Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Volcanic Eruption In Iceland, Uk Flights Cancelled, Some Airports Closed

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I got in to Gatwick from Malaga late last night, I was very surprised to see this news item BLOW UP overnight

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I blame the Catholic Church myself – all that white smoke going up chimneys, this sort of thing was bound to happen sooner or later

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There are literally no planes anywhere north of Heathrow right now, slightly surreal

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Supposed to be flying out to Copenhagen at 8am tomorrow with Easyjet. The trip was originally for the Kessler vs Froch fight which got moved late on, now even going for a weekend piss up is under threat!

Does anyone know if you can change the destination of the flight if we have to fly at a later date? We would prefer to go elsewhere as Copenhagen is very expensive and even a small admin fee would probably still make it a cheaper weekend!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Denmark are shutting their airspace at 5pm.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Does anyone know if you can change the destination of the flight if we have to fly at a later date? We would prefer to go elsewhere as Copenhagen is very expensive and even a small admin fee would probably still make it a cheaper weekend!

Have you perchance contacted your tour operator ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm in Hong Kong and due to fly back today. Virgin car due to pick me up at 9.10 local time and they advised plane would be delayed so did I want my car delayed. So I can stay here at hotel and drink (but pay for it which in a central hk hotel is not a cheap option) or still go to airport and drink in the lounge for free for a few hours.

mind you - could be more than a few hours delay unless a fresh northerly wind cuts in soon

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The displacement of aircraft and crews will take days to sort itself out.
Be lucky to get anywhere until Monday would be my guess.
Hope you all got sound travel insurance ...

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
I flew over Iceland last week on route to San Francisco, the pilot drew the volcano to our attention, it just looked like a hole in a hill with a bit of smoke coming out of it!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Making me laugh seeing some passengers on TV complaining that they're not getting enough information from their airlines.

FFS, ALL flights into and out of the UK & most of Northern Europe are cancelled & will be screwed for the foreseeable future. What part of that don't you understand?? What else do you expect the airline to tell you?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
lol my mates flight to san remo just now been cancelled, and he has bought into a poker tournament, gg him and his EUR 5,400 buyin

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This big cloud of dust enveloping the country, rumours are the cleaner in the Palace trophy room has been arrested connected with the incident.

:lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why is he using a metal detector in the middle of an eruption? :eek:
4505369452_8a7c5f69d0.jpg

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I'm in Hong Kong and due to fly back today. Virgin car due to pick me up at 9.10 local time and they advised plane would be delayed so did I want my car delayed. So I can stay here at hotel and drink (but pay for it which in a central hk hotel is not a cheap option) or still go to airport and drink in the lounge for free for a few hours.

mind you - could be more than a few hours delay unless a fresh northerly wind cuts in soon

no flights until 6am tomorrow morning now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here