Villa ticket sales suspended!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Looking at Insider's reply on ATC re postal applictions, it appears everyone who got their application in by today will get tickets.

added to the fact that on another thread it says online tickets are back on sale I guess it's NOT sold out yet?

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
3 mates today went to shop signed up for white members and and came away with 3 tickets,also guy behind counter told him we may get more if we sell out,so i take it,anyone who had thier appllication in before him would be certain of a ticket, or am i putting too much trust in the office guys??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolutely NOT true. My MUM arrived at the shop at 12.30, queued for a while, and walked away with two tickets [one gold membership, one white] in her hand.

If she did then total double standards by the club as they did advise no tickets would be sold direct in the ticket office........

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
its very simple. if you want to go to villa do not attend the previous 2 rounds do not go to all home games pay a tenner and bobs your uncle. before anyone asks i cannot afford the outlay of a season ticket but have missed 1 game this season. thats loyalty for u. i would make anyone who wants to go to villa pay 24 pounds for the next home game, but thers no easy tenners on that.

Oct 25, 2003
If she did then total double standards by the club as they did advise no tickets would be sold direct in the ticket office........

no they didn't

they advised people to buy online as they knew otherwise there'd be f*** off massive queues at the shop

as it turned out there was big queues anyway, so they were right to make the bulk of people buy online

i currently have two tickets residing in my wallet:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It's not double standards though is it? It could possibly be seen as contradictory. It could also be seen as a process change. Regardless, it's not double standards.

Anyway, so what? People are in the ticket office and paying for their tickets. The club now have the tickets in hand. Do you really expect them to incur further administrative time and cost to envelope, address and post tickets at a later stage.

Seems like a logical approach from the club, for which they should be applauded, not damned.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
no they didn't

they advised people to buy online as they knew otherwise there'd be f*** off massive queues at the shop

as it turned out there was big queues anyway, so they were right to make the bulk of people buy online

i currently have two tickets residing in my wallet:thumbsup:

To be to fair to beach hut, it was said that you would only be able to drop off postal applications in the club shop.

Oct 25, 2003
To be to fair to beach hut, it was said that you would only be able to drop off postal applications in the club shop.

really?

in the shop they were saying those queuing up were 100% certain to get a ticket, and those dropping off postals were only 99% certain

which was odd

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We were asked about our opinion at a fans meeting.

I've always though that in theory a points based system based on all attendance was preferable, but not practical until after we've been at Falmer for a season or two.

Once the infrastructure is in place to record all sales (home, away, season, club shop etc..) then a very fair system could be constructed.

It's also a great marketing tool. If you in a relegation battle and you want a big crowd, you add weight to the points on a game.

In certain situations an away game on a Tuesday night could be worth more than a home.

It also has the benefit of "rewarding" those who buy single tickets regularly.

I presume you need some form of ceiling on the points and also a way of resetting them to a certain degree at the end of the season.

For example a season ticket in the last season, or regular purchases gives you a bit of a head start the next year - but these volatile points "disappear" if you decide not to go for the first few games of the next.

I think most fans would go for it and possibly become quite obsessional about it. I quite like (and I'm sure the club would) a system that encouraged purchases from the club shop.

You could also cash 'em in. Theoretically a season ticket purchaser could offset the price against purchases from the last season.

The possibilities in terms of marketing are endless. Dump the Withdean wager, link it to the winning of membership points.

Forget sending in ticket stubs, the era of Green Shield Stamps has long past. Training staff to recognise stubs from a variety of clubs is an administrative nightmare.

However at the moment, I think the current system is the most workable. I would like to see something like the above in the future though....

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The fact that glory fans that turn up every 4/5 years to watch us play premiership teams dont know about it and therefore complain bitterly when they dont get a ticket.

Anyone who really followed the club but wasnt an STH (sh)would have a blue membership and they would therefore be guarenteed a ticket. The fact that X thousand fair weatherfans turn up at the ticket office starting a riot and demanding a ticket they simply shouldnt have doesnt make the system bad.

O do pipe down, you're still at school and many of them "glory hunters" were hunting glory when you were in nappies 13+ years ago and it's because of them you've got a f***ing club to support now. And believe me, there wasn't much glory about it them days. As you get older you often just can't commit like you used to. Why shouldn't they enjoy a day out now?

B-Rad

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
its a shame that those who have been white members for years get let down by this bollox online system while those that can actually turn up at the ticket office on the day, sign up and are sorted. pre-requisite shit my arse. 12 hours trying and have got nowhere. postal applications all the way next time...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | Coming Up | Coming Up | Aston Villa v Albion (FAC4)

Have a read of this and it states clearly you can only buy via postal or on-line so I stand by what I said which as usual is ignored by everyone else.

So the point is the club have changed tack on what they announced which I suspect may annoy several people if they knew they could just go in and purchase over the counter.

The point is do as you advertise or else you leave yourself open to criticism which is precisely what they have done. Also another lesson to be learnt is close the option to join the membership system when doing this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Double post for some reason - Bozza out !

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Once the infrastructure is in place to record all sales (home, away, season, club shop etc..) then a very fair system could be constructed.

It's also a great marketing tool. If you in a relegation battle and you want a big crowd, you add weight to the points on a game.

Surely this is exactly the reason they have requested people buy online? It might not have been the best system in the world today, but the club has now got EVERYONE registered online and can monitor the games people attend (assuming they buy their tickets from the T.O.). They will have also made a bit on the side from sales of blue/white memberships. Good move in my opinion.

I guess they will also use this for marketing purposes now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | Coming Up | Coming Up | Aston Villa v Albion (FAC4)

Have a read of this and it sates clearly you can only buy via postal or on-line so I stand by what I said which as usual is ignored by everyone else.

So the point is the club have changed tack on what they announced which I suspect may annoy several people if they knew they could just go in and purchase over the counter.

The point is do as you advertise or else you leaver yourself open to criticism which is precisely what they have done. Also another lesson to be learnt is close the membership system when doing this.

You have a point.

In retrospect this was probably not the best thing to do and they should have closed membership.

Having said that, I'm still a but confused about the White Membership. Is it payable annually ? :lolol: The form seems to suggest it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports