Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waitrose Shoppers Not Happy

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It is also comforting to know that you can park your car without some chav style person leaning against it while smoking or trying to hold a Neanderthal style conversation with some other Asda chav!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
First time I have read this thread, we shop at Waitrose, but I must say I do agree with all the shoppers who say about the deal attracting all the wrong sorts! quite frankly it is and we don't jolly well like it! we pay that much extra for our provisions so we escape the Tesco / Asda / Sainsburys users, we pay for that privilege!!! (I seriously wont even mention Lidl users!!)

I do hope someone in the marketing department at Waitrose is getting shouted at, its wrong and not acceptable!

I don't expect you all to agree with me, but I bet most of you do!

What is this "lidl" thing that keeps being mentioned? I've yet to try one? Is it a new organic quiche or something?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I used to pronounce it Lie-dell :(

Why do posh people say "Leedel" in a German accent ??? FFS its Liddle. Up North even NISA which is a corner shop competitor to Spar has changed from NISA rhyming with LISA to NICER :rant:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why do posh people say "Leedel" in a German accent ??? FFS its Liddle. Up North even NISA which is a corner shop competitor to Spar has changed from NISA rhyming with LISA to NICER :rant:

Play the game SOG - all part of the pretending to shop there not because need to but because it's fun pretence!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I might make more of an effort with the impoverished and shop at Lidl so that I am in a position to throw a sympathetic smile in their direction. Sort of like a community service, but entirely voluntary. I've heard they do some super smoked salmon, so might pick up (and pay for) a tray of that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
ALDI is better than LIDL - it is the WHICH Supermarket of the year for the second year running, which obviously makes mit considerably better than Waitrose.

They also have a fizzy wine (Cremant de Jura) which has been highlighted by one journalist as the best value fizzy available at the moment.

And I am not writing this as a committed customer - I went in to an ALDI for the first time yesterday (Bevois valley, Southampton) and was quite impressed. When we came out, our car was sandwiched between two '63 reg BMW X5's.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
ALDI is better than LIDL - it is the WHICH Supermarket of the year for the second year running, which obviously makes mit considerably better than Waitrose.

They also have a fizzy wine (Cremant de Jura) which has been highlighted by one journalist as the best value fizzy available at the moment.

And I am not writing this as a committed customer - I went in to an ALDI for the first time yesterday (Bevois valley, Southampton) and was quite impressed. When we came out, our car was sandwiched between two '63 reg BMW X5's.

Nigella-gate proved this means nothing - often servants borrow the masters car, credit card etc for personal use!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Security Features on BMW X5's are obviously not too hot then...... :wink:

And the important thing to note here was that Dave wasn't driving either ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here