Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vile racist language in the South Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I may disagree with a poster although I never try to insult them or their intelligence for a cheap shot. I didn’t insult you I simply stated what you posted.
If you have to result to insults trying to make a point then you’ve already lost in my book.
No - you did NOT for the 3rd time - You weren’t just disagreeing with me, you were deliberately twisting what I was saying, adding presumptive comments then trying to be clever by trying to catch me out even when I had explained to you my initial comment TWICE you then accused me of deliberately offending you - please read my first and subsequent posts again and your responses. You have now done it again!

For your information- I did not insult you, I have NOT insulted anyone here, I stated a fact - being ‘ignorant’ of something in particular is not an insult on someone’s intelligence - it means having having no knowledge of (in this context) jurisprudence legal principles- you (rather aggressively!) asked me what I believed asked me a question and I answered you - I translated the latin and meaning because I assumed you would have no knowledge of legal jurisprudential principles - If I was incorrect in assuming you were ignorant of this principle, I used, I apologise- most people would be, unless, like me, they have a background in law.

Another legal principle is ignorantia juris non excusat - you can translate that one yourself, I don’t want to risk insulting you.

I’m done here.

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Mention it all you like. Perhaps parading your ignorance and prejudice is a little bit foolish though.
Its a shame that folk like you give autism such a bad press. Like the gestapo, strutting around trying to find offence in everything whilst offending as often as they can. I'm sure you somehow process your behaviour as beneficial but you should take a really good look at your posts, your attitude and the impact it may have on the perception of those experiencing the impacts of autism.

If you have been deeply traumatised through a loved one suffering from how people view their autism, if that is what drives your unpleasant outlook, then I really do feel for you, it must have been a horrendous experience to generate such bile.

Goodbye.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Its a shame that folk like you give autism such a bad press. Like the gestapo, strutting around trying to find offence in everything whilst offending as often as they can. I'm sure you somehow process your behaviour as beneficial but you should take a really good look at your posts, your attitude and the impact it may have on the perception of those experiencing the impacts of autism.

If you have been deeply traumatised through a loved one suffering from how people view their autism, if that is what drives your unpleasant outlook, then I really do feel for you, it must have been a horrendous experience to generate such bile.

Goodbye.
Who else is offended apart from you ? What offence have I taken ? Which post of mine contains bile ? Is this always the way you react when someone tries to correct your misconceptions ?
You have had a problem engaging on this thread for quite a few pages now.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You weren’t just disagreeing with me, you were deliberately twisting what I was saying, adding presumptuive comments then trying to catch me out even when I had had explained to you my initial comment - please read my first and subsequent posts again and your responses. You have now done it again!

For your information- I did not insult you, I have NOT insulted anyone here, I stated a fact - being ‘ignorant’ of something in particular is not an insult on someone’s intelligence - it means having having no knowledge of (in this context) jurisprudence legal principles- you (rather aggressively!) asked me what I believed asked me a question and I answered you - I translated the latin and meaning because I assumed you would have no knowledge of legal jurisprudential principles - If I was incorrect in assuming you were ignorant of this principle, I used, I apologise- most people would be, unless, like me, they have a background in law.

Another legal principle is ignorantia juris non excusat - you can translate that one yourself, I don’t want to risk insulting you.

I’m done here.
:facepalm: bit late tbh

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Who else is offended apart from you ? What offence have I taken ? Which post of mine contains bile ? Is this always the way you react when someone tries to correct your misconceptions ?
You have had a problem engaging on this thread for quite a few pages now.
To be fair I read through a few posts and quickly dismissed them, scrolling past any others as it appeared you were after confrontation. I'd suggest getting a regular hobby, it helps to get rid of any built up anger, perhaps pump some weights. 💪

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
To be fair I read through a few posts and quickly dismissed them, scrolling past any others as it appeared you were after confrontation. I'd suggest getting a regular hobby, it helps to get rid of any built up anger, perhaps pump some weights. 💪
That’s an interesting post. Can you remind me which posts of mine were angry ? Mostly I was discussing Special Educational Needs with some of the posters I respect on here.
Perhaps you could also copy and paste your reply from the club on your issue from Saturday ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There was a misunderstanding about NB using his wife's work with autistic adults as evidence for the existence of autistic adults. Surely that has been cleared up now.

Horses Arse struggled with the notion and got quite angry. Then I made a joke and asked a couple of questions and he got really angry.

Other than that though I haven't really noticed offence given or taken or bile or anger being chucked about.

All seems like a storm in a tea cup over a misunderstanding to me. I'll be interested to see which posts are presented as angry, offensive and bile though.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
There was a misunderstanding about NB using his wife's work with autistic adults as evidence for the existence of autistic adults. Surely that has been cleared up now.

Horses Arse struggled with the notion and got quite angry. Then I made a joke and asked a couple of questions and he got really angry.

Other than that though I haven't really noticed offence given or taken or bile or anger being chucked about.

All seems like a storm in a tea cup over a misunderstanding to me. I'll be interested to see which posts are presented as angry, offensive and bile though.
Let's let the thread end as it's been all over the place and perhaps misunderstandings throughout.
Apologies from me if I've misunderstood any and tbh I really don't want to risk RSI from scrolling back through or divorce though exceeding phone time! I will share the response as per the above request.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Club response below. I'm disappointed they were allowed to remain in and that we had a really crap day out. I'd rather have spend the £60 doing something a little less abusive but it could be worse; Palace fans waste money every week.

Seems action is being taken and hopefully some lessons learnt will be taken forward in how this could perhaps be derisked in the future. Not 100% comfortable with the reponse, but nothing is perfect hey! Except Michelle Keegan perhaps. OK now I'm deviating from the thread.

Off to watch the ladies next week so the blood pressure normalises.

 RESPONSE

Thank you for your email addressed to Paul, which has been forwarded on to me.

A number of my colleagues met this morning to discuss your email and what happened on Saturday.

Firstly I am sorry that the behaviour of another supporter affected your enjoyment of the match. I note from your email that the child in question had complex needs, and I know the matter was dealt with on matchday by the Police and our Safeguarding Manager.

Having spoken with my colleagues I believe that as soon as you highlighted the issue at half time, you and your daughter were quickly relocated away from the area and moved to some available seats on the half way line.

Our Safeguarding Manager remained in the area where you had been sat, and the matter was dealt with on the ground with the Police. I am not able to share the outcome of this for confidentiality reasons, but can assure you that it was escalated and is being dealt with through the appropriate channels.

Thank you for taking the time to write and we hope that you and your daughter will be back to enjoy another matchday with us soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here