Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waitrose Shoppers Not Happy

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But Asda is full of crying babies and people shouting at each other in the fruit and veg section.

Indeed - in foreign languages too! :eek::ohmy:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
.....plus £5 petrol and time to our nearest ASDA. Our Lidl has a bakery opening in the Spring, sounds as though it will be worth the wait. Their ob chocolate is nice as well.

Is that the Lidl near the Marina? I do hope so, it's my local!

But I doubt it, because it wouldn't cost you £5 to get to Asda...

I can't recommend the vegetable crisps highly enough!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ah, the Waitrose/Lidl combo, beloved by the residents of Notting Hill, Kensington and Chelsea.

Lidl's car parks are full of 'Clelsea tractors' these days. People who shop at Asda think Lidl is below them, whilst those who shop at Waitrose love the varied products that they can get there. In most cities the in-store bakery at Lidl is second to none!

And the Asda equivalent of that curry deal you mention costs £6.

This is VERY true - it's a favourite dinner party conversation of the chattering classes now. It's become a game these days trying to show "how much I saved on 'x' but it really is as good as 'y' old bean". Retail analysis shows this is very much the case at the moment. Spot on Pogue, good shout!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I used to live in Ascot, my local Waitrose was nearby in Sunningdale, it was the height of snobbery in there, Rolls Royces in the car park and women shopping in fur coats.
The thought of Lidl customers popping in there for free drinks in their dressing gowns and trackie bottoms has made my day.

Is that the Lidl near the Marina? I do hope so, it's my local!

But I doubt it, because it wouldn't cost you £5 to get to Asda...

I can't recommend the vegetable crisps highly enough!

Sadly (for you) no. Number 29 bus to Crowborough Cross and a few minutes walk up Beacon Road will take you to it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just got back. Living where one does, Waitrose is actually my local corner shop excluding the local corner shop.

It's a couple of minutes away. Only went for milk. Full of panic vol au vent buyers.

Walked out and went to Sainsburys instead.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Really?

Not at the Marina. It's all "GET 'ERE, I'VE 'AD E-FVCKING-NUFF!"

Good fish counter, though.

Well, it's by the sea, that's why! :) Anyway, what do they call their spawn these days? Twas "cum-'ere-WAAAAAAYNE" when I was younger and I never quite knew if that was their full name? Or an elongated version of "Wayne", a very respectful and traditional name without the extra's A's and accompanying throat-clearing scream. Pray tell please, there's a good chap. Pip Pip, tally ho!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Asda is excellent to pick up reduced fruit. The underclass spend all their government gifted shekels on turkey twizzlers, whilst I hoover up buckets pomegranate seeds for 10p each or slices of melon for 5p a throw. Marvellous.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just got back. Living where one does, Waitrose is actually my local corner shop excluding the local corner shop.

It's a couple of minutes away. Only went for milk. Full of panic vol au vent buyers.

Walked out and went to Sainsburys instead.

My god. It's come to this. Inform John Lewis immediately for a free coffee (and bonus chance to see some plebs too)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well, it's by the sea, that's why! :) Anyway, what do they call their spawn these days? Twas "cum-'ere-WAAAAAAYNE" when I was younger and I never quite knew if that was their full name? Or an elongated version of "Wayne", a very respectful and traditional name without the extra's A's and accompanying throat-clearing scream. Pray tell please, there's a good chap. Pip Pip, tally ho!

Tyler.

Or Kyle (after Jeremy, I presume.)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Asda is excellent to pick up reduced fruit. The underclass spend all their government gifted shekels on turkey twizzlers, whilst I hoover up buckets pomegranate seeds for 10p each or slices of melon for 5p a throw. Marvellous.

Cunning stuff BoF. But when is best time to go i.e. do you chance neighbours seeing you and go during daylight? Or leave until 22hrs+ which, as every Waitrose shopper knows, is well after closing time in an ordinary decent civilised society. Plus clashes with Newsnight? ;)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
First time I have read this thread, we shop at Waitrose, but I must say I do agree with all the shoppers who say about the deal attracting all the wrong sorts! quite frankly it is and we don't jolly well like it! we pay that much extra for our provisions so we escape the Tesco / Asda / Sainsburys users, we pay for that privilege!!! (I seriously wont even mention Lidl users!!)

I do hope someone in the marketing department at Waitrose is getting shouted at, its wrong and not acceptable!

I don't expect you all to agree with me, but I bet most of you do!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Cunning stuff BoF. But when is best time to go i.e. do you chance neighbours seeing you and go during daylight? Or leave until 22hrs+ which, as every Waitrose shopper knows, is well after closing time in an ordinary decent civilised society. Plus clashes with Newsnight? ;)

It's all gone by ten! You have to hang around the Whoopsie Counter at 5 until 6pm.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
First time I have read this thread, we shop at Waitrose, but I must say I do agree with all the shoppers who say about the deal attracting all the wrong sorts! quite frankly it is and we don't jolly well like it! we pay that much extra for our provisions so we escape the Tesco / Asda / Sainsburys users, we pay for that privilege!!! (I seriously wont even mention Lidl users!!)

I do hope someone in the marketing department at Waitrose is getting shouted at, its wrong and not acceptable!

Nouveau riche, I presume?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Early Saturday evening when they are swilling from their cut glass tumblers. Park round in the M&S car park, take a waitrose bag for life and wear a false moustache.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

You sound like a complete cock to be honest

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This gag has already been done....and is kind of what the original article is about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here