Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente's celebration

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Allegedly. And even so, it's VICENTE and we have NEVER had a player of his calibre at the club before and probably never will again.

I don't believe we would have attracted so many decent Spanish footballers if he wasn't with us either.

100% agree.

Bruno, for a start, would not have come here if Vicente wasn't here.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Warning this post is very cynical.

Could Vicente be more keen to play now as he intends to leave and wants to showcase his talents ?

Personally I'm not bothered as both the club and him would benefit. And I'm only playing devils advocate.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Warning this post is very cynical.

Could Vicente be more keen to play now as he intends to leave and wants to showcase his talents ?

Personally I'm not bothered as both the club and him would benefit. And I'm only playing devils advocate.

Pretty pointless statement. How many players in lower league football aren't trying to play as well as they possibly can with the aim of getting into a higher league?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He was well and truly crap when he first came on. Poor ball control, poor passing. Just as well he redeemed himself with the goal.

Yes he was. But given ten or fifteen minutes and he got into the rhythm of the game and made some telling runs and passes. He was obviously rusty. But THAT pass and THAT goal!

el punal

He was a bit pony before the goal but he erupted into laugh after. He does have the killer touch so can make all the difference. Showed what having a quality keeper is like to have too. Kush wouldve saved that freekick. Another level is Tomasz.

Chatting with a Hull fan on the train home, he said : "Why could'nt we (Hull) have Kush!" - cue green with envy! :lolol:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Would you seriously want to go through all this again? Unless he is scintillating for the rest of the season, his wages could have been spent better elsewhere.

Go through what again?

If you mean that you were sucked into the hysterical Eastenders-like, pant-wetting overreaction that was played out by a cadre of carping drama queens in the alternative reality that is NSC (waste of wages, sicknote, doesn't want to be here etc. irrelevent nonsense) then, just get a life.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, run-of-the-mill, earnest but drab football journeymen are ten a penny; Vicente has quality like no other in the Championship, better than most in the Premier League, probably the best player to ever wear the blue & white stripes and the excitement of anticipating what he will do on the field is certainly worth my entry fee.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Go through what again?

If you mean that you were sucked into the hysterical Eastenders-like, pant-wetting overreaction that was played out by a cadre of carping drama queens in the alternative reality that is NSC (waste of wages, sicknote, doesn't want to be here etc. irrelevent nonsense) then, just get a life.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, run-of-the-mill, earnest but drab football journeymen are ten a penny; Vicente has quality like no other in the Championship, better than most in the Premier League, probably the best player to ever wear the blue & white stripes and the excitement of anticipating what he will do on the field is certainly worth my entry fee.

Well said!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
If he never plays for us ever again, it's been a privilege to have him in the stripes.

Don't think we'll see him next season, personally, but I'm sure we'll be getting excited about some more big-name signings in the years to come. Good times.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Go through what again?

If Vicente goes on to make another 10 or so appearances for this season would you award him another contract? Be honest here with his track record of injuries and our playing budget is supposedly around 14th. Wouldn't his wages be better spent elsewhere?. By the way i'm playing devils advocate here.

Dec 29, 2011
Go through what again?

By 'Go through this again' I mean paying a player who is one of the top 5 earners for playing about 2 games per season. I know I wouldn't.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Watching the post-match interview with Vicente.

Think it's time to leave the question about injuries now....

(And perhaps use subtitles - thanks)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Watching the post-match interview with Vicente.

Think it's time to leave the question about injuries now....

(And perhaps use subtitles - thanks)

Ridiculous asking a guy who has been injured most of his career "how frustrating has your injury been"?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
go through what again?

If you mean that you were sucked into the hysterical eastenders-like, pant-wetting overreaction that was played out by a cadre of carping drama queens in the alternative reality that is nsc (waste of wages, sicknote, doesn't want to be here etc. Irrelevent nonsense) then, just get a life.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, run-of-the-mill, earnest but drab football journeymen are ten a penny; vicente has quality like no other in the championship, better than most in the premier league, probably the best player to ever wear the blue & white stripes and the excitement of anticipating what he will do on the field is certainly worth my entry fee.

a million times this.

- - - Updated - - -

By 'Go through this again' I mean paying a player who is one of the top 5 earners for playing about 2 games per season. I know I wouldn't.

You had to pay? Blimey , the club's in a worse state than I thought.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If Vicente goes on to make another 10 or so appearances for this season would you award him another contract? Be honest here with his track record of injuries and our playing budget is supposedly around 14th. Wouldn't his wages be better spent elsewhere?. By the way i'm playing devils advocate here.

Depends if those performances push us into the play-offs or not...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I spend 9 months of the season thinking, 'it's such a shame Vicente never worked out, thanks for the memories'.

I spend 1 month of the season thinking, 'oh I'm a giggly little school girl, so excited I might wet myself'.

As for next season, would I trade that for 10 months of being pleased with our team.

No freakin way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here