Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was in Hove yesterday. In an open top car, and he even waved after a little "Ole ole ole" shout. Means nothing for his football future, but hey, he was here.

:albion:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Was there a flash from the grassy knoll?

Yes there was image.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone STILL think that he would have been good to re-sign?
TBH I'd have happily had him back.

I was proper 'little boy' excited on the rare occasion he had the ball at his feet.
That's not going to happen again, any time soon.

(To kick the current hornets nest) he was worth the entry fee alone.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
(To kick the current hornets nest) he was worth the entry fee alone.

Hello. Hornet here. How many good games do you feel he had for us last season? I remember one at home (can't remember the opposition) where I think he scored the only goal and put in a MOM performance but I can't recall any more.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I wrote a blog about him yesterday (shameless self-plug: http://jamesrcrook.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/cheers-for-memories-el-punal.html), watched a few videos and felt really sad that he has gone after not really acknowledging it in the summer due to the ongoing Poyet debacle. Would ruddy love to see him return, but as the artist formerly known as Jimmy Savile points out above, he probably did only have one or two decent showings last season.

Perhaps the change in management would bring the best out of him?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hello. Hornet here. How many good games do you feel he had for us last season? I remember one at home (can't remember the opposition) where I think he scored the only goal and put in a MOM performance but I can't recall any more.
Oh total luxury and completely flattered to deceive.
But nevertheless I was still more excited by the expectation than I have been and will be.

Plus the fact it's not my money!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ben's Grandad won't know what to know with himself now.

Anyone STILL think that he would have been good to re-sign?

A big fat definite NO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh total luxury and completely flattered to deceive.
But nevertheless I was still more excited by the expectation than I have been and will be.

Plus the fact it's not my money!!

That last line is the killer text. Too many injuries.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
A big fat definite NO.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower

I bet those immortal words find no echo in your soul!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower

one million per cent this. i sometimes think that people who do not want Vicente back don't actually like football that much. they like Brighton, they like winning and they like success but they don't really like football. i understand every argument against it but i'd still love to see him back just on the off chance he'll weave some of his beautiful magic every once in a while.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Absolutely 100% this with every possible bell on.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
one million per cent this. i sometimes think that people who do not want Vicente back don't actually like football that much. they like Brighton, they like winning and they like success but they don't really like football. i understand every argument against it but i'd still love to see him back just on the off chance he'll weave some of his beautiful magic every once in a while.

Absolutely agree. There aren't too many players that get you on the edge of your seat every time they get the ball, Vicente was, without doubt, one of these. Would love to have him back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here