Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Volcanic Eruption In Iceland, Uk Flights Cancelled, Some Airports Closed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unlikely that UK airports will open for a couple of days apparently

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope the ash doesn't come down over my garden, I was thinking of MAUNA LOAWN on the weekend.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Flight from Detroit to Amsterdam was delayed by 5 hours. Now stuck in Amsterdam for the foreseeable future. Its a f***ing bunfight here!! Earliest flight available out is now saturday and thats if the airports open (Amsterdam is shutting operations at 7pm).

I can think of worse cities to be stuck in though!

And I'm a bloody Geologist too!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well my school will be quiet on Monday with none of the overseas full time boarders able to fly in, and a fair number of other people have been on holiday this week.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Supposed to be flying out to Copenhagen at 8am tomorrow with Easyjet. The trip was originally for the Kessler vs Froch fight which got moved late on, now even going for a weekend piss up is under threat!

Does anyone know if you can change the destination of the flight if we have to fly at a later date? We would prefer to go elsewhere as Copenhagen is very expensive and even a small admin fee would probably still make it a cheaper weekend!

Does Easyjet actually fly into Copenhagen ? I would expect at least them landing at a small Swedish airstrip , followed by a 2 hour bus ride and then a ferry trip over to Copenhagen. :lol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Employee has just emailed to say she won't be in tomorrow as nanny might not get back from France in time. Is she taking the piss?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Does Easyjet actually fly into Copenhagen ? I would expect at least them landing at a small Swedish airstrip , followed by a 2 hour bus ride and then a ferry trip over to Copenhagen. :lol:

I'm flying into Copenhagen with Easyjet next week. And yes it is THE Copenhagen airport, not over the bridge in Sweden.

It's Ryanair who use the dodgy former military airstrips as "airports" miles and miles away from the locations they purport to serve.

Viva Stelios!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Employee has just emailed to say she won't be in tomorrow as nanny might not get back from France in time. Is she taking the piss?

Nanny certainly is, im sure she could find alternative childcare easily enough as well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No chance of being covered with ash here apparently, although they do say to keep an eye on the sunset tonight, which should be more attractively pink than normal.

I'm off work until Sunday morning, which is a bit of a touch under the circumstances. I bet plenty of people are still turning up at the airport.

I would LOVE to see a live volcano up close...well not THAT close, but you know what I mean.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
David Cameron has stated today that it's all "very worrying", and that his first thoughts are with the emergency services workers.

Er...slightly overdramatising things here Dave? Are the ambulances and hospitals suddenly overwhelmed by legions of wheezing pensioners coughing up ash-coloured mucus? Are the firefighters struggling to free people from beneath mountains of ash? Are the police battling a tide of looters as the country descends into a state of volcanic anarchy? ???

I know there's an election on, but come on :lolol:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is there any evidence of planes crashing other than those that flew directly into the plume?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Lovely red sun in SO30.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
normal pink sky IMO tonight, tomorrows could be better!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here