Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Wagatha Christie: Rooney v Vardy

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The Premiership FFS.

[TWEET]1525100048845086721[/TWEET]

That's probably why 'Wazza' didn't bat an eyelid. Probably thought the QC was on about 'egg-chasing' :dunce:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That's probably why 'Wazza' didn't bat an eyelid. Probably thought the QC was on about 'egg-chasing' :dunce:

Isn't it also impossible anyway - haven't Derby just been relegated, so it will take them another two years just to get back up into the 'Premiership'?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
"She also confirmed that she discussed posts on Rooney’s private Instagram accounts with her agent in the knowledge that her agent was talking to journalists at the Sun about Rooney’s private life. However, Vardy insisted this was not evidence that she was actively trying to leak information on Rooney to the Sun."

And there, to me, is Vardy's case completely destroyed.

Unlucky.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
A Marina Hyde take on things is always good value:

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...th-sea-rebekah-vardy-coleen-rooney-libel-case

There are battles. There are libel battles. And then there is … Wagnarok. Yesterday afternoon, several hours into her cross-examination in the high court, Rebekah Vardy returned from an emotional break in proceedings to observe from the witness box: “It’s been a very long few days.” Yeah, well. Chat shit get banged.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am seriously bemused by this 'all as bad as each other' guff. Roony's wife is absolutely the victim here, and has more GCSEs that most people posting on NSC :shrug:

One is worse than the other, and by some distance. But I still think both will sell the tale of this case to one media outlet or another, and state how terrible it all was, when it is just the sort of gossip that most women give and take about each other.
I have no idea what intimate secrets Mrs.Vardy may or may not have revealed, but if the stories kept Mrs.Rooney in the shit papers, it probably helped sell her autobiography, fitness video and whatever else she has published.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A Marina Hyde take on things is always good value:

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...th-sea-rebekah-vardy-coleen-rooney-libel-case

There are battles. There are libel battles. And then there is … Wagnarok. Yesterday afternoon, several hours into her cross-examination in the high court, Rebekah Vardy returned from an emotional break in proceedings to observe from the witness box: “It’s been a very long few days.” Yeah, well. Chat shit get banged.

Another superb column, perfectly summing up the vacuous stupidity of Vardy and this hugely entertaining shitshow. Hyde is one of my favourite writers.

Wayne Rooney must be absolutely mortified being dragged along every day to this ridiculous public catfight between two cossetted talentless bints who would still be behind the counter at Primark if they hadn't been shagging rich footballers instead.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
That's a very good summary.

Legally, Vardy might win this because Rooney can't demonstrate burden of proof to satisfy the judge, but morally Rooney has already won IMHO. There can't be anyone following this who doesn't think Vardy is a lying scumbag who was leaking stories about her friends to the sun, and has only won (if she wins) because she of lack of definitive evidence.
Because it's a civil case as opposed to a criminal case the burden of proof is much lower.
It's "on the balance of probability" as opposed to "beyond reasonable doubt".

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sadly a lot of people are obsessed with such trivia, that's why they report it

Two incredibly dull people with nothing to offer...

Those hanging out with Prem footballers are highly unlikely to be incredibly dull. Total airheads, perhaps not highly educated by academic standards, and utterly obsessed with themselves, yes. Incredibly dull, probably not.

They are alpha females if your judging criteria is about who can snare eligible bachelors, they are always aiming to be centre of attention in social situations, always looking to how best secure a high roller.

Compare that Janice in accounts, lovely girl, salt of the earth, looking for Mr Average to settle down with and have 2.4 children, a Labrador and a Japanese SUV. Many of us, me included, much prefer Janice to the high maintainence women chasing the Prem footballers. Still would not stop me wanting to shag the axxe off them if given the chance mind!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why was Mike Tyson in court?

240F331A-214D-4167-AE15-F329EE9C1830.png

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Anita Singh has been tweeting quite amusingly during the case. Looking forward to her thread today.

[TWEET] 1526486660548001792[/TWEET]

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I must be the only person in the world just not interested. Oh, I've posted here so I must be. On the other hand it was this thread or The Line and that one may be an April Fools joke.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
So, a small fortune paid by both the Rooney's and Vardy's for a judge to decide who he thought was in the wrong on social media.

In the meantime, the majority of the population don't give a sh!t and people are using food banks to feed their children.

The judge should give them both a 12 month ban from social media, not allow them to comment in the press and make them donate all their handbags and shoes to a Sue Ryder shop while making them both wear only black plimsols in public for a year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, what has happened to Wayne? His eyes are disappearing into his head and he looks like he permanantly blowing his cheeks out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, a small fortune paid by both the Rooney's and Vardy's for a judge to decide who he thought was in the wrong on social media.

a small fortune paid by both to show the world how thick they both are. Was it the judge who pointed out to Colleen, when asked for evidence and she said she believed something had happened, that belief is not evidence?

At times this case has been highly comical, oh dear my phone with all the evidence has accidentally fallen into the ocean, and I have enjoyed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here