Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote Tory for a..umm...err..we sort of might have a sort of referendum on Europe.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Only, its not 'pseudo grief' (good to see that still haunts you)..... many members of my family, were lost, and its part of my family history......you consider people who do the same job as you......30 years later...is a bit different in my opinion
Then why post " Maybe you didnt lose many members of your family history thanks to fascism. " ? Looks like a blatant attempt to elicit sympathy to me .

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I would say both, but then they are largely having to deal with both now. The rise of "agency" work is staggering and allows big business to conveniently side step their employement obligations. I know elements of the apply but not to the same extent as permanent workers.

Fact is people are already being fired on a whim..............take the thousands of workers from Ford (in the UK, Germany and Belgium) sacked recently because Ford wanted to relocate manufacturing to Turkey (a country ourside the EU).

What protection did they get from being in the EU?

And people think manufacturers would leave the UK in droves if we exited from the EU..............laughable.

In your mind does EU resignation equate to resigning from the second most powerful economic block in the world, or is this something that would be somehow negotiated separately ? This kind of sounds where Cameron would like to be. If you don't see any value in this I think you must be an ideologist.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So, we are different Buzzer....Is that wrong?

Are you implying that I'm not against racism and/or fascism or are you genuinely asking whether I think it's okay for people to be different?

All I was doing was trying to make you see that it was a little bit ironic for you to question other people's obsessions when yours seems so bizarre to quite a few of us.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It was a response to a direct question.... Are you that thick?
Now you could have posted , " my grandparents died in the war, killed by the germans" , thats why i am so fervently anti nazi, but instead you chose to post the morose , hangdog " maybe you didnt lose many members of your family history thanks to fascism. " , see the difference ? One is a statement of fact, and one sounds like a 13 year old explaining why he hadnt done his homework .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Then it shows you know nothing about UKIP.

I think this is a big problem. Nobody really knows what they are, including the members themselves. They throw out a chairman for supportiig gay marriage yet they have an LGBT wing, they want immigrants out yet immigrants represent them, the founder left in disgust because he believed it was a fundamentally racist, bigoted, unpleasant party. I would say it's a deeply flawed party and I believe they are racist but my point is anyone supporting them when they are essentially a jumbled up, confused mess doesn't know what the hell they are doing.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I hate to say it we need to be in but we need to be in control of our own laws and rules. I thought when I voted for the common market it's was for trade not a federal Europe . :facepalm:

This, as they say. I voted to be best buddies with Europe in 1975, but I did not vote for a federal European superstate.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I know its a party with more than its fair share of racists, bigots, homophobes, mysoginists, and idiots.....tell me more..

Every single political party has it's fair share of those type of people - you just seem to have a bee in your bonnet about UKIP and have failed to explain why you hate them so much over any other mainstream legal political party.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Every single political party has it's fair share of those type of people - you just seem to have a bee in your bonnet about UKIP and have failed to explain why you hate them so much over any other mainstream legal political party.

Yes all parties have their bigots, racists, homophobes. Not all parties however, are stupid enough to make these actual policies like Ukip has.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

You have failed to explain anything good about them.
They are openly racist, they are openly bigoted, they are openly homophobic, they are openly mysoginistic....plus they are inept...what more do you need?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes all parties have their bigots, racists, homophobes not all parties however, are stupid enough to make these actual policies like Ukip has.

And I thought the bloke in Prague was stupid !

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I think this is a big problem. Nobody really knows what they are, including the members themselves. They throw out a chairman for supportiig gay marriage yet they have an LGBT wing, they want immigrants out yet immigrants represent them, the founder left in disgust because he believed it was a fundamentally racist, bigoted, unpleasant party. I would say it's a deeply flawed party and I believe they are racist but my point is anyone supporting them when they are essentially a jumbled up, confused mess doesn't know what the hell they are doing.

This. They are basically a hodge-podge of right wingers who, for a variety of reasons, are disaffected with the Conservative party, which is now lurching to the right on some issues in order to nullify them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here