luck

Nice one! Excellent reply considering you are a minor :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Zipperdee doo dah! Zipperdee day! Morning everybody! Isn't the world always a much better place when we beat Wales at Rugby? Always nice to put those arrogant SOBs in their place. Great game and I'll admit to being surprised at just how superior England were (for 70 minutes). I feared the worst after the opening ten. A win for Brighton today will be a nice addition to what is already a great weekend.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
World War III has commenced in our family with Welsh daughter-in-law having a total sense of humour meltdown after some fairly merciless ribbing from the majority English contingent. She has flounced off Facebook promising never to speak to them ever again. Funny buggers the Welsh :lolol:
I'll tell you what, they can dish it out but they can't take it can they? My wife's family are Welsh, they great people, but when Wales win at Rugby they become like they're members of some master race. When they lose (especially when they've been saying how they're going to win!) a raised eyebrow and half a smile sets off a tirade!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'll tell you what, they can dish it out but they can't take it can they? My wife's family are Welsh, they great people, but when Wales win at Rugby they become like they're members of some master race. When they lose (especially when they've been saying how they're going to win!) a raised eyebrow and half a smile sets off a tirade!

After 2 weeks of how many points they were going to stuff us by and "remember 2013" she got both barrels from pretty much everyone. I thought about intervening but I'm about as brave as the Welsh front row so just gave up :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
There are few better feelings in sport than England beating Wales in the Rugby.

Cracking win by England, and all the points scored by Bath players. Happy Bunny here.

3 points today would be the icing on the cake.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Those are the 2 I was thinking of. Joe lives in my town he's quite a unit!

I saw his debut for Quins at Leicester in 2010. I've had some doubts over his binding and temperament, but he is definitely developing into a quality international.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I saw his debut for Quins at Leicester in 2010. I've had some doubts over his binding and temperament, but he is definitely developing into a quality international.

Yeh glad someone from my school is representing England. Incidentally I told him the other day about his pic up in the seven stars bar at the Amex - he thought it a bit weird it was up in a football stadium but I explained its a sports bar etc

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yeh glad someone from my school is representing England. Incidentally I told him the other day about his pic up in the seven stars bar at the Amex - he thought it a bit weird it was up in a football stadium but I explained its a sports bar etc

Eastbourne is his home town ? Or was it Heathfield ?
Can't remember.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here