Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente's pass that led to Orlandi's chance

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Oo look, I've got a new desktop background.

Bit leggy so not sure how to take your comment Trig! Is it a 'I'm gonna use that pic as my new desktop pic'? If so, why not, you won't be the only one!

Or is it a 'oh look at me posting pictures of Vicente, aren't I clever etc etc'? If so, you can f***ing do one :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bit leggy
I don't know what that means.
Is it a 'I'm gonna use that pic as my new desktop pic'?
Nearly. It wasn't 'I'm gonna' it was 'I've got' - done before posting.

Or is it a 'oh look at me posting pictures of Vicente, aren't I clever etc etc'? If so, you can f***ing do one :)
On this occasion, I don't need to do one.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I don't know what that means.
Nearly. It wasn't 'I'm gonna' it was 'I've got' - done before posting.

On this occasion, I don't need to do one.

Bit leggy = bit pissed :) Okey dokey, no problem then, have a good evening Trig :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From my seat at that end of WSU I honestly didn't see that pass as on. Totally opened them up and created our best chance. Pure GENIUS Vicente :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shocker of a finish. Barnes would have slotted that one away.
Totally this, I'd say Barnes is the only player who would have put that away.

It felt like last season all his goals came from that very spot, second phase ball, after Vicente & KLL had tormented whichever poor sap down the left.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apart from the Mackail-Smith swing and miss :thumbsup:
F**kin idiot.
It was Leo in the six yard box, well tackled by the defender.

But other than that, spot on punditry.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Granted Orlandi did not have one of his better games but he was far from shocking IMO.

I like Orlandi normally and agree with whoever it was who said he'd walk in to most of our previous teams. But he had a poor game by his standards. Blatant dive, missing the chance from th Vicente pass and gave it away in frustrating positions. No biggy, I'm sure he'll be back on form on Tuesday.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I agree - simply brilliant pass. I also liked that Orlandi was there to receive it.

It was good to see Vicente linking with Buckley on the other flank too, we are so much more incisive with Buckley and Vicente playing togther and make defending so much harder for the other teams - because we are so more capable of the unexpected and at pace too. I would be tempted to play Vicente instead of Lopez on Tuesday and get Buckley on a bit earlier.
BUCKLEY needs to start Tuesday. We more balanced and dangerous when he is on the pitch. Great pass by the master though

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
The scary thing is, the bloke (talking Vicente here) has forged an exceptional career based mostly on his more conventional wing-play attibutes; pace, dribbling, crossing etc.. - he wouldn't have gotten the same license to exert his defence-unlocking magic from a more restricted left flank position for Valencia. Here, however, it's almost like it's purely his innate, Spanish footballing talent that has allowed him to slot into that playmaking role and pick out the sort of passes that he does. What some players would give to have that sort of vision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here