Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Wagatha Christie: Rooney v Vardy

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I can't see any way Vardy can win.

All Rooney said was "it was vardy's account" when announcing where the leaks were coming from.

It's now widely known that the leaks are from Vardy's PR person....so someone with access to her account.

Technically, Rooney's statement was fine.

If it comes out in court that Vardy knew nothing then she also clears her name.

Weirdly, everyone will win.

Trebles all round!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I can't see any way Vardy can win.

All Rooney said was "it was vardy's account" when announcing where the leaks were coming from.

It's now widely known that the leaks are from Vardy's PR person....so someone with access to her account.

Technically, Rooney's statement was fine.

If it comes out in court that Vardy knew nothing then she also clears her name.

Weirdly, everyone will win.

hell of a lot of fuss over nothing then

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
They're only millionaires by proxy tho eh? Left to find their own way in life, they'd doubtless both be working in a worthy minimum wage job, either that or signing on. Instead they're pissing their idiot savant hubbies millions up the wall. Oh well, both just limbering up on the touchline before the inevitable mega-millions divorce settlement :shrug:

Apparently both women have become millionaires themselves, albeit on the back of being married to footballers.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Apparently both women have become millionaires themselves, albeit on the back of being married to footballers.

Would my wife become a millionaire if i game her the money and she then invested it in her name with a view to spreading the take burden?

I wont because she as already spent most of it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Millions of our fellow citizens in the midst of the worst cost of living crisis in recent history and these two are wasting resources on this pointless spat. They should hang their heads in shame.

They are but a pair of vacuous airheads with no talent / ability of their own living off the names and money of their footballing husbands with too much time on their hands.

They should hang their heads in shame but let's face it, they are too thick for that to ever happen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If they're not planning on settling this through some sort of mud-wrestling contest then I have absolutely no interest

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
What I cant understand is that the judge has the power to throw the case out on the grounds of proportionality in that the costs of hearing the case including legal costs and the time and resources required by the court are far in excess to the importance of the case and the comparitive sums involved.
I don't know why the judge doesn't exercise that power.

Part 1.1 of the Civil Procedure Rules state:

The overriding objective
(1) These Rules are a procedural code with the overriding objective of enabling the court to deal with cases justly and at proportionate cost.

(2) Dealing with a case justly and at proportionate cost includes, so far as is practicable –

(a) ensuring that the parties are on an equal footing and can participate fully in proceedings, and that parties and witnesses can give their best evidence;

(b) saving expense;

(c) dealing with the case in ways which are proportionate –

(i) to the amount of money involved;

(ii) to the importance of the case;

(iii) to the complexity of the issues; and

(iv) to the financial position of each party;

(d) ensuring that it is dealt with expeditiously and fairly;

(e) allotting to it an appropriate share of the court’s resources, while taking into account the need to allot resources to other cases; and

(f) enforcing compliance with rules, practice

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was thinking Dredd.

or Dread

jd.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Far be it for me to stand up for either of them, but Colleen Rooney did make her own money from modelling. This is from 2019.

Her personal wealth is estimated to be around £15.1 million, with a large chunk of it made up from her modelling endeavours, including starring in the George at Asda campaign for which she was reportedly paid £3 million.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
So where's 'Steptoe ' today? Noted from Sky that granny banger was there to support his wife. Just maybe Steptoe is plainly embarrassed by the whole ridiculous circus and has stayed away?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What a waste of money.

They should have just donated their legal fees to charity and done some small amount of good in the world.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Simply glorious.

[TWEET]1524042864484880384[/TWEET]

Me at the local Meat counter...I'll have 12 of your finest Peter Andre please"
Butcher..."that will 12 chipolatas then?"
Me. "You are correct Sir". and then I start to giggle uncontrollably.......:lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Me at the local Meat counter...I'll have 12 of your finest Peter Andre please"
Butcher..."that will 12 chipolatas then?"
Me. "You are correct Sir". and then I start to giggle uncontrollably.......:lolol:

How did Peter Andre allegedly ever service Katie Price adequately:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here