Vote Tory for a..umm...err..we sort of might have a sort of referendum on Europe.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Camicus

If we are going to stay in the EU we should be at its heart and fully intergrated a USE if you will. We will be better off 100% commited to Europe and taking part in the governance shaping policy and direction than sulking on the sidelines. Immigration is the biggest stick that people beat the EU with but if we had the same currancy armed forces health care pensions education people wouldnt leave there homelands

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive been on a UKIP website....Ive also looked into them and their past...what I see is a bunch of racist bigots, with a tendancy towards drinking in the bar at Brussels, rather than debating points on the floor... being racist, being homophobic, being mysoginstic, and of course, on some questions, just plain stupid.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ive been on a UKIP website....Ive also looked into them and their past...what I see is a bunch of racist bigots, with a tendancy towards drinking in the bar at Brussels, rather than debating points on the floor... being racist, being homophobic, being mysoginstic, and of course, on some questions, just plain stupid.

Exactly. Anyone who genuinely supports them needs to take a good look at themselves.

D

Deleted member 22389

Of course Ukip are bigoted and racist and homphobic. Anyone that votes for them for any other reason than to weaken the Conservatives is also very likely to be racist, bigoted and homophobic. This is the party that threw out one of their members because he publically spoke up for gay marriage.

Oh dear lol.

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
This is exactly right. I certainly don't want the great british public voting, there's peole like Bushy, this Redhill chap and Das Reich out there, christ most people shouldn't be trusted to choose between tea or coffee let alone the future of the UK.

You dont want the British public to have a vote?.A typical labour response then,Do as we tell you.Think as we do.

D

Deleted member 22389

Oh dear to you as well.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
This is exactly right. I certainly don't want the great british public voting, there's peole like Bushy, this Redhill chap and Das Reich out there, christ most people shouldn't be trusted to choose between tea or coffee let alone the future of the UK.
Whereas the "smart" vote like yourself would have had us joining the Euro from the outset, That would've worked out well wouldn't it ?

***** Waits for a denial about wanting to join the Euro from fervent pro European , and economics guru nibble *****

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You dont want the British public to have a vote?.A typical labour response then,Do as we tell you.Think as we do.

No, I'm all for a vote I'm just aware that on this issue morons of the type who support ukip will be champing at the bit to vote on this. It is entirely academic as the Conservatives will not be in power in 2017. This is the beginning of the end for Cameron, I'd be surprised if he's still party leader by the next election.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah yeah, but somebody offer me something about UKIP to convince me....nobody has attempted yet....its the same old story with rightwingers....deflections, smokescreens blah blah blah

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Whereas the "smart" vote like yourself would have had us joining the Euro from the outset, That would've worked out well wouldn't it ?

***** Waits for a denial about wanting to join the Euro from fervent pro European , and economics guru nibble *****

When have I ever stated I am a "fervent" pro european. Typical Ukip voter, making it up as they go along eh!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
When have I ever stated I am a "fervent" pro european. Typical Ukip voter, making it up as they go along eh!
When you said you didnt want the great british public voting , I assumed it as lets face it, the "great british public" to which you sneeringly refer , are likely to vote against continued membership, and make your mind up , what am i , ukip or bnp ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When you said you didnt want the great british public voting , I assumed it as lets face it, the "great british public" to which you sneeringly refer , are likely to vote against continued membership, and make your mind up , what am i , ukip or bnp ?

You need to stop reading into things that which isn't there especially as you lack interpretive abilities. You set your stall out very early Bushy, You will vote for anyone that gets rid of foreigners and re-installs some imagined Golden era of the British Empire. I imagine you love a bit of Union Jack bunting.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No, I'm all for a vote I'm just aware that on this issue morons of the type who support ukip will be champing at the bit to vote on this. It is entirely academic as the Conservatives will not be in power in 2017. This is the beginning of the end for Cameron, I'd be surprised if he's still party leader by the next election.

There could still be a referendum if Labour steal Dave's thunder and promise an "in-out" referendum if they form the next government. Funnier things have happened.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There could still be a referendum if Labour steal Dave's thunder and promise an "in-out" referendum if they form the next government. Funnier things have happened.

True, they have just been debating that on the wireless, I still don't think it will happen, a lot can happen in 5 years.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Isn't the problem with efta countries that they end up having to adopt eu trade legislation anyway?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You need to stop reading into things that which isn't there especially as you lack interpretive abilities. You set your stall out very early Bushy, You will vote for anyone that gets rid of foreigners and re-installs some imagined Golden era of the British Empire. I imagine you love a bit of Union Jack bunting.
Cross of st george for me nibs my old mate.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Youre worried about how the public vote? haha...

UKIP’s founder leader Dr Alan Sked has revealed that Nigel Farage MEP often
failed in his duties because he was “blind drunk”. Dr Sked has added: “UKIP’s
MEPs are a standing joke at Strasbourg, where their attendance record, even by the
standards of most MEPs, is relatively poor and where, according to independent
research by the European Studies centre at the London School of Economics, the
three often vote in different ways on the same issue.”37
On voting, Conservative MEP Roger Helmer has said: “UKIP’s record speaks for
itself. Their three current MEPs have a well-below-average voting record in plenary
sessions of the parliament. Often they have no idea how to vote. They frequently
abstain. They have even on occasion asked for copies of the Conservative voting list
because they have no idea what to do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports