Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote Tory for a..umm...err..we sort of might have a sort of referendum on Europe.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There could still be a referendum if Labour steal Dave's thunder and promise an "in-out" referendum if they form the next government. Funnier things have happened.

Although I'd trust them even less than the Tories to deliver on it given they completely lied and backed down over the last one they promised.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Whatever that may mean Buzzer.
Maybe you didnt lose many members of your family history thanks to fascism.
I visit my country often, I pay insurance and tax there, I have English TV.. Sorry if remaining English , and anti fascist offends....actually im not, just being polite ;-)

Last edited:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I thought it was an interesting point. Which is a bigger threat to the UK working class, competition from Eastern European immigrants or looser labour laws that allow workers to be fired on a whim ?

I would say both, but then they are largely having to deal with both now. The rise of "agency" work is staggering and allows big business to conveniently side step their employement obligations. I know elements of the apply but not to the same extent as permanent workers.

Fact is people are already being fired on a whim..............take the thousands of workers from Ford (in the UK, Germany and Belgium) sacked recently because Ford wanted to relocate manufacturing to Turkey (a country ourside the EU).

What protection did they get from being in the EU?

And people think manufacturers would leave the UK in droves if we exited from the EU..............laughable.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Good. As I said in another thread it's about time the UK puts up or shuts up. I'm fed up with the in, out, veto nonsense. Join in properly or sod off and hang out on the margins with those hugely influential countries like Norway and Switzerland.
Why would we want "influence" on an area we merely wanted to trade with ? I cant imagine whether or not chocolate contains a certain percentage of cocoa solids as per european directive 22455678/afghyyu12 would be uppermost in most peoples minds.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Says the man obsessed with taking EVERY thread down to 'brown people in London'..even when discussing rioting in East Belfast .....maybe It came with the mention of UKIP?..fecking dullard.

D

Deleted member 22389

How the f*** have you managed to shoehorn it into a debate about EU membership ? come on , lets have an EDL mention , then I'll have a full house of daveinprague bingo.

Exactly. EU membership and the effects of it have got absolutely nothing to do with it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Maybe you didnt lose many members of your family history thanks to fascism.
I visit my country often, I pay insurance and tax there, I have English TV.. Sorry if remaining English , and anti fascist offends....actually im not, just being polite ;-)

Please stop editing your posts. It makes it very difficult for any replies to you to flow naturally. As it happens, I couldn't give a toss if you were Namibian and the bastard child of Diana Mitford and Adolf Hitler and I've got no idea whether I lost any family members to fascism, I've never gone much for stressing about what happened to my ancestors.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So, we are different Buzzer....Is that wrong?

pssst Bushy...i thought you would be able to follow the NEXT post without it being quoted....obviously, I was wrong.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Maybe you didnt lose many members of your family history thanks to fascism.I visit my country often, I pay insurance and tax there, I have English TV.. Sorry if remaining English , and anti fascist offends....actually im not, just being polite ;-)
Now who's indulging in a bit of pseudo grief then ? Fancy getting all upset about people who were dead before you were even born, and you have the cheek to accuse me...............

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Only, its not 'pseudo grief' (good to see that still haunts you)..... many members of my family, were lost, and its part of my family history......you consider people who do the same job as you, albeit......30 years later...as family...its a bit different in my opinion, in fact...laughable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here