Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente's pass that led to Orlandi's chance

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Truly a moment of pure genius. Worth the admission price alone.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah, but he's being held here against his will, and when do we actually win when he is on the pitch? :wozza:

"He'll never play for us again"

"Taking the piss, just taking the club's money"

"Waste of wages"

"Not actually injured"

"Pissing off the other players with his special treatment"

"Negative influence around the place"

Etc, etc.

Never has such a lot of crap been written about such a talented individual.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
To be fair to Orlandi, I don't think the chance was as simple as you are all making out.

Sky cameras showed the chance from behind him.

Although the keeper was off his line he still had to be beaten, and they were 3 defenders around the goal line too.

He tried to place in in the top corner.

Probably would have been better blasting it, but if he did, there were plenty of players who might have blocked it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Bad miss but I don't know how people can say Orlandi was bad overall. He was decent enough and has been an excellent signing. Would have walked into most of our teams of the last 20 years.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Yeah, but he's being held here against his will, and when do we actually win when he is on the pitch? :wozza:

"He'll never play for us again"

"Taking the piss, just taking the club's money"

"Waste of wages"

"Not actually injured"

"Pissing off the other players with his special treatment"

"Negative influence around the place"

Etc, etc.

Never has such a lot of crap been written about such a talented individual.

Totally agree.

I think the players actions when he scored, show just how popular he is with the rest of the team.

And the reception he received when he came on the pitch shows how popular he is with most of the fans.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Facial expression says it all, he f***ing loved that today, 25000 singing his name!
image.jpg

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
most creative premiership players wouldn't of even thought of playing that pass, let alone executing it, the vision, the motion, the weight, the spin, absolute perfection. DAT PASS

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
Probably the best bit of skill at The Amex since the same player went on THAT run against Derby. Orlandi should have buried it though. In fact Orlandi was shocking today full stop.

Granted Orlandi did not have one of his better games but he was far from shocking IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
most creative premiership players wouldn't of even thought of playing that pass, let alone executing it, the vision, the motion, the weight, the spin, absolute perfection. DAT PASS

Well done to Bridge who read it & crossed it.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Granted Orlandi did not have one of his better games but he was far from shocking IMO.

Maybe it's because we know he is capable of so much more? Personally, I thought he did OK, a few stray passes but he wasn't alone in that. Chased back as well, and he did one excellent tackle in the first half that replays showed he quite clearly won the ball, that the ref penalised him for.

Vicente, Orlandi, Spanish Dave - potentially the classiest midfield in the Championship.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Vicente's couple shit of tackles/passes where undermined by his genius contribution. We would only have 1 point tonight without Vicente. He is the most technically gifted Albion player I've ever seen. Post here if you've seen better! Meanwhile enjoy the dagger whilst you can, you won't see the like again.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Best quality moment of the season for me.

Incredible vision and perfect execution.

Champions League class. Deserved to create a goal.

Vicente take a bow son.

It encapsulated more quality in one pass than you would ever witness in twenty three (that is 23) home matches at the Sarf Lundun sewage and waste reclamation works.

Total total class!

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here